Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 48910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: FFIX Mafia - Discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    Well played, Mafia. But god damn. Quina didn't particularly set off many red flags. I laid out all my thinking. I'm trying to figure out where I went wrong.
    I think the theatrics with Karifean made it all possible. Before he claimed cop, things looked to be turning against both of us slightly. So when he decided to claim cop and out me as Mafia, I had an opportunity to get onto your good side. By killing off the fake cop who proved to be Mafia, that should have put me quite low on the suspect list. After he accused me, either people would believe him and I would die (in which case Eiko looks like the fake cop), or people wouldn't and he would die (in which case I look super innocent).

It seemed obvious that one of us was likely to die anyway, so we tried to make the most of it.

Your other mistake was just luck of the draw; you had already said you were suspicious of Steiner. I figured you were likely to investigate either him because of those suspicions, or me because you'd tried to investigate me before but been blocked. If you chose me it was game over, as you were basically confirmed the true cop, or if you'd investigated Vivi, killing Steiner would have been in vain. But I got lucky!

BY THE WAY KARIFEAN:

Good work sir. Good work! I did not think we could pull that off. Thank you for your hard work and for trusting me to get us over the line xD

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

When no one was talking Fynn being Vanillia, me too I knew he had a night move. I honestly thought Scruff was Zidane and I knew he was in and not posting. Despite for info suspicious of Zidane I let my theories out of my head. That's the worst part of no night moves is when you wait and are in game mode I anyway tunnel in on one thing and think endlessly about how and why.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    BY THE WAY KARIFEAN:

Good work sir. Good work! I did not think we could pull that off. Thank you for your hard work and for trusting me to get us over the line xD
    Good work! You were a great partner Thanks for adapting to my, uh, sudden change in strategy I kind of didn't really discuss with you beforehand, heh

Articles
    Blog Entries

I had literally no luck the entire game. My Day One investigation (Quina) was blocked. My Day Two investigation was rendered irrelevant.

For a detective, I'm pretty smurfing clueless, weren't I?

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

I honestly when I voted Zidane thought ahhh we all vote Steiner next and we have a town win. Well played Mafia, both of you were brilliant.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Good to know I'm single-handedly balancing that old "at EoFF Town tends to win more often" statistic.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

I have been a crucial Lynch for Mafia twice Formy. Don't worry about it much.

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    I had literally no luck the entire game. My Day One investigation (Quina) was blocked. My Day Two investigation was rendered irrelevant.

For a detective, I'm pretty smurfing clueless, weren't I?
    Yeah you really were unlucky! I take some of the credit for day 2 because I was playing the probabilities, but day 1 the roleblock was completely random. And it just so happened that it prevented you, the person who was key to the major events of day 2, discovering that I was mafia there and then.

Articles
    Blog Entries

My only consolation is that taken objectively, Vivi was the logical lynch. But I can't help but think I've missed something. Surely something obvious pointed to Quina being more suspicious than Vivi? But I can't think of anything at all.

Ugh. I hate playing Town. There's never any reward.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

I was more obvious because I had to be more vocal in order to get anything. They both knew who was who, but I had to work for it. It gives them the advantage of not needing to push people for information what we both needed to do. We have to put our head out there and on the chopping block to get what we need to make an informed decision.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Yeah, I hear you. Ugh. Sorry Nutty!

Articles
    Blog Entries

But seriously. I just want to win something. I've not had a win in anything for a long time.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Ahh we will get them the next time. The odds increase each time we play as we get better at the game.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Game 1: Total loss.

Game 2: Lynch one. Then total loss.

Game 3: Profit?

Hardly seems likely if I roll Town again, I'm afraid.