Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Default Don't expect FFVII Remake or Kingdom Hearts 3 any time soon

This is Nomura we're talking about after all.

http://www.novacrystallis.com/2017/0...till-ways-off/

Final Fantasy VII Remake and Kindgdom Hearts III are featured somewhat in this week’s issue of Famitsu. In an interview with director Tetsuya Nomura, fans are given a short development update on the two long-awaited titles.

“The release of these titles will still be a while,” he told the magazine. Nomura also apologized for the wait and for a recent lack of information, but promised to make up for it with high quality games and by releasing and by revealing surprises about this coming year.

This year is the 15th anniversary of Kingdom Hearts, the 20th anniversary of Final Fantasy VII, and the 30th anniversary of Final Fantasy, so what can we expect?
    “First, we’re releasing Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8: Final Chapter Prologue in January, then exhibiting a Final Fantasy VII snow sculpture at the Sapporo Snow Festival in February, releasing Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 Remix in March, and starting the Kingdom Hearts orchestra world tour. We may be able to do something for the D23 Disney event. We’re also preparing for the start of Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ Season 2.”

Will you release a complete package including Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 Remix and Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8: Final Chapter Prologue?
    “Because the timing is delicate, we won’t be releasing anything like a complete pack this time, but we’re preparing a box that can hold both games, as is often the case with DVDs. Perhaps we can offer it as an e-Store bonus.”

What’s the state of Kingdom Hearts III‘s development?
    “While I can’t make a sweeping statement because the development process is different from what we’ve done so far, there are still worlds untouched. Production is progressing on unannounced worlds, in a state that we cannot show them off. In terms of the state of development, there is still some way to go.”

What’s the state of Final Fantasy VII Remake‘s development?
    “We’re steadily progressing on production. While we are making them, I apologize that the wait will be be a bit longer for Kingdom Hearts III and Final Fantasy VII Remake. I am very sorry, but to that degree I will make a game that will meet your expectations.
    “Last year, I didn’t put out much information on either title, but this year I want to show our progress at an event somewhere. The release of the titles themselves have still have a way to go. But there are many titles releasing this year, if you can wait for any ‘surprises.’”

Not a surprise, but still a disappointment.
    SE takes far too long to put out games these days. They definitely have some management problems.

KH3 is almost certainly a 2018 title at this point, while FF7R is...well, I honestly have no idea when it will come out. Yikes.

I really don't think Square Enix should keep Nomura as a director outside of Kingdom Hearts.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

My dream is for Tetsuya Takahashi to reunite with Square and remake Final Fantasy VII along with Xenogears. That'll never happen though. And this game's first part will never release... at least not many years from now.

So basically, both of these games have another 6 years in development before Tabata takes over and starts from scratch again?

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    So basically, both of these games have another 6 years in development before Tabata takes over and starts from scratch again?
    Ding ding ding!

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

That sucks, but I'm not surprised.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

This is getting old. KHIII was announced like 4 years ago and we might not get it until 2019 and the same for VII.
    Why they keep announcing trout so early?

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Square get more pleasure out of announcing games than actually making them.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Okay

Someone at SE should really start an intervention for Nomura. Because this is smurfing ridiculous.

At this point, I am boycotting the FFVII Remake. Good riddance, honestly, since my interest in it has been minimal at best since it was annoucned. And I don't have a PS4 yet anyway, so I can wait for KH3 some more.

But by God, please let someone responsible - someone who won't announce a game at a conceptual stage again - be in charge of FFXVI. Please.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

I still stand by my original - slightly sarcastic - comment that we'll probably see FFVII Remake release closer to the 30th Anniversary of the original game than the 20th.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

FFVII is pretty obviously a reskin of FFXV anyway!

There will be something with Final Fantasy VII this year nonetheless for the Anniversary. He already announced it last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    There will be something with Final Fantasy VII this year nonetheless for the Anniversary. He already announced it last year.
    Looking forward to the new trailer!

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Looking forward to the new trailer!
    Nay, the announcement of the trailer!