Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: FFIX Mafia Game Thread - Day 3 - The Final Day

Ngh, I can't deny that. The fact remains they didn't go the obvious tactic. Either it is random, or they have another plan in mind.

What complicates matters is when you consider Day One actions. Beatrix is unmistakably Town, but we didn't know that at the time. Had I been awake, Beatrix would have been one of the more likely targets for my vote, it was pretty much 50/50. I didn't vote in the end, and Beatrix flipped Town. What's annoying is that Beatrix's actions seemed dodgy (if not outright scummy) at the time. In Day One, 'dodgy' is enough for a lynch. Thus she got lynched. Trying to figure out the Mafia amongst the well-meaning Town members is made more difficult given the 'reasonableness' of the vote.

As Beatrix herself said: why not Kuja? In that same vein one could argue, why not Beatrix? It makes sensing the actions behind the lynch harder to discern. One could point at Quina breaking the deadlock, but that was only to save themselves, which is an understandable response, which doesn't flip Town or Mafia.

Let's not forget that at the end of Day One, we still had a doctor. So there was someone who couldn't be killed due to the protection. Maybe Mafia thought that Kuja was unlikely to be protected, so there were better odds of the kill succeeding.

don't know if the doctor would have been huge in that situation as we really didn't have much to go on. Trying to figure out the doctor out of the text or who they will protect is as much of a shot in the dark as us doing the Lynching. We really don't have much to go on as of yet.

So let's go over what we know.

1. The Kuja kill seemed rather random.
    2. ??? What are we missing?

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Okay, I have replaced Steiner. Have fun~

I am glad Phy has given us a time limit. A random vote at this stage is dangerous as the two mafia can jump on it and it is game over with3 being the majority needed. It is an automatic win for them. We must get it right.

Yeah. I'm going to bed now so we will resume this in the morning!

Hi I'm new Steiner. I skimmed the thread already and I'll go through it again, just wanted to say hello.

Welcome, Rusty mkII

Welcome new Steiner

So I have read the thread and here is what I think.

First there is no point in guessing why the mafia targeted Kuja. They did and that's it.

Second we should not speculate at all on our power roles. Mafia do have a roleblocker so if the doctor claims then the doctor is useless. Same with the cop, I think he or she should only claim if the investigation came up mafia or if we are heading for lynching a town.

What did you do with the real Steiner, you imposter, you, you Mafia scum!

As for the actions of the doctor; usually it is a crapshoot at Day One. Choosing not to protect Kuja makes sense assuming you thought the Mafia would take the logical step and keep Kuja alive for lynch bandwagon potential. But it's hard to say.

Yeah, the roleblocker can really complicate things and mess things up for Town. Given that two of our Vanilla Town is dead, there's a very decent chance they'll block a role.

You would think they would block the Doctor as long as it's alive to kill as they see fit which really seems weird. Don't know why they would block a investigation at this point.

What the hell, I'm absent for a bit and I'm already being suspected over it? I didn't keep quiet by choice, I was preoccupied until now. Sorry about that, but I couldn't really help it.

First things first, RIP Beatrix and Kuja, FFIX Spoilersmy brother. Second things second, welcome new Steiner. Third things third, let's talk about who to lynch. Anybody have any suggestions? I am somewhat suspicious of a certain someone myself; but I'd like to hear if anyone else has any suspicions, on whatever basis it might be.