Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: FFIX Mafia Game Thread - Day 3 - The Final Day

Here's the current Vote Tally:

Quina: 1/3 (Zidane)

Zidane: 1/3 (Eiko)

(Quina, Steiner and Vivi yet to vote)

I'd like a time check by Psy, if that's alright. We have what, 2 hours remaining?

We have just over 3 hours left.

I would like to hear Quina's thoughts, to be honest. Quina was very active in Day One and the beginning of Day Two. I think Quina might be busy IRL, which would be a shame just as the Day started getting frightfully interesting.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Steiner View Post
    We have just over 3 hours left.
    Yes indeed.

The main thing about Quina looking back at day 1 again is s/he was really focused on not dying. That is something that I'm having trouble looking past.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Steiner View Post
    The main thing about Quina looking back at day 1 again is s/he was really focused on not dying. That is something that I'm having trouble looking past.
    Can I just say you make some really strange comments, Steiner. Is that so strange, not wanting to be killed off? I think pretty much every player in Mafia would try and not be killed.

You make similar comments about Vivi:

I am leaning towards Vivi being likely as scum right now. A lot of his posts today are very off putting. He wants us to speculate on things like what the mafia are thinking of and what happened at night.
    Is wanting to speculate on what mafia might be thinking and what happened during the night phase so sinister?

Sorry folks, I was hoping to get on a couple of hours ago but my dad called then I had to get to the shop before it closed! I'll catch up with the thread in a few minutes, looks like I missed a bunch!

WOW.

OK, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Zidane
    And lo and behold, Quina is Mafia-aligned.
    As I'm sure you all expected: I refute this. I'm innocent, therefore you can't be the cop, therefore you must be mafia. Absolutely 100%.

Also: there is no way both Zidane and Eiko can be town cops. Therefore one of them is mafia - I would find it very suspicious to not vote for one of them. I'm definitely going for Zidane, obviously, because he is directly accusing me of being Mafia. But even if he had accused someone else I would probably vote Zidane because of the way he times his claim. As soon as he knew Eiko was gonna vote for him and had a case made against him, he pulled out the "actually I'm a cop!" routine to try and discredit Eiko. It felt like a complete overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Steiner
    looking back at day 1 again is s/he was really focused on not dying.
    Um... guilty as charged??

I make no apologies for not wanting to die. Town or mafia, I wanna live!

​##Vote: Zidane

I am on the fence still on who to vote. I have been waiting for Steiner to vote as I think he is Mafia and would show who is who. Quina and Zidane I have as equal. However I do trust Eiko. Need a few more minutes to read through all the information.

If Steiner votes Quina, you could say that Steiner was Mafia.

If Steiner votes Zidane, you could say that he was bussing his other Mafia partner to make him look less suspicious.

Steiner's votes can be read in two different ways, which... doesn't really help, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Vivi View Post
    I am on the fence still on who to vote. I have been waiting for Steiner to vote as I think he is Mafia and would show who is who. Quina and Zidane I have as equal. However I do trust Eiko. Need a few more minutes to read through all the information.
    You trust Eiko...

Eiko says 100% it is Zidane.

Me and Zidane are still equal? o.O

After re-reading everything it was a point Quina made that made up my mind for the locked in vote. I was suspicious of Zidane, and the I'm the cop really had me thinking. It is the obvious timing of it that Quina pointed out that has me not convinced of Quinn's innocence, but Zidane's guilt. There was no reason to claim cop at that point. It was a direct finger point which I who was on the fence shamefully fell for right away. Sorry Quina.

##Vote: Zidane

That is 3 votes. Ohh I hope I am not left with egg on my face for trusting Eiko.

Articles

"I'm the cop!" boasted Zidane, swaggering into town. "And he..." he fumbled "she...?" before deciding upon "It!" with a triumphant finger pointed at Quina, "It is guilty! Trust me, I'm the law!"

The rest of the town stood with their mouths agape. How can a no good monkey tailed thief rise to the rank of police officer in this town? They prepared the gallows. Zidane gulped. "It was the frog!" he insisted. "I'm telling you all, it was the frog!"

As it turns out, Zidane was a Mafia Roleblocker played by the devious and sneaky Karifean! Well done town. Night actions if you please!

Articles

Eiko strutted her stuff back home. She had been instrumental in the downfall of a rotten murderer, and felt good about the upcoming Day 3.

But then... a sudden chill took a hold of her. What if... what if there were reprisals? The mafia weren't finished. There was still an evil one among them. Surely after she had clashed so forcefully with Zidane that the mafia would make her their number one target?

She gulped. And then... a loud clanking broke the silence. Oh no. Oh no no no. It must be Steiner. The metallic stomping of that old rusty knight! He must be coming for her! After that, silence. Still, Eiko did not sleep. He may come for her at any time.

In the morning, she learned that the ominous clanking she had heard was not the sound of a murderer. No, it was the desperate struggle of a victim.

Steiner was a Doctor played firstly by Scruffington and then qwertysaur.

Day 3 begins now. Three of you remain. One mafia, two town. There is no time limit - the day can only end when one of you has two votes. Let's do this.

Well, okay fine, I was HALF right with my theory.

I investigated Steiner, and he also turned out to be innocent.

Well, that leaves either Quina or Vivi. This is very interesting indeed.