Thread: Sony Sponsors a Program for Girls Who Want to Get into the Gaming Industry

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Default Sony Sponsors a Program for Girls Who Want to Get into the Gaming Industry

Sony is sponsoring a bootcamp program for girls ages 11-14 who want to get into technology and video games. This program is by Liverpool Girl Geeks of England and they're hoping to get 400 girls for this.

Got this news from Polygon.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I can't wait for the quick and unwarranted backlash from the anti-political correctness daycare escapees.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Oh I hadn't seen this! That's super neat!

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The first two thoughts in my head when I saw this thread were exactly the first two replies. This address a clear area where the gaming industry can improve and is a really cool way to do it. Bugger off to anyone who thinks otherwise.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Terrible first comment on the Polygon article though. I am glad to see more of these programs popping up.

This is for sure is a step in the right direction for game development. This could in the long run help reduce the repetitiveness that seems to plague a good amount of the gaming industry now.
    "I'm seeing it clearer/Hating the picture in the mirror/They claim we inferior/So why the f**k these devils fear ya?/I'm watching my nation die genocide the cause/Expect a blood bath/The aftermath is y'alls/I told ya last album, we need help cause we dying/Give us a chance, help us advance cause we trying/Ignore my whole plea, watching us in disgust/And then they beg when my guns bust/They don't give a f**k about us" 2pac ft. Outlawz- "They Don't Give a F**k About Us"

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Video games as a whole are mostly dominated by men I think so it is nice to see woman getting into it. This is a good thing that will bring in new idea's and new flavours in the future of gaming. I like the idea!