• Former Editor

Default New HD II.8 Final Chapter Prologue Trailer

*eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Ugh they need to stop releasing trailers and just put the game out already.

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    Ugh they need to stop releasing trailers and just put the game out already.
    Square Enix...

Release game instead of trailers...

I... don't understand this concept

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I know, it's a crazed concept, but it might just pay off for them.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Damn, customization, fighting with Mickey? Fragmentary Passage might be longer than I thought. Could be up to 20hrs.

I love that remix of Simple and Clean. Let me download it Disney.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I just noticed, Mickey is using the Shooting Star Keyblade instead of the reverse Kingdom Key in one part of the footage.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

As he did throughout BbS. If that's footage from 0.2, it makes sense since he hadn't gotten the Kingdom Key-D yet. Maybe they'll actually show how he got it.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

It seems like they're putting an awful lot of effort into something so short. o__O

Does anyone else sense something different about Aqua? Namely, that she seems to have much better voice direction this time? No longer sounds bored with absolutely everything? The one negative I had against her in Birth By Sleep was the incredible monotone she carried through everything. That seems gone.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I can kinda see where Skyblade is coming from, but I don't think it was so bad. It only seems bad because the other two had more expressive voices.

Honestly, I was more perturbed by Terra's rather laconic reactions to events both unassuming and striking. I eventually got used to it, and it was eventually rather endearing.

...We get to play with more Aqua? She was the best part of Birth by Sleep! Hell yeah! (I only just finished it this morning. )

Spoilers ahead regarding Birth by Sleep.

(SPOILER)Though effectively, there is only one thing about the Kingdom Hearts plot that confuses me, and that is Terra. He lost his body to Xehonort, but this was before he became a Heartless and Nobody. The Heartless was destroyed at the end of Kingdom hearts 1, and considering the Nobodies have no Hearts, you would presume Terra was 'alive' inside the Heartless killed at the end of 1.

Clearly that was never meant to be the case as Birth By Sleep has set him up to play some kind of roll, plus his appearance in this trailer.

I am completely in the dark with Ideas on how they are going to explain this one. o_O

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

It was pretty much explained in BbS. His heart was merged with Xehanorts, and it was purely his will and anger that entered the armor. So the heart was part of the heartless, but not the sentient part.

As it can be seen in one of the final scenes of Birth by Sleep, Terra's consciousness was still partly linked to his body, therefore being able to co-exist in both the possessed body as well as the armor for awhile, it also fought with Xehanort in there, but Xehanort still was the dominant one on the surface, even after the memory loss. So not everything was kept within the armor alone. Still, with that, by the end of the day, Ansem was the by darkness engulfed Xehanort nonetheless and not Terra.

Also it is not true that Nobodies have no hearts. Xemnas himself explains it in Dream Drop Distance. Nobodies have a "leftover of the original heart" and the Nobody reproduces the missing rest. It was one of the many retcons from "we remember the feeling of having a heart" to this. Just as Xehanort becoming a Heartless was retconned for his "Xehanort replication plan". Because originally he made himself a heartless "just to investigate darkness easier as he could approach it that way", this was amusingly made meaningless by adding the cloaks that protect from darkness and later with Xehanort's explained plan as, in his Ansem form he used the bootstrap paradox to tell his past self to tell what should happen, teach the time manipulation, et cetera.
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 01-10-2017 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    It was pretty much explained in BbS. His heart was merged with Xehanorts, and it was purely his will and anger that entered the armor. So the heart was part of the heartless, but not the sentient part.
    ....So if he was part of the Heartless, shouldn't he theoretically be kind of dead? I mean the heartless was killed at the end of the first game. How exactly is Terra going to be involved at all? Or was the portion of heart left behind in the Nobody (Since apparently that happens, I've yet to actually play 3D) the part that contained Terra's Heart? I mean considering the chat Aqua has in Blank Space with Xehonort, I guess that kind of makes sense?