Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112131727 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect: Andromeda | Official Thread

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

He was bland and boring in ME1 and then a bitch in 2, and had no love left in 3. I DO NOT CARE THAT HE IS CANADIAN!

Articles
    Blog Entries

But he likes poutine!

Seriously though, I keep saying this, but Ashley has the same development than Kaiden in ME: 2 and ME: 3. And in ME: 1 she's sceptical of other species which is eh.

Ashley is the more interesting character in ME: 1 but she's also the least likeable of the two. Kaiden is nice but - I'll admit, is a tad bland in ME: 1. Either's a decent pick to carry over, but I prefer nice but bland over interesting but xenophobic.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I kinda wish I had a third option to keep alive that wasn't either boring, or racist (speciesist?).

I forgot whether it's possible to make her change her stance in the later games. I never paid much attention to either of them.

And why should I, when there's a Liara and Tali around?
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

She gets kinda hot on ME3 though.

Also in my ME3 play through at the moment Kaidan asked if he could rejoin the Normandy crew. I told him absolutely not. Didn't even know that was an option but I'm so glad.

I hate both Ashley and Kaiden equally. I disliked them both in ME1, didn't care which one died, and then became absolutely furious with them for their attitude towards me in ME2. I get you don't trust Cerberus you jerkfaces but give ME, COMMANDER GOD-DAMN SHEPARD a chance, will ya?

I felt that Liara was pretty cold for a while in ME2, and considering we were lovers that kinda stung... but then you get further in and learn more about the situation and find that she actually cares about you the most out of everyone. It's really sweet. Kaiden and Ashley are both jerks though. Every time I play ME1 I try to find some exploit that allows me to have both of them stay with the nuke but I can't make it happen.

Articles
    Blog Entries

You guys are so unforgiving!

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I liked them both in 1. Then yeah they were dumb as hell in 2. "B-but you're working for Cerberus :qq:" Okay first of all Ashley you're a smurfing space racist so you should APPROVE of that, and secondly give me a chance to explain the situation at least.

With 3 I don't remember much of the game except playing troutloads of multi with Psy and DK.

The thing I never understood with ME3 is why Shepard didn't just use a charge/nova combo versus the entire Reaper fleet.

...honestly that trout is so overpowered it's ridiculous.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Vanguard is like the opposite of how I play (Sentinel).

Articles

In my ME3 replay I'm playing a sniper Vanguard and I'm a god. Why a sniper and not the traditional shotgun? You can't charge up to enemies who are standing on inaccessible ground so I whip out the ol' rifle and that does the job. I tried using a shotgun like I had with ME2 but melee in 3 is a lot better so the shotty isn't necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    In my ME3 replay I'm playing a sniper Vanguard and I'm a god. Why a sniper and not the traditional shotgun? You can't charge up to enemies who are standing on inaccessible ground so I whip out the ol' rifle and that does the job. I tried using a shotgun like I had with ME2 but melee in 3 is a lot better so the shotty isn't necessary.
    A cunning scheme! It's true that I only ever used by shotgun during the occasions I was retreating between charges. Although also I used it 'cause it felt so damn good. It was probably the most satisfying weapon in the game, although to be fair most of the guns felt pretty good in ME2/3

Articles

Fully agreed on the satisfaction of the shotgun. I just couldn't afford the weight and as Vanguard comes with a skill that boosts your melee damage by a ridiculous 75% for 30 seconds after a heavy melee kill I go around punching everything that somehow survives Nova to death. Usually Banshees. Sensible? No. Fun? Very.

Articles
    Blog Entries

But Banshees have a one-hit kill move! And brutes. And those massive atlas mechs. And those Cerberus enemies with the ninja swords.

Actually, combat in ME: 3 terrified me sometimes because there were so many enemies it seemed that had instakill moves if you drew too close.

Another reason why I didn't choose Vanguard in ME: 2 and ME: 3. I'm scared I'd charge right into an early grave.

Articles

The benefit of having many hours of Multiplayer under your belt is that you don't fear any of the OHKO moves anymore. The other benefit is that apparently I have a Drell called Trumpet and a Batarian called Crumpet. And bizarrely a Turian called Telford Wrekin. Oh, and a Krogan Vanguard who I apparently named Murder Train.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm on Noveria and I had completely forgot Bioware's bungling. (I know Pike's not there yet so I'm gonna spoiler.)

(SPOILER)They make a HUGE deal about the monstrous creatures you encounter and your characters freak out, while attempts to get to the truth are obstructed by bureaucracy and stuff, e.g. Mira refusing to say anything. They're trying to build up a big reveal to the fact that it's the Rachni. Problem is the first time you aim at one of them - which happens immediately after a very brief cutscene introducing it - it tells you exactly what they are. 'Rachni Soldier.'"

So... great job Bioware