Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: FFIX Mafia - Discussion thread

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

We will avenge both you and Mr. Carny day 2! This I will do my best to do.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Still Eiko, Quina and Vivi. Where's Zidane and Steiner, I wonder?

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Don't worry on that account, inactive players will be replaced. If anyone does want to replace in then do let me know!

I think we need more rigid and clearly defined time limits. At the moment some players aren't active and those who are don't want to make any guesses or vote to lynch someone because they have no information and the only thing any action does is make them look suspicious. I want to go to bed shortly but I dunno if the phase will still be going when I wake up, so I'll probably just cast a random vote and hope that it doesn't bite me while I'm sleeping.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

I agree with Fox. At the moment we are at a random vote phase.

Articles

I hear you! Day 2 will last 24 hours, so don't worry about going to bed anybody! If I do any replacements we may extend the day to give the newcomer/s a chance so we'll be past the weekend but hey ho. Hopefully it won't come to that.

Articles
    Blog Entries

The discussion is kinda reaching an impasse. There's only so much discussion as one can squeeze out.

I really don't think it's cool that a host decides to implement or enforce rules on a whim.

Day Phase 1 came to an end after the host randomly felt like setting a time limit of 12 hours after previously stating that there was no real limit. I was only given less than 8 hours for Night Phase 1 (of which there was no indication how long it would last), and now Day 2 has a time limit of 24 hours.

I also got booted from the game without any forewarning. This game has absolutely no consistency.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Articles

I did PM you about this but perhaps you haven't seen it.

I thought I had made it clear that I was looking to host a short, weekend game, and I've also made it clear that time limits would be variable depending on the flow of the game. If I hadn't made that clear and you didn't know what you were signing up for, I am sorry.

Before I replaced you, I was watching you because I was desperate for you to participate. I had watched out for you all day and had even checked your post history to see when you'd be likely to be online. You were online, viewed the threads several times, but did not post. After several hours of that and having publicly mentioned I was considering replacements, I made the call.

If you didn't have time or were busy, that's cool. Mafia doesn't run anyone's life. But if someone is absent for a prolonged period it doesn't fit into quick intense experience I am going for either. In a longer game with more players I'd have just let it slide but in a short, small game like this, we can't really afford absences or long delays. I have a responsibility to all of the other players who have committed their time and energy - I don't want it to be ruined for them.

I apologised for this in the PM I sent you but I'm more than happy to do this again. I'm sorry that the experience didn't match your expectations and that it's sucked for you. I hope there are no hard feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    I did PM you about this but perhaps you haven't seen it.

I thought I had made it clear that I was looking to host a short, weekend game, and I've also made it clear that time limits would be variable depending on the flow of the game. If I hadn't made that clear and you didn't know what you were signing up for, I am sorry.

Before I replaced you, I was watching you because I was desperate for you to participate. I had watched out for you all day and had even checked your post history to see when you'd be likely to be online. You were online, viewed the threads several times, but did not post. After several hours of that and having publicly mentioned I was considering replacements, I made the call.

If you didn't have time or were busy, that's cool. Mafia doesn't run anyone's life. But if someone is absent for a prolonged period it doesn't fit into quick intense experience I am going for either. In a longer game with more players I'd have just let it slide but in a short, small game like this, we can't really afford absences or long delays. I have a responsibility to all of the other players who have committed their time and energy - I don't want it to be ruined for them.

I apologised for this in the PM I sent you but I'm more than happy to do this again. I'm sorry that the experience didn't match your expectations and that it's sucked for you. I hope there are no hard feelings.
    The sign-up thread had no indication that it was a "weekend" or "short" game. It was only shown to be a smaller game since there was a 7 player limit.

I was actually the one driving -- or attempting to drive -- the discussion in Day 1. Most players were inactive ASIDE from me, but I still attempted to create conversation as best as I could. I decided to go to bed really late before the Day Phase ended since no one else was posting, and as it turns out, the Night Phase both started and ended before I even woke up. I never actually checked the Mafia thread until I had already been kicked.

To you, a "long absence" was literally 5 hours of not posting. This is despite the fact that several other players were "absent" for far longer than I was during the first day.

I don't have anything against you, haha. Or anyone for that matter. Mafia is just a game and it's intended to be a fun/thought provoking experience for everyone. I'm just kind of annoyed at the lack of information regarding rules, inconsistency, and seeming double-standard of "absence."

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Snap, Day Two is heating up now!

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    I think you mean to say its getting fun.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Steiner View Post
    You're not an EoFFer!

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Steiner View Post
    You're not an EoFFer!
    Love you too Formy <3