Thread: My thoughts (review)

Blog Entries

Default My thoughts (review)

So when I first played the game I skipped a bunch of stuff to see how long the story lasted. To my surprise it was beatable in a day or two. The second playthrough I knew what I was doing. I went as far in the story as I could go without doing any quests. When I got to the point of the game being a bit difficult i went back and did all quests and side quests I could get my hand on. When done I stayed at the 2.0 EXP INN and went from level 18 to 49.

You don't need to max out on exp as I am level 92 right now with over 1,000,000 exp and still haven't finished all quests. So yeah, eating at the right places (chocobo wiz) and making spells with exp bonus effects aren't needed. If you wish to use them do so early cause after 99 you don't need exp at all. Kind of a bummer.

The hidden dungeons are pretty cool. Once you get all the King's Swords and have finished the game you can go back to chapter 15 and complete the end game stuff. This game is fun and no walkthrough is really needed. Sure you might need to look stuff up in the end but most of the stuff it pretty much easy to find.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    This game is fun and no walkthrough is really needed. Sure you might need to look stuff up in the end but most of the stuff it pretty much easy to find.
    I have three questions.
    1. What is your most favorite part of the game?
    2. What is your least favorite part of the game?
    3. If there is one thing you'd like to see improved, what would it be?
    "I'm seeing it clearer/Hating the picture in the mirror/They claim we inferior/So why the f**k these devils fear ya?/I'm watching my nation die genocide the cause/Expect a blood bath/The aftermath is y'alls/I told ya last album, we need help cause we dying/Give us a chance, help us advance cause we trying/Ignore my whole plea, watching us in disgust/And then they beg when my guns bust/They don't give a f**k about us" 2pac ft. Outlawz- "They Don't Give a F**k About Us"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FinalxxSin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    This game is fun and no walkthrough is really needed. Sure you might need to look stuff up in the end but most of the stuff it pretty much easy to find.
    I have three questions.
    1. What is your most favorite part of the game?
    2. What is your least favorite part of the game?
    3. If there is one thing you'd like to see improved, what would it be?
    My favorite part of the game is probably will be broken down in three categories.

1. Gameplay - My favorite part is that there is so much you can do. You can ride around, camp, fish, take photos, kill things. Being able to do so much is part of why I like this game so much.

2. Story - When Lunafreya summons Leviathan. That was when I started to like the games story the most. Even if it is short lived.

3. Graphics - I have not been a fan of detailed worlds in Final Fantasy for a long time. Simple world map on a NES would work for me. The fact that you can see a whole bunch of things all over the place seem cool. I didn't care much for the graphics of X, XI, XII, XIII, XIV.

The things I disliked about the game will be listed so,

1. Being too easy - You can reach level 99 really fast if you do the right stuff. You can also complete the main story at low levels. So the fact that I only used guide to see hard to find items in the game. The Black Hood for example is internets favorite accessory but it really didn't take much to get.

2. The AP system. You can max out quite a bit without grinding but I'm well into being level 99 and still need thousands of AP. I feel they could have made it better if some things weren't 12 ap and then another is 999.

3. Time it takes to travel. You can fast travel most the game. Seeing the loading screen is boring to me. Whats even more boring is traveling with Ignis as the driver. No even with Manuel it's boring to see about 8 minutes of a easy to control car go to point a to point b. Also the Type-F car can get you an almost instant game over.

What would I like to change?

Well I'd like to see better accessories. Like the mech gear that raises HP, STR, DEF. I don't see a whole point in raising just one attribute like HP. If they just skipped half the time and grouped them like HP/MP increase STR/DEF Increase Elemental Increases (Like mighty guard) or (Genji Gloves). Most of the accessories are broken or poorly made.

Also I would want to reset level on new game plus. There is a lot I'd like to change. However I see how they are going to make VII : REmake now.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.