Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Don't expect FFVII Remake or Kingdom Hearts 3 any time soon

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Uhhh you guys are just being butts. The thing being released for FFVII isn't a trailer, have a little faith. The OP already told us what it was going to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aulayna View Post
    exhibiting a Final Fantasy VII snow sculpture at the Sapporo Snow Festival in February

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    There will be something with Final Fantasy VII this year nonetheless for the Anniversary. He already announced it last year.
    Looking forward to the new trailer!
    Nay, the announcement of the trailer!
    How about a teaser trailer for the announcement of the trailer?

And golly, do I love snow sculptures! Just like any FF fan, I'm sure, I also like to partake in snow sculpting now and again.

Remember when we got Final Fantasy VII, VIII, IX, X and XI all within six years?

Those were good times.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

IX, X, and XI were actually all announced at around the same time

Tbh, I really wish XVI has been secretly worked on for years and will be released at a really reasonable stage of its development. And that Ito is directing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    IX, X, and XI were actually all announced at around the same time
    That's true. It's just depressing how slow Square Enix is with developing games these days.

The counter-argument is that a company like Nintendo takes 4-6 years to make a new Zelda game, and they are all spectacular. In a lot of cases a game that takes awhile to make will turn out to be pretty good.

I also hope that SE has had another team working on the next main FF game. A lot of the big names are tied up with FF7R and KH3, so I wouldn't be surprised if that weren't the case.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Uhhh you guys are just being butts. The thing being released for FFVII isn't a trailer, have a little faith. The OP already told us what it was going to be.
    exhibiting a Final Fantasy VII snow sculpture at the Sapporo Snow Festival in February
    Uh oh. Last time a snow sculpture was a point of focus around here someone got banned. [/obscure reference]

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Barret's "gun arm".

I feel really bad for the KH series fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Tbh, I really wish XVI has been secretly worked on for years and will be released at a really reasonable stage of its development. And that Ito is directing it.
    ^This should be taking place more often truth be told. Unless some type of miracle takes place, I am going to safely assume that the development of a single player FF mainline game is going to be at least 5 years, if it isn't some type of direct sequel. Hell, the PS4 Pro may not even hold up long enough for XVI to finish and may get pushed to the next gen.

Quote Originally Posted by Scruffington View Post
    It's not so much that Square is slow developing games, but more that game development has become more complex since the PS1 days. FF isn't the only franchise that has had to deal with that. More complex games typically lead to longer debugging and fixing periods.
    "I'm seeing it clearer/Hating the picture in the mirror/They claim we inferior/So why the f**k these devils fear ya?/I'm watching my nation die genocide the cause/Expect a blood bath/The aftermath is y'alls/I told ya last album, we need help cause we dying/Give us a chance, help us advance cause we trying/Ignore my whole plea, watching us in disgust/And then they beg when my guns bust/They don't give a f**k about us" 2pac ft. Outlawz- "They Don't Give a F**k About Us"

Articles
    Blog Entries

Can't wait to view that snow sculpture in Sap- oh wait that's in Japan no I can't.

There's just no consistency. Other game companies who release quality games may take them 4 years, but we know they aren't going to change the goal posts. And they certainly wouldn't announce it at concept. It's just frustrating seeing Square Enix release trailer after trailer after announcement of a trailer.

The other super annoying thing about announcing at concept is how much then ends up changing by final release. When you show a trailer that early, you haven't had people actually... you know... playing the game for very long. They've had no chance to say "this is awful," "this doesn't work how we expected," "this is gonna cause us loads of bugs." That's all very normal stuff in gamedev but you usually only show off your product once you've fixed all of that so you don't end up with something miles different from what you announced.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Yeah I really do think SE just announce stuff way too early these days. Like most other companies seem to hold off making an announcement until they're only 1 to 2 years out from release. These days it feels like SE seems to make fancy CG trailers for something that's barely out of the concept phase.

(Also CG trailers aren't exactly cheap to make either...)

Yeah I really do think SE just announce stuff way too early these days. Like most other companies seem to hold off making an announcement until they're only 1 to 2 years out from release. These days it feels like SE seems to make fancy CG trailers for something that's barely out of the concept phase.

(Also CG trailers aren't exactly cheap to make either...)
    Nor are they speedy to make.

But, it seems that big, long, dozen hour CG trailers are what Square wants to make these days.

Maybe that's why development takes so long.

Remember when they used to make games?
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well, at least the Enid part keeps making consistently great games, if you know what I mean