Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24

Thread: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (aka Episode VIII)

  1. #1
    The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,811

    Default Star Wars: The Last Jedi (aka Episode VIII)

    It has a name now anyway. Commence hype and predictions for the film here.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

  2. #2

  3. #3
    'Just Friends' Formalhaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Glenwood
    Posts
    13,304
    Articles
    54
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Sounds pretty scary, eh?


  4. #4
    Taking care of business Cid's Knight Bubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Shmocation
    Posts
    9,622
    Articles
    1
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Luke dies
    I was gonna follow straight on with "Leia dies" then I remembered

  5. #5

    Default

    Jedi is plural as well as singular. Maybe there's a secret planet full of the bastards

  6. #6
    The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,811

    Default

    So it's like Aliens?
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

  7. #7
    Let's get ready to bumble Vincent, Thunder God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,184
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Luke dies
    I was gonna follow straight on with "Leia dies" then I remembered
    Apparently Carrie had filmed all of her scenes for VIII so she'll be in it at least, but the writers will have to find a way to write her off in IX.

  8. #8
    Famine Wolf Cid's Knight Sephex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Solar System
    Posts
    12,076
    Articles
    2
    Blog Entries
    55

    Default

    My first instinct upon hearing the title was also thinking that Luke will die, but that seems a bit too obvious. The title could refer to the fact that Luke doesn't consider himself a Jedi and Rey becomes one by the end of the film. Or Luke does indeed die, but the title will make sense in some other way by that point in the film.

    No matter what, color me excited. It will be nice to see Mark Hamill back in action with more than a slow turn and look of despair/determination! My only fear is that even if everything else in the movie feels different (like comparing Empire to A New Hope at the time), having Luke instead of Han as "mentor man" might feel repetitive.

  9. #9
    disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    in the rain
    Posts
    5,596
    Articles
    1
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default

    TRAINING MONTAGE WITH SMASH MOUTH'S 'ALL STAR (wars)'

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by krissy View Post
    TRAINING MONTAGE WITH SMASH MOUTH'S 'ALL STAR (wars)'
    Just pictured Luke farting and in a scottish voice saying to Rey " Better out than in ".



  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent, Thunder God View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Luke dies
    I was gonna follow straight on with "Leia dies" then I remembered
    Apparently Carrie had filmed all of her scenes for VIII so she'll be in it at least, but the writers will have to find a way to write her off in IX.
    They're gonna blow up another planet aren't they

  12. #12
    Let's get ready to bumble Vincent, Thunder God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,184
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent, Thunder God View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Luke dies
    I was gonna follow straight on with "Leia dies" then I remembered
    Apparently Carrie had filmed all of her scenes for VIII so she'll be in it at least, but the writers will have to find a way to write her off in IX.
    They're gonna blow up another planet aren't they
    I didn't think of that. I guess that would be the easiest way to write in her death offscreen but it would be a pretty lame death for such an important character.

  13. #13
    Slothstronaut Slothy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    I'm in space
    Posts
    13,193
    Blog Entries
    27
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    My first instinct upon hearing the title was also thinking that Luke will die, but that seems a bit too obvious. The title could refer to the fact that Luke doesn't consider himself a Jedi and Rey becomes one by the end of the film. Or Luke does indeed die, but the title will make sense in some other way by that point in the film.
    Or it could just refer to the fact that Luke is presently the Last Jedi and will be a major player in the film.

  14. #14
    Tangled Site Contributor Aulayna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    6,584
    Articles
    143
    Blog Entries
    28

    FFXIV Character

    Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

    Default

    Episode VII: The Force Awakens
    Episode VIII: The Last Jedi

    Well the Force apparently wasn't very strong.

    (SPOILER)It's a joke. Please don't hurt me.


  15. #15
    Famine Wolf Cid's Knight Sephex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Solar System
    Posts
    12,076
    Articles
    2
    Blog Entries
    55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    My first instinct upon hearing the title was also thinking that Luke will die, but that seems a bit too obvious. The title could refer to the fact that Luke doesn't consider himself a Jedi and Rey becomes one by the end of the film. Or Luke does indeed die, but the title will make sense in some other way by that point in the film.
    Or it could just refer to the fact that Luke is presently the Last Jedi and will be a major player in the film.
    It could be that simple too, yes. After making that post I recalled that Yoda said in Return of the Jedi that once he passes, the last of the Jedi Luke will be.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •