Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Thread: FFIX Mafia Game Thread - Day 3 - The Final Day

To put it simply, you're quite right. I was trying to get someone else to implicate Quina so I would have an easy excuse to vote along. It would've been the preferred outcome. Now that it's come to this, however, I feel the time has come to reveal.

I'm the cop in this game.

I was suspicious of Quina on Day 1, but it still could've certainly been a townie mistake. So I decided to confirm or deny my suspicions tonight. And lo and behold, Quina is Mafia-aligned. Since there's a roleblocker in the game however, I felt it too big a risk to just up and reveal myself; if Quina was the Mafia Goon, I would be rendered useless for the town even if the Doc were to protect me. But now that it's come to this, well, I'm willing to bet on us achieving victory by unmasking the other Mafia through conventional means.

My suspicion of you was, indeed, bulltrout. Steiner had asked for us to state two suspicions, so I just went with the first thing I thought of and tried to empathize that Quina is the one I *actually* suspect. I noticed it was pretty much contradictory halfway through, but I figured maybe I can bait the other mafia to jump on it, as an excuse to start being "suspicious" of you. Then I could reveal and there would've been more to go off of for the other mafia. Didn't think I'd get accused over it. But well, what happens happens.

So with that being said, I can actually do this *without* risking a Mafia victory.

##Vote: Quina

I asked for 2 because it's designed to help you (the cop) pick who to investigate tonight. If a lot of people think say Eiko for example is suspicious I think it would be a strong move to investigate her. Either everyone is correct and you confirm it. Or everyone is wrong and you save the town from making a horrible mistake.

Quina would make some scenes, I am also suspicious of Steiner. It is the aggressive finger pointing and day one actions. I know the player has been replaced and it is tough to dig yourself out of a hole someone else dug. Still undecided on my vote but it will be for either Steiner or Quina. Don't know which one yet.

Remember Vivi, day 1 Steiner is a different person than me. Same role, just different person in the account.

I have said that twice Steiner and have said you deserve the chance to play too. Since I have two people in my thoughts and Steiner deserves a chance to play.

##Vote: Quina

Though it must be challenging when you are suspicious of the first Steiner and the second one is suspicious of you

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Zidane View Post
    My suspicion of you was, indeed, bulltrout. Steiner had asked for us to state two suspicions, so I just went with the first thing I thought of and tried to empathize that Quina is the one I *actually* suspect.
    For only 'pretending' to implicate me you produced a fairly full-fat theory as to why I could be mafia.

You claim Cop. That is patently, absolutely, positively false.

##VOTE: Zidane

In the end it's a game. I never take a game personal. You have the right to be suspicious of me too as I do to you.

And now the game gets interesting.

The vote is:

Quina: 2/3 (Zidane, Vivi)
    Zidane: 1/3 (Eiko)

(Quina and Steiner yet to vote)

Quina is one vote away from lynch. Zidane is patently lying about his role, and so unless he's a very risk-taking Town, he is absolutely Mafia. A mafia wouldn't implicate another mafia, so Quina is most likely Town.

Zidane relies too much on Steiner's 'let's all announce our top two!' statement as a reason to also implicate me. In my opinion, Zidane and Steiner are most likely Mafia, as their theories, and their posts, bounce off each other too much.

##Unvote: Quina

May still put it in but don't want to just end it. Though I will most likely vote Quina unless new evidence comes in. We still have 3.5 hours or so.

Eiko, I think we all know the implications of your vote, what was your night action?

Oh there it is.

My night action was to investigate [M] Quina. Unfortunately, my investigation was blocked by the Mafia roleblocker.

You wonder why conversation was somewhat like treacle at the start of this day? I was relying purely on existing conversation. I analysed Zidane's posts for any inconsistencies and well, that elicited a reaction.

I was torn between investigating Steiner and Quina. I eventually ended up going for Quina because they were the second bandwagon of Day One, being locked into a sudden death with Beatrix. I wanted to see if Quina was also Town, or a mafia bandwagon gone somewhat dicey.

Of course I made a theory that made sense. I'm not an idiot.

So now that I've exposed your partner you're starting to panick, are you. Well looks like we'll be spared a headache when it comes to finding the remaining Mafia next day phase.