Page 1 of 30 12345671121 ... LastLast

Thread: EoFF Mafia Dissidia

Articles
    Blog Entries

Eureka! EoFF Mafia Dissidia

You find yourself in the world between worlds, where heroic and chaotic spirits meet to battle in the eternal conflict of Cosmos and Chaos. However, this particular battle may be slightly different from what you are used to. Chaos has shifted their strategy; instead of sending their forces to a full frontal assault on Cosmos, the spirits of Chaos have infiltrated the forces of Cosmos, causing seeds of distrust and discord to spread among former allies who no longer know whom to trust. Simple love and friendship won't solve matters this time; naively trusting the people next to you could very well spell your own doom.

Welcome to Mafia Dissidia. The Final Fantasy battle of wits.

Participants

The participants in the game will be these 'innocent' souls:

• FFNut
    • Scruffington
    • Formalhaut
    • Freya
    • qwertysaur
    • Aerith's Knight
    • Shauna
    • Fox
    • Fynn

Give it your best, warriors of harmony and discord, Cosmos and Chaos have high expectations of you.

(If you are not on this list but are still interested in joining the game you can send me a private message so long as the game has not officially started yet.)

Setup

As soon as the game begins participants will receive a Mognet Message from me detailing their Identity, their Role and their Alignment. The identity allows one to identify themselves or other people through the narrative. The role is what determines one's special abilities during the game. And finally, the alignment - Warrior of Harmony or Warrior of Discord - decides what your goal is in this game.

Cosmos-aligned players must wipe out all Chaos-aligned players.

Chaos-aligned players must wipe out enough Cosmos-aligned players so that the number of Chaos-aligned players is equal to or higher than the number of Cosmos-aligned players.

Normally I would be more ambiguous as to the number of Chaos-aligned players, but to slightly experienced players it should be relatively obvious that the only plausible number is 2. These two Chaos-aligned players know who the other is and have the unique ability of communicating about the game with one another outside of this topic which the Cosmos-aligned players are not permitted to do under any circumstances. I would ask that the Chaos-aligned players set up a channel through which their communication also goes through me (because I'm interested in seeing what they talk about =P) but in the interest of simplicity they may pick any means of communication they wish, if the alternative would make things needlessly complicated.

As for Identities, identities may be any human playable character or villain from a mainline Final Fantasy game from IV to XV; there's not many limitations there.

Here is a list of roles as well as their abilities

Murderer
    A Chaos-aligned role. Can kill someone every night. The chosen player is eliminated from the game unless protected by the Protector in the same night. The murderer cannot kill themselves.

Roleblocker
    A Chaos-aligned role (in this game at least). Can block the ability of another player every night. Whatever night action the chosen player may have decided to do, it will not go through.

Lackey
    A Chaos-aligned role. Can kill someone every night, but only one Lackey may perform a kill per night. If multiple Lackeys decide to do a kill they will all fail, so make sure to communicate. One Lackey being eliminated does not hamper the other Lackeys' ability to kill.

Detective
    A Cosmos-aligned role. Can choose someone every night to investigate. The Detective will then be privately informed of the chosen player's alignment.

Protector
    A Cosmos-aligned role. Can choose someone every night to protect. The chosen player is immune to being killed by the Murderer or Lackeys for this single night. The same player may be chosen repeatedly, but the Protector cannot protect themselves.

Switcher
    Appears on either alignment. Can choose two people every night to switch. Night actions targeting one will target the other instead, and vice versa.

Identifier
    Appears on either alignment. Can choose someone every night to investigate. The Identifier will then be privately informed of the chosen player's identity. They will not be informed of their role or ability.

Tracker
    Appears on either alignment. Can choose someone every night to track. The Tracker will then be privately informed of who the chosen player used their ability on that night (if anyone). They will not be informed of anything but the chosen player's username.

Watcher
    Appears on either alignment. Can choose someone every night to watch. The Watcher will then be privately informed of who used an ability on the chosen player that night. They will not be informed of anything but those players' usernames.

Vanilla
    Appears on either alignment. Has no special abilities.

Unless specified otherwise you cannot target yourself with your ability. If you end up targeting yourself anyways due to the Switcher switching you and your intended target, your ability will simply fail.

And what roles will be in this game?

