Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 159

Thread: FFIX Mafia Game Thread - Day 3 - The Final Day

  1. #91

    Default

    Feel free to share your thoughts as ours have been in the thread we are at a dead end and would love more incite.

  2. #92

    Default

    Alright then. I'm suspicious of Quina. Steiner made a good point previous day phase about them justifying themselves for no real reason, and their posts today also make more sense if they are Mafia - of course Quina would have an idea as to why the Mafia chose Kuja, even though nobody else can come up with anything.

    What do you think?

  3. #93

    Default

    I had suspicions on Quiana too, her wanting to talk if she is could be her not used to being town, or that she is a rather new to mafia also. I may have to re-read what Quina has written to supply more info on her. I am also suspicious of Steiner as though the player has been replaced it was a little washy for a quick vote day one then log out to never log back in.

    I'd hate to vote Steiner though as a new player stepped up and should have a chance to play. However the first thing really kinda sticks with me a bit.

  4. #94

    Default

    I am leaning towards Vivi being likely as scum right now. A lot of his posts today are very off putting. He wants us to speculate on things like what the mafia are thinking of and what happened at night.

  5. #95

    Default

    I disagree there but I see you posted for reaction. I'll say it was me who has tried to open all talking. The more people talk the more information we all have to make an informed decision for a lynch and get a mafia player.

  6. #96

    Default

    Of course you will say you disagree. I'm accusing you of being mafia and you would be insane to just agree with me xD.

  7. #97

    Default

    So let's have fun.

    There are 5 players left
    Eiko
    Quina
    Steiner
    Vivi
    Zidane

    2 are mafia. Name who you think they are right now.

    I would say Vivi and Eiko are the two that I would select myself, though I admit I'm not confident in Eiko now and need to keep playing and watching her.

  8. #98
    Mafia Townsperson [M] Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,223

    Default

    I'd probably also say Vivi, that post about "we were waiting for Zidane to play his night role" just doesn't sit right with me. It doesn't make any sense at all which is more of a red flag than I get from anyone else.

    The other would be Zidane, who is looking to turn my speculation on why Kuja may have been targeted into something incriminating. But we've all been discussing the mafia's motives, why was my speculation special?

  9. #99

    Default

    I'm leaning towards Quina and Eiko. Quina for reasons stated above, Eiko because if there's anyone who could gain something from having Kuja killed, it would be her. It dispels the theory that Eiko and Kuja are Mafia in cahoots and draws attention away from her, putting her in a pretty good position if she's Mafia.

  10. #100
    Yossarian Lives Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    50,962
    Articles
    71

    Default

    Just so you all know, we have a shade under 5 hours left.

    0 votes yet, and it takes 3 to get a majority and as soon as we have that majority, the day will end prematurely - so be careful how you place your votes. You all know the set up and thus you also know what lynching a town member today will do!

    I'd say it's lynch or lose but technically if you didn't lynch anyone and then the Doctor protected the person the mafia targeted tonight you'd be okay. You'd be in the exact same position then as you are now, 3 town to 2 mafia.

  11. #101

    Default

    Just 5 hours left. Like Phy said one wrong vote and the game is over. We should use this time wisely.

  12. #102

    Default

    So Vivi. Who do you think is the mafia? 2 members.

  13. #103

    Default

    Might as well do this first:

    ##VOTE: Zidane

    The primary two targets Zidane has pointed the finger at has been Quina and myself. Not Vivi, interestingly. In regards to Vivi, I cannot deny there is a lingering suspicion I can't shake off, but I get the feeling like I'm being led to believe that. Both Quina and Steiner are also suspicious of Vivi, as evidenced here:

