Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's Talk Nintendo Switch Games

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Cookie Let's Talk Nintendo Switch Games

So the Treehouse event ended earlier today and it showed off quite a few games: Arms,Splatoon 2, Super Bomberman R, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Ultra Street Fighter II, Has-Been Heroes, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Snipperclippers, and 1, 2, Switch.

What games caught your eye? I thought Arms looked lame at the presentation, but it looked better during the Treehouse event. Snipperclippers was surprisingly hilarious. Watching the two trying to put the basketball in the hoop was the best part and it looks to be a great co-op game. Breath of the Wild of course looks like a greatest of all time contender and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe's new improved Battle Mode brought back memories of the SNES for me. They brought Bomberman back from the dead. A lot assumed it would never see the day of light again due to the current Konami. 1, 2, Switch gave us this:

Here's the switch 1st year lineup.

Rayman Legends and Syberia 3 are missing from this image, but are both confirmed for the Nintendo Switch.
    Last edited by Depression Moon; 01-14-2017 at 10:47 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

What the hell is going on in that GIF? Have I stumbled upon a Japanese gameshow?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Here's an archive of the treehouse show.

Time stamps.

29:58 - Livestream Start
    44:11 - ARMS
    1:27:59 - Nintendo Switch Unboxed
    1:43:41 - Reggie Reveals The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Collector's Sets
    1:53:38 - Splatoon 2
    2:14:06 - Super Bomberman R
    2:39:18 - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
    3:15:53 - Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers
    3:40:16 - Fire Emblem Warriors
    3:44:48 - SnipperClips
    4:02:47 - Has-Been Heroes
    4:23:16 - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    4:53:43 - Super Mario Odyssey
    5:18:52 - 1-2 Switch
    Last edited by Depression Moon; 01-14-2017 at 01:17 AM.

Let's talk Switch games.

"What games?" - Reggie 2017

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Trigger Warning: Talking about enjoying things on the internet.

A lot of that stuff looks fun! Looking forward to it.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

I won't be a first day release but I will pick one up either next year or just before when the price drops to play DQ and Zelda. Will also grind some Mario Kart.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post

What did you like in particular?

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post

What did you like in particular?
    ARMS looked a lot better after seeing it more. Zelda and Mario also looked fantastic. I don't mind them taking their time in terms of Mario because both Sunshine and Windwaker, Mario and Zelda titles that are revered were obviously rushed. Granted they are still good titles, but both those games show signs of short cuts. Zelda with the lack of dungeons and Mario with not having nearly as many different levels as Mario 64, but the same about of 120 collectable thingys. Whoops, that was a side tangent.

Splatoon 2. I say that as a person who hasn't played a minute of the first one. The sequel looks a lot more fun and interesting to me.

Super Bomberman R looks like they learned a lot from that really weird and off putting Bomberman Zero game.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is cool, but that's gonna be a for sale game for me since I played the original on the Wii U so much.

The new Fire Emblem and Has-Been Heroes are up my alley since I am obviously into RPGs. That one Octopus game that was shown in the presentation last night also looks up my alley (but wasn't in the Treehouse video).

You can criticize something while still being able to enjoy some aspects of it.

I don't really know what I would play on the Switch past Zelda. I've never played Splatoon and jumping into a sequel that has had merely 2 years of development time seems kind of iffy to me. Plus Super Mario Odyssey looks rough around the edges, and there is almost no chance that Xenoblade Chronicles 2 comes out in 2017. I haven't even played the first one.

I really don't know what else would interest me from them. Pikmin and Smash I guess.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

How dare people share their thoughts in a discussion thread if their thoughts aren't entirely positive!

Here's a thought, take peoples subjective opinions for what they are: subjective opinions. What they're saying should only affect the way you feel about the Switch if you think they're making a good point.

I really hope Nintendo knows what they are doing here. The Wii sold well partly because of a successful gimmick. I hope the company is more concerned with creating quality games that have more than a niche appeal outside of the common Mario, Zelda, and Smash Bros titles. I'd like to see the system do well because it in the long term ended up with a lot of great quality titles; not because of another gimmick that did better. Also, Nintendo needs to do a better job marketing this than what they did with the Wii U. I am confident a good number of people didn't even know that existed.
    "I'm seeing it clearer/Hating the picture in the mirror/They claim we inferior/So why the f**k these devils fear ya?/I'm watching my nation die genocide the cause/Expect a blood bath/The aftermath is y'alls/I told ya last album, we need help cause we dying/Give us a chance, help us advance cause we trying/Ignore my whole plea, watching us in disgust/And then they beg when my guns bust/They don't give a f**k about us" 2pac ft. Outlawz- "They Don't Give a F**k About Us"

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Though I knew the Wii U existed I had no feeling towards a purchase. It was just the exact same titles as the Wii and it didn't show any growth as a system. It was like FinalxxSin said. It was all a gimmick market and it showed no signs of branching out to try and grow the market. It was a no risk taken system really from the Wii. It felt like it was only put out for the sake of putting out something new.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    How dare people share their thoughts in a discussion thread if their thoughts aren't entirely positive!

Here's a thought, take peoples subjective opinions for what they are: subjective opinions. What they're saying should only affect the way you feel about the Switch if you think they're making a good point.

Nah, I'm with Sephex.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Okay. So I guess everyone that isn't totally sold on these games or the console should just shut up about their concerns? That sounds like a mature way of handling the existence of different opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by FinalxxSin View Post
    I really hope Nintendo knows what they are doing here. The Wii sold well partly because of a successful gimmick. I hope the company is more concerned with creating quality games that have more than a niche appeal outside of the common Mario, Zelda, and Smash Bros titles. I'd like to see the system do well because it in the long term ended up with a lot of great quality titles; not because of another gimmick that did better. Also, Nintendo needs to do a better job marketing this than what they did with the Wii U. I am confident a good number of people didn't even know that existed.
    Nintendo has ALWAYS been concerned with creating quality games. They are consistently one of the best developers in the industry because their titles have an almost unmatched level of polish, detail, and engaging gameplay.

Nintendo the console developer has proven time and time again that they do not know what they are doing. A lot of it has to do with the fact that Nintendo of Japan makes all of the decisions. They stick to tradition as opposed to adapting to what the modern consumer actually wants.

Pull my Devil Trigger!