Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: FFIX Mafia Game Thread - Day 3 - The Final Day

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Beatrix View Post
    Except at this point we have nothing to go on. Might as well shoot blindly, hoping we can avenge our fallen comrade.

So far every argument he's used was an appeal to emotion. Nothing convinces me he's not mafia.
    What else can Kuja use? We've literally just started the game. And while he's appealing to emotion, aren't you also appealing to emotion as well, namely that of revenge? Some people have barely had any time to make any form of statement yet. A few have only posted once, and that was just to announce they're here.

As we know from arguments made in previous games, shooting blindly is more likely to hit a stray Town than a Mafia. The probability reveals it all.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Eiko View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Steiner View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Kuja View Post
    Quick to gang up on me, aren't they? Quite suspicious, I'd say. Bear in mind that I'm already halfway to being lynched.
    Nothing suspicious about voting for a mafia.
    What's your reason? Besides 'he's the villain'?
    Sorry, didn't realize my vote read "Eiko."

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Eiko View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Beatrix View Post
    Except at this point we have nothing to go on. Might as well shoot blindly, hoping we can avenge our fallen comrade.

So far every argument he's used was an appeal to emotion. Nothing convinces me he's not mafia.
    What else can Kuja use? We've literally just started the game. And while he's appealing to emotion, aren't you also appealing to emotion as well, namely that of revenge? Some people have barely had any time to make any form of statement yet. A few have only posted once, and that was just to announce they're here.

As we know from arguments made in previous games, shooting blindly is more likely to hit a stray Town than a Mafia. The probability reveals it all.
    Yes, because lynching no one on the first day paid off so well the last time

I'm not saying we don't lynch someone, though. We could at least make an attempt at Day One conversation before concluding we don't know anything and stab blindly.

The end justifies the means.

My vote for Steiner was because he was the first one to vote for a lynch today. ...not exactly much of a reason but it's slightly less scattershot than completely random.

Heh, I believe old man Steiner over here was baiting for some interesting reactions. A good way to ward off the old "it's Day 1, we have nothing to talk about" argument.

I find Beatrix's reaction to it more curious... seems to me she was trying to get on Steiner's good side.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Quina View Post
    My vote for Steiner was because he was the first one to vote for a lynch today. ...not exactly much of a reason but it's slightly less scattershot than completely random.
    Who are you talking to?

Who are you talking to?
    Depends who's reading I guess?

We could at least make an attempt at Day One conversation
    It's "Making an attempt at Day One conversation"

I too have been waiting for people to discuss things and begin conversation. Don't want to jump an innocent on nothing. Lets not just kill to kill, but let's get a Mafia.

What is it you wish to discuss, then?

I say the time is to act, but I am willing to listen to what everyone have to say for themselves. I refuse to revoke my vote, however, as I think we shouldn't dally much longer.

As an Alexandrian knight, I... know Steiner. Perhaps my trust in him is misguided, considering he may no longer be the same person, but I have no other idea on who to vote for at this point. My guess that it's Kuja is as good as any.

Kuja: 2 Votes
    Steiner: 1 Vote

However Beatrix is acting suspicious really pushing for a quick lynch and jumping on to coat tails to do it.

##Vote: Beatrix

It just seems kind of weird that you would randomly try to justify your vote to seemingly no one.

It just seems kind of weird that you would randomly try to justify your vote to seemingly no one.
    Sorry, I don't get what's weird about what I said, it seemed topical when Eiko mentioned we shouldn't vote blindly. I guess it's to be expected though, when there's not much else to talk about.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Right, I reckon it's time to put a limit out there. You've all got 12 hours from this post until day 1 ends. Whoever has the most votes at this time will be lynched unless a majority is reached beforehand.