    Quote Originally Posted by Steiner
    I am leaning towards Vivi being likely as scum right now. A lot of his posts today are very off putting. He wants us to speculate on things like what the mafia are thinking of and what happened at night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quina
    That post about "we were waiting for Zidane to play his night role" just doesn't sit right with me.
    Steiner's accusation just sounds weak. "He wants us to speculate on things like what the mafia are thinking of" sounds actually kinda reasonable. Quina's evidence hits harder, and is also what makes me suspicious of Vivi. Further compounding my distrust of Vivi is the fact that he was so eager to get things moving today, when he didn't really make an attempt yesterday.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vivi
    I have been quit due to game inactivity. However I have tried today tried to stir conversation twice.
    If things were so quiet on Day One, there was little attempt at sparking the conversation then. Perhaps there is a reason why Vivi has redoubled efforts today - we are at Lynch or Lose. But it strikes me as a distinct shift in game strategy.

    ______

    Despite this, I'm voting for Zidane. Why?

    On Day One, Zidane didn't too much. With the exception of roleplay posts, he made only two posts that day:

    Quote Originally Posted by Zidane
    Heh, I believe old man Steiner over here was baiting for some interesting reactions. A good way to ward off the old "it's Day 1, we have nothing to talk about" argument. I find Beatrix's reaction to it more curious... seems to me she was trying to get on Steiner's good side
    Steiner did bring up an interesting point about Quina's random explanation, but at the moment I'm more suspicious of Beatrix for jumping on Steiner's suggestion like that.
    Other than that, there wasn't much attempt at teasing out what other people thought or trying to posit any other theories. It's not damning, because the same could be said for others.

    Today, Zidane made some interesting posts. I'm disregarding him turning up late as I believe him about simply not being around. Seems unfair to beat him with a stick over it.

    I am somewhat suspicious of a certain someone myself; but I'd like to hear if anyone else has any suspicions, on whatever basis it might be.
    Why hold back? As Vivi has said to death, talking is everything. It could be benign, getting others to talk. It could also be a strategy to have someone else open up with a Quina suspicion, and then just jump on that suggestion with a nod and an agreeable post like "I also agree with that!". It makes things redirect less back to you.

    Eventually, Zidane ends up talking about it regardless:

    Alright then. I'm suspicious of Quina. Steiner made a good point previous day phase about them justifying themselves for no real reason, and their posts today also make more sense if they are Mafia - of course Quina would have an idea as to why the Mafia chose Kuja, even though nobody else can come up with anything.
    Seems fair enough, right? What piques my interest is this, posted afterwards:

    I'm leaning towards Quina and Eiko. Quina for reasons stated above, Eiko because if there's anyone who could gain something from having Kuja killed, it would be her. It dispels the theory that Eiko and Kuja are Mafia in cahoots and draws attention away from her, putting her in a pretty good position if she's Mafia.
    His later post completely contradicts his own reason for suspicion over Quina, namely that only Quina has an idea as to why the mafia chose Kuja. He ends up forming his own Kuja kill theory not long after. I'll also state as well that Zidane's Kuja kill theory is something I have already postulated myself, earlier in the thread:

    Quote Originally Posted by Eiko
    But instead, it was Kuja who was killed. No-one is immediately a suspect based on that kill. At a guess, Steiner's character may be in question for voting Kuja first, being the first vote of the game. Or, alternatively, the Mafia may have killed Kuja in the hopes that the person who defended him the most (myself) would be caught in suspicion, on the grounds that I was pretending to defend him in public while stabbing him in the back at night. Both are possible reasons why the Mafia would kill Kuja. It might be totally random, but a good Mafia wouldn't take such decisions to chance. They would assess the Day One situation and make their kill based on who is the easiest target to manipulate into lynching.
    If I was mafia, outing my own killing strategy would be counter-intuitive, no?

    It isn't much, and I could very well be wrong. But my gut (and a smattering of posts) say Zidane, so I'm voting Zidane.

  14. #104

    Default

    Dude, hang on. I'll respond to your accusation, but please remove your vote in the meantime. You're giving the Mafia an easy way to lock it down.

  15. #105

    Default

    If you wish:

    ##UNVOTE: Zidane

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •