Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: FFIX Mafia Game Thread - Day 3 - The Final Day

I am noticing a lot of silence. Almost speaks louder than words.

That's true, but best not to place too much stock into absence just yet.

So my random thoughts on the events of the night. We first Lynch Beatrix who ended up being town.

Then the Mafia twist the knife so to speak by taking out Kuja who gave some suspicion towards some votes.

We need to talk so we can lynch a mafia today or they will win. The worst thing we can do is stay silent as we are giving them a easy win as they won't start the conversation.

Kuja had a total of three posts, only one of which was relevant to the game.

Steiner and Beatrix voted for him, which maybe could be seen as a bold mafia team move... but we know Beatrix was town, so it probably wasn't that.

My thoughts pull towards Zidane, and Eiko.

Eiko has tried to block conversation once now. See let's wait for others to log on.
    It just seems odd that we shouldn't start and let others catch up and add to it. I am only about 45% sure on Eiko though as that comment could have been innocent.

Zidane however I am way more sure of and that is coming from him not posting. I know it sounds odd but I am positive Zidane is played by Scruff. We were waiting on Scruff to play a night move earlier. A roll of the dice is what I think killed Kuja. There was no reason to kill Kuja. Scruff was also logged in after and never once posted in the thread here as Zidane, or in the discussion as him. It is the silence that makes me doubt him.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

You shouldn't try to speculate on identities behind the account publicly. They're there to be kept secret until death. Thank you!

Sorry I will keep it quiet. Do you wish for me to edit it out?

Sure, let's talk. Talking is very important, and this day has begun surprisingly leisurely.

I have a question for you, Vivi. You state that talking is very important (which it is). Why then, were you so quiet in Day One? You made according to my notes, you made only three posts that contributed to the conversation. Two of them was agreeing with existing opinion, the other to vote for Beatrix.

Talking about inaction, Zidane has been quiet. He made even less posts than you. both were about Beatrix. He hasn't posted yet today, but there's still time.

Not sure about Steiner. I'm currently happy to entertain the notion that he was baiting Kuja into saying something, but there's a barbedness in his posting I cannot ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Eiko View Post
    That's true, but best not to place too much stock into absence just yet.
    Also, I just want to say I didn't say 'let's not talk', just that 'people not having turned up yet isn't an immediate Mafia tell'. I'm not beating Zidane and Steiner with that particular stick... yet. The longer they leave it, the most weighty that stick will become.

I mean, I was the person advocating for a longer day yesterday!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Vivi View Post
    Sorry I will keep it quiet. Do you wish for me to edit it out?
    No worries, what's done is done. It's also too late to remove it but it would also be unfair to Zidane to have no right of reply. So I'll confirm Zidane is not Scruff and say no more. It's more in the spirit of the game to focus on actual in thread behaviour.

Carry on and enjoy!

Trying hard to put aside the speculation about Zidane's identity, Vivi, you said:

We were waiting on (Zidane) to play a night move earlier
    How do you come to the conclusion that that one player in particular was the one we were waiting for? Night moves are all secret, and 4 of the remaining 5 players have one available.

I have been quit due to game inactivity. However I have tried today tried to stir conversation twice. I was the first one to post after the night to try and get the day going. Then when it was stone dead I posted again saying let's talk! It seems I am trying to get things moving forward to extend the day instead of getting a time limit to shorten the day and have us shoot blindly again. You once again say ohh theirs time. Meanwhile if we don't post we get less time. We do need to talk more to find out. We guess wrong today and it's game over. Mafia win.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Quina View Post
    Trying hard to put aside the speculation about Zidane's identity, Vivi, you said:

We were waiting on (Zidane) to play a night move earlier
    How do you come to the conclusion that that one player in particular was the one we were waiting for? Night moves are all secret, and 4 of the remaining 5 players have one available.
    It may have been me over thinking the game. This is why I really want to talk it out. We are in our own heads going through all possible outcomes and we get a tunnel vision in thought. However someone else puts out what they are thinking and it may help us get out of that tunnel and think outside the box.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Vivi View Post
    IYou once again say ohh theirs time. Meanwhile if we don't post we get less time.
    I'm pretty sure Psy is savvy enough to set a deadline if the conversation is going no-where. It isn't sheer volume of posts, but where the conversation is at. I'm not trying to shut anyone's mouth up, and I'm trying to suss out Mafia just as much as you are.

What motivations the Mafia had for killing Kuja may very well be random. An obvious tactic would be to kill someone unrelated like Zidane or Vivi, therefore increasing the amount of pressure on myself and Kuja, given that rumours of us being connected were bubbling on Day One. Come Day Two with a Town death, and I can see that being a talking point.

But instead, it was Kuja who was killed. No-one is immediately a suspect based on that kill. At a guess, Steiner's character may be in question for voting Kuja first, being the first vote of the game. Or, alternatively, the Mafia may have killed Kuja in the hopes that the person who defended him the most (myself) would be caught in suspicion, on the grounds that I was pretending to defend him in public while stabbing him in the back at night. Both are possible reasons why the Mafia would kill Kuja. It might be totally random, but a good Mafia wouldn't take such decisions to chance. They would assess the Day One situation and make their kill based on who is the easiest target to manipulate into lynching.

That's just it. The Kuja kill made no sense at all. It felt like a random shot. Their were better targets to be hit.