Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

And he was just reading from a script.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm sure he was, but you'd think he'd think "Oh, it's a word that's obviously from the show I'm announcing, I better check if I'm saying it right". That said, if he did that for every show, he wouldn't have time for anything, so yeah, fair enough.

For another example of the main subject - I know for a fact that I used to say "Skellington" when I was a kid, instead of "Skeleton". Even to this day, I still want to say "Skellington", even though I know it's not when I'm not really concentrating on what I'm say or thinking.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

'Carmel'

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Did you ever hear the Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise? It's a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith so powerful and so wise, he could use the Force to influence the midi-chlorians to create...life. He had such a knowledge of the Dark Side, he could even keep the ones he cared about...from dying. He became so powerful, the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power...which, eventually of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew. Then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. Ironic. He could save others from death...but not himself.

Banned

I have always pronounced the words "catastrophe" and "cereal" as "cat-a-strofe" and "seh-real", and I only just recently found out that they are apparently pronounced "cat-as-trophy" and "serial".

Mind blown.

I also used to pronounce "sword" as "sw-err-d" (kinda like "swerved" without the "-v-") until I found out that it was actually "soh-(r)-d" when I was 11-12 years old or so.
    Last edited by Peter1986; 02-09-2017 at 12:54 PM.