The Chaos side will definitely consist of either one Murderer and a supplementary role or two Lackeys. The supplementary role may be the Roleblocker, but it may also be any of the other 'either alignment' roles in the game.

The Cosmos side will definitely consist of at least a Detective, a Protector and one Vanilla player. The other Cosmos-aligned players may be any role that is not explicitly Chaos-aligned, including more Vanilla players.

And in case anyone is thinking what I expect them to, I will say this upfront.

I guarantee that identities, roles and alignments are randomly assigned, there is no causal link between any of them.

A player with the Kuja identity might end up being a Cosmos-aligned Protector, or he might be a Chaos-aligned Lackey. Both are very much possible.

When a player is eliminated, their identity and alignment is openly revealed but their ability is not. You'll have to deduce what abilities remain in the game by yourselves.

Game Progression

The game is divided into Daytime Phases and Nighttime Phases which alternate, starting with a Daytime Phase.

During daytime phases, all players may vote for a player to be lynched (eliminated from the game). Please state votes clearly, in their own paragraph, like this:

##Vote: Karifean

If you wish to retract your vote you may also change your vote to "No Vote". And finally, you may also vote for "No Death", meaning you vote for nobody to get lynched this daytime phase.

Daytime Phases have a general time limit of 48 hours. However the phase may end early - if at any point during the daytime phase there is an absolute majority of votes for a player (or No Death), the vote is locked down instantly (even if I happen to be offline at the time), votes cannot be changed anymore, and the decision is final.

As a Daytime Phase ends, the Nighttime Phase begins, lasting 24 hours. During this phase players may still post in this topic like normal, but more importantly, all non-Vanilla players may perform their night action. Night actions are all resolved at the same time at the end of the Nighttime Phase, so when you inform me of your action has no bearing on the game.

Please inform me of your night actions via Mognet Message, with your action stated clearly in its own paragraph, like this:

##Kill: LoonyBoB

After Nighttime Phase ends, a writeup will be posted giving a vague impression of what took place

Additional Rules

In the interest of fair play, it's forbidden to quote or take screenshots directly from Mognet Messages from the Game Master (me). The only exception to this is your Identity, which you may quote but not make a screenshot of. So this is fair game:

Quote Originally Posted by Kari-chan
    You are Ramza, Cosmos-aligned Underappreciated Protagonist.
    But of course a message like this is easy to fake, and faking these claims is obviously fair game as well

Live Chaos-aligned players have no restrictions on their private communication, however it is forbidden for Cosmos-aligned players to discuss the game with other players outside of this topic. Likewise, it is forbidden for eliminated players to post in this topic or disclose information about the game to any remaining living player.

Do not edit or delete posts. Anything you've said you cannot take back, and it would be unfair if players missed out on information just because they came in late. On the other hand, double-posting is perfectly fine.

Breaking any of the game's rules will get you modkilled, i.e. eliminated instantly. Breaking any of the game's rules for strategic purposes will have your entire team lose immediately. You just don't do that, 'kay?

Finally, if you happen to be absent for several phases in a row, you may also be eliminated. If you know ahead of time you can't participate in the game for a while, make sure to inform me beforehand and we might be able to figure something out.

Further Questions

If anything regarding the game itself is unclear to you, don't hestitate to ask in this topic. I'm here to answer any questions you may have. If your question regards private information about your identity/role/alignment/whatever, you can also of course send me a Mognet message. Also if your question is not directly relevant to everyone else in this game, I'd also like it if you messaged me directly, to keep this topic as free of clutter as possible.

If anyone else still feels like joining the game at this stage I'm certainly open to allowing you to do so since while it means more work and re-setting up for me it also means more players which is yay ^_^

And with that, I bid you good luck. Character Information will be sent out as soon as I have it all figured out (which will still take a bit of time).

Current Game Status

Game Over - Chaos Victory

Winners (Chaos)
    Scruffington - Garnet, Chaos-aligned Determined Princess
    Fynn - Noctis, Chaos-aligned Beloved Prince

Losers (Cosmos)
    qwertysaur - Died on the First Twilight - Seifer, Cosmos-aligned Proud Hero
    Shauna - Died on the Second Daylight - Shadow, Cosmos-aligned Tormented Wanderer
    Freya - Died on the Second Twilight - Cecil, Cosmos-aligned Redeemed Knight
    FFNut - Died on the Third Daylight - Lenna, Cosmos-aligned Inspiring Leader
    Aerith's Knight - Died on the Third Twilight - Faris, Cosmos-aligned Royal Pirate
    Fox - Missing on the Third Twilight - Cid, Cosmos-aligned Shapeshifting Enigma
    Formalhaut - Missing on the Third Twilight - Kefka, Cosmos-aligned Lunatic Mage
    Last edited by Karifean; 01-13-2017 at 02:36 PM.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Wait our "identity"? are we getting unique accounts?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Wait our "identity"? are we getting unique accounts?
    No that wasn't the idea, you just each have a Final Fantasy character assigned to you. You are free to roleplay them or not, whichever you prefer, but more importantly to the gameplay your identity determines your appearance and the like and can be used to pinpoint you during narrative writeups. So there is both interest in keeping it secret and revealing it, and you may also be able to pinpoint other players in the writeups by process of elimination if many players are open about it.

Meanwhile...

Cosmos gathers their power and summons a new ally to their side.

The White Wizard of Fynn!

Chaos looks at this from afar and laughs, as if looking at a naive child putting too much trust in their supposed 'allies'.

(Oh yeah in case it wasn't clear, Fynn joins the game)

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Sorry for the double post, but I have one question - I get that the alignments and roles are randomly assigned, but can we choose identities, or are those randomly assigned to us as well?

Articles
    Blog Entries

They're randomly assigned as well =P

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Protip Karifean, have players vote like this:

##Vote: slowpoke

Makes finding votes much easier.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Nine people could be seen gathered in the parlor of a mansion. The atmosphere was tense as each of them looked around. The people around them were once comrades they had fought alongside, or some of them even enemies they had once faced in a fierce battle. And yet, they had all felt it. When they came to this world between worlds, they had felt their minds being invaded by an unknown force, as if to rip out who they once were and replace it with something else entirely. Even after so many cycles, all of a sudden, they felt as if they could trust no one. As if the people they'd used to consider allies were suddenly strangers they'd never met before. And then they found themselves here, in this mansion separated from their world, without any memory as to how they'd ended up there.

On the table there was a letter that had been read out loud earlier. Its contents were as follows.

Greetings, my brave warriors.

I apologize for isolating you in this place, but the situation is dire. It has become apparent that Chaos was not gathering his forces for an all-out attack after all; instead, he has sent spies to infiltrate us. Thanks to our divinations, we know that out of the nine of you, seven are our allies but two are agents of Chaos. It would be far too dangerous to leave these agents on the loose, so we had to confine all of you to a closed space. And now I entrust you, my warriors, with the task of figuring out who the traitors among us really are.

My dear warriors, do not lose heart. I am certain that if you believe in one another, you will be able to find the traitors in your midst. I trust that you are able to overcome this. Never give up, and never stop thinking.

- Cosmos
    Everyone looks at the other people around them. Some eyes are filled with determination, others with caution, others yet with amusement. Some are slightly disappointed that their goddess cannot trust them, others are eager to live up to her expectations. They all knew what god they served, and they would surely finish the task entrusted to them.

On a higher plane of existence, a man in purple clothes with short red hair can be seen sitting down with a smirk, talking to nine other people. "Nothing like a good letter to open a murder mystery." The man stretches and then announces in a loud voice, "The board is finally set up; The rules of the game have been put out in the open and each of you has been assigned one of the pieces. I will make sure this game goes smoothly. Good luck and have fun."

Daylight Phase 1

You have 48 hours to decide on a player to lynch (or decide on not lynching anyone at all).

There are 9 players remaining, so the majority lockdown is at 5 votes. If any player or No Death receives 5 votes, the vote is instantly locked down and Daylight Phase ends prematurely. If there is no majority lockdown, at the end of the day the person with the most votes is eliminated. If there are multiple players with the most votes I get to flip a coin or roll a die.

Have fun!

Hey everyone. Gl hf.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Gl hf yourself.

Looks like we're in for quite the ordeal, huh. Let's just weed out the traitors and lose a bunch of people along the way? Sorry, don't think I can get behind that.

##Vote: No Death

Let us do battle with honour, or at least the superficial appearance of honour.

Articles
    Blog Entries

And I'll just take this moment to remind everyone, once and for all, to please double-post instead of editing posts. Thank you~

Post editing sure sounds like something an agent of Chaos would do...