Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151929 ... LastLast

Thread: EoFF Mafia Dissidia

Articles
    Blog Entries

Now that we have a confirmed Town, I've managed to collate together all the relevant posts Qwerty/Seifer ever posted.

Quote Originally Posted by qwertysaur View Post
    Wow a lot happened while I was asleep. Here is what I see. A textbook bandwagon. Because if one more person votes no death then the day immediately will end and that is bad for the town. I'll help stop your temptation though Freya.

##Vote:Formalhaut

The night time is the time of the mafia, let's not rush what we have.
    Here is why I'm against no lynching so fast

Firstly it ends the day and that's the time where the mafia can strike, as I've said before

Secondly it's just not sustainable. We need to eventually vote on people to lynch because the mafia are not going to just kill themselves for us. A no lynch is the safest vote for them because it has almost no risk.
    OOC:FYI we are supposed to be asleep. No talking.
    To summarise, basically along with about half of the posting gang, Qwerty was not in favour of 'No Death'. He decided to vote for the third person to vote for No Death, and plead the argument against voting for No Death.

Qwerty didn't really say anything much else. What we need to discern is what the Mafia would gain from killing Qwertysaur specifically. They could have killed anyone in town. Yet they decide to kill Qwerty. Understanding this is essential if we are going to decide who is likely to me a Mafia member.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Formy's post gives some great information. Enough for me to go

## Vote: Fynn

Articles
    Blog Entries

And your reasons, Nutty?

Let's look at what we know about the circumstances of his death also:

he was suddenly met with the eerie, unsettling smile of a girl. He instinctively realized the person before him was not his ally and drew his blade, but it was already too late; the girl started chanting and the next thing the man knew he was floating in the air unable to move, and before he could react any further he felt himself being ripped apart. But even that feeling left him only moments after, and he would never move ever again.
    The murderer in this instance is a female character. If we're telling the truth about who we are, then Fynn (Noctis), Formy (Kefka) and myself (Cid) can't be the killer. Although we could still be the accomplice of course.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

My vote for Fynn is simple that he was the first to push No Death. Also he went out of his way to say I'm Cosmo and we need to get those Chaos players. He wanted us to think Cosmo, and end the day quickly. May still change my vote if I see new evidence, but at the moment I have Fynn as a Chaos member. Not sure who the killer is though.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post

he was suddenly met with the eerie, unsettling smile of a girl. He instinctively realized the person before him was not his ally and drew his blade, but it was already too late; the girl started chanting and the next thing the man knew he was floating in the air unable to move, and before he could react any further he felt himself being ripped apart. But even that feeling left him only moments after, and he would never move ever again.
    The murderer in this instance is a female character. If we're telling the truth about who we are, then Fynn (Noctis), Formy (Kefka) and myself (Cid) can't be the killer. Although we could still be the accomplice of course.
    I have a question about these write-ups. They're fantastic Karifean, but when you mention the gender, or a hair colour or whatever: are they an accurate portrayal, or a sort of 'story' concept that we shouldn't take as gospel?

Just so we're aware when crafting theories. I've never played a game of Mafia when we've had detailed write-ups like this. I'm happy with them, I just need some clarification, thanks!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    I have a question about these write-ups. They're fantastic Karifean, but when you mention the gender, or a hair colour or whatever: are they an accurate portrayal, or a sort of 'story' concept that we shouldn't take as gospel?

Just so we're aware when crafting theories. I've never played a game of Mafia when we've had detailed write-ups like this. I'm happy with them, I just need some clarification, thanks!
    They are an accurate recounting of the events that transpired during the night.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

I will second the write-ups are great Karifean.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FFNut View Post
    My vote for Fynn is simple that he was the first to push No Death. Also he went out of his way to say I'm Cosmo and we need to get those Chaos players. He wanted us to think Cosmo, and end the day quickly. May still change my vote if I see new evidence, but at the moment I have Fynn as a Chaos member. Not sure who the killer is though.
    He was indeed the first person to push for No Death. Than in and of itself isn't enough for me to place strong suspicion on him. I'd like to hear Fynn's thoughts before deciding one way or another.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Re-reading everything I am now convinced Fynn is a Cosmos player. So I will change my vote before long. Just don't know what to change it to yet.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Karifean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Wait our "identity"? are we getting unique accounts?
    No that wasn't the idea, you just each have a Final Fantasy character assigned to you. You are free to roleplay them or not, whichever you prefer, but more importantly to the gameplay your identity determines your appearance and the like and can be used to pinpoint you during narrative writeups. So there is both interest in keeping it secret and revealing it, and you may also be able to pinpoint other players in the writeups by process of elimination if many players are open about it.

Meanwhile...

Cosmos gathers their power and summons a new ally to their side.

The White Wizard of Fynn!

Chaos looks at this from afar and laughs, as if looking at a naive child putting too much trust in their supposed 'allies'.

(Oh yeah in case it wasn't clear, Fynn joins the game)
    Why I think Fynn is Cosmos team. We were basically told so.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Okay, thanks Karifean. With that knowledge then, what Fox said is broadly accurate. I'd be interesting to ask what people's persona are. I know it isn't obligatory, and people could be lying, but if everyone voices who they are, we might learn something.

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post

I think that's a fair assessment to make given the wording of the post. However there is still definitely the possibility that someone will lie. Having said that, I don't believe that Fynn or Formy are being deceitful as their character claims are too brazen and easily counter-claimable.

I will reveal my character as Garnet. I understand this could potentially put a target on my back, but I'm willing to do so for the sake of transparency.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Articles
    Blog Entries

No that wasn't the idea, you just each have a Final Fantasy character assigned to you. You are free to roleplay them or not, whichever you prefer, but more importantly to the gameplay your identity determines your appearance and the like and can be used to pinpoint you during narrative writeups. So there is both interest in keeping it secret and revealing it, and you may also be able to pinpoint other players in the writeups by process of elimination if many players are open about it.

Meanwhile...

Chaos looks at this from afar and laughs, as if looking at a naive child putting too much trust in their supposed 'allies'.

Eh, that's probably just an example. It would rather give the game away wouldn't it? I'd wait for Karifean to confirm, but as far as I'm concerned, any post before the official opener post is to be disregarded.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post

Meanwhile...

Eh, that's probably just an example. It would rather give the game away wouldn't it? I'd wait for Karifean to confirm, but as far as I'm concerned, any post before the official opener post is to be disregarded.
    That post was made quite a while before identities, roles and alignments were even distributed. >_>