Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 61011121314151617181920212226 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect: Andromeda | Official Thread

Articles
    Blog Entries

That Forbes article sounds fair.

To be clear, those animation issues do seem pretty funny. Hopefully they can at least be tweaked, if not outright fixed. Here's hoping!

Experts: how tough is it to animate faces? I'm guessing it is difficult. Because faces.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Oh yeah the animations seem silly but that's been a reoccurring problem with bioware. It's bothersome they haven't fixed it yet.

I'm still hopeful for the gameplay and story though

Articles
    Blog Entries

Looping animations were the most obvious thing to me in Dragon Age: Origins. Animations are not BioWare's strong point.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by The Summoner of Leviathan View Post
    That dude is just being reasonable because it's controversial not be controversial right now and he wants the clicks.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

listen if this game doesn't have the Bioware Finger Guns in it I'm getting a refund

I'm fairly chill about the weird animations. Yeah they're a big studio and it's 2017 and so on and so forth. But I still happily load up the original Deus Ex from time to time and get completely absorbed in it. That game has aged badly but the terrible animations and unchanging low-resolution expressions are the least of my concerns there. I expect better from Mass Effect but it not being better isn't really a problem for me.

I'm less chill about the writing I've heard so far which is certainly not great. And some of the acting - Natalie Dormer is a wonderful actor but maybe not a voice artist. I was glad to see the conversation system isn't as terrible as I thought it was going to be though - they give you the same options you always had plus an idea of the kind of tone that line is going to take. I thought they were JUST going to give you a list like "'Professional,' 'Flirty,' 'Casual,' with no idea what the actual line would be. Fortunately that isn't the case.

I've never played a Mass Effect game before. How is the combat like?
    ღმერთის შვილი შეეხო და მითხრა, რომ ანგელოზთა ფეხები მომეხია.

Quote Originally Posted by The Summoner of Leviathan View Post
    While I hear the Day One patch will give you more customization options for your character, I was kinda disappointed for my Ryder (if you ship Destiel in Supernatural, then he looked like their kid ). He looked too gruff so I ended up going with default thought he's pasty af in some lighting.
    Love the Destiel reference, hate that you effectively killed their Mass Effect lovechild.

Me and Formy have already pre-ordered, so we're stuck with the game now even if it is pure trout.

I'm not really worried though, to be honest. Haven't bought a game yet which I didn't enjoy on at least the first playthrough, even if they weren't necessarily worth repeat-playing. Basically, my taste in game-buying is flawless and I have absolute confidence in it.

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Latest RPS article gives the early access game a mixed review and says it's very similar to Inquisition, and that one's enjoyment of Andromeda will probably be similar to how much they liked Inquisition. Which I was afraid of, so ultimately for me as someone who didn't get much out of Inquisition this is probably going to come down to how enjoyable the combat is. (Or alternatively, if any of the characters can successfully REALLY suck me in.)

Link for the curious: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...meda-problems/

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

I really liked DA:I sooo... :x

Especially after the fixed the Dorian bug I encountered. Lol.

Articles
    Blog Entries

As long as I'm not finding a random datapad in the wilderness, I'm game.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    That is how I run to the toilet after I've had KFC the previous night. Most relateable ME game yet.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    Latest RPS article gives the early access game a mixed review and says it's very similar to Inquisition, and that one's enjoyment of Andromeda will probably be similar to how much they liked Inquisition. Which I was afraid of, so ultimately for me as someone who didn't get much out of Inquisition this is probably going to come down to how enjoyable the combat is. (Or alternatively, if any of the characters can successfully REALLY suck me in.)

Link for the curious: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...meda-problems/
    Wow that article pretty much echoes how I feel now I've sunk nearly the maximum allotted time into the trial. I'll probably still pick it up just for the story, and on that note pretty much point 14 of that article is how I feel right now.

Like really, nothing has been THAT bad (well aside from a few immersion breaking "wtf" moments with Ryder's facial expressions), but nothing has been notably great either. If I think of it as not a Mass Effect game to remove my pre-conceptions, and just think of it as a sci-fi game, it's okay. It's not revolutionary, but it's not terrible, it's just very... muddled.
    Last edited by Aulayna; 03-18-2017 at 01:11 AM.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

It kind of blows my mind how many people are saying "It's like Dragon Age Inquisition!" as a negative. I freaking loved that game. But it does sound like the game isn't going to come anywhere near living up to the hype surrounding it, and that is a shame. I had planned on pre-ordering it but now...I don't know. What concerns me most is people talking about how unlikable your companions are. The cast of companions in the other ME games were great and I had a blast talking to them and I found myself genuinely interested in learning as much about them as possible.

Monday is when the reviews come out. Should be interesting.
    I like Kung-Fu.