Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 81213141516171819202122232428 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect: Andromeda | Official Thread

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Squall Leonhart Loire View Post
    What's going on the behind the scenes with this game? Some more SJW nonsense?
    Yeah a bunch of scumbags have organised a hate campaign against a woman who was apparently one of the lead animators of Andromeda.
    Awesome. I love SERIOUS BUSINESS internet drama.
    I like Kung-Fu.

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Squall Leonhart Loire View Post
    What's going on the behind the scenes with this game? Some more SJW nonsense?
    Yeah a bunch of scumbags have organised a hate campaign against a woman who was apparently one of the lead animators of Andromeda.
    Awesome. I love SERIOUS BUSINESS internet drama.
    Go to the ME subreddit, it is filled with butthurt and salt, you will find plenty drama there, lol.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Ahh yeah just read how they're harassing a female dev accusing her of the animation glitches.

People are trouts.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Ahh yeah just read how they're harassing a female dev accusing her of the animation glitches.

People are trouts.
    Stay classy internet. Stay classy.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

You guys wanna team up and send her a joint hate message from Eyes on FF as a whole? I don't know who she is or what she's done, but if the internet is doing it then who are we to argue?

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I know that's sarcasm, but personally, I'd rather introduce the back of their heads to my fist via their face.

Articles

Sure, whichever, let's just pick one and do it.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Face smashing it is. Don't stop punching until there's no one left to internet anymore!

I'm watching Totalbiscuit streaming this at the moment. I have to say I'm not sure I can get over this level of writing. Unless it gets MUCH better. For example (spoiler from the first couple of hours):

(SPOILER)When Ryder's father dies and she's being told about it. Cora says something like: "I'm afraid your father is dead. That must be a real blow" That must be a blow. Uh, yes. Yes Cora I do think that qualifies as a 'blow,' could you not muster up just a tiny bit more believable human emotion please? You've just told me of my Father's demise in the same tone that you might inform someone that we're out of chocolate chip ice cream.

Let's just say I'll be looking for the reviews to say "It really finds its feet and becomes less consistently cringeworthy later in the game" before I decide to drop full price on this.

I'm watching Totalbiscuit streaming this at the moment. I have to say I'm not sure I can get over this level of writing. Unless it gets MUCH better. For example (spoiler from the first couple of hours):

(SPOILER)When Ryder's father dies and she's being told about it. Cora says something like: "I'm afraid your father is dead. That must be a real blow" That must be a blow. Uh, yes. Yes Cora I do think that qualifies as a 'blow,' could you not muster up just a tiny bit more believable human emotion please? You've just told me of my Father's demise in the same tone that you might inform someone that we're out of chocolate chip ice cream.

Let's just say I'll be looking for the reviews to say "It really finds its feet and becomes less consistently cringeworthy later in the game" before I decide to drop full price on this.
    Yeah, this is very concerning. The game seems like a comedy of errors at this point. Bad writing that gets delivered with bad voice acting (aside from a few characters supposedly) through bad animations. These all hurt a game's ability to tell an interesting story.

A major problem is that the first section of the game is riddled with things that will push fans away. So even if the rest of the game might get better, a lot of people might not want to see it through to that point.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

To be fair I thought it was troutty dialogue too but:

(SPOILER)Cora trained with Asari Commando's and rarely shows any kind of emotion other than a brief moment of anger in private. In one of the private conversations on the Tempest later on, she even talks about how her training got her to leave her emotions and feelings behind etc. Her entire character is very blunt and by the book and emotionless, which kind of explains her earlier behaviour. She is pretty much the polar opposite of Liam, for example, who is very empathetic etc.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Reviews are out now. They range from alright to good. It currently stands at 75 on Metacritic. Apparently it does get better after the initial hours. it's not a bad game but it has disappointing technical problems and writing that jumps around from sorry to solid.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Well I'm still hyped. I don't want to read any reviews or let the recent backlash shape my perception of the game. If I hate it once I'm done with it then I'll be disappointed, but the possibility of space adventures is too great to pass up.

75 on Metacritic. Just to compare that to the scores the game got on PS3...ME1 had an 85, ME2 had a 94 and ME3 had a 92.

Critically, this game is a major disappointment compared to its predecessors. I think reviews are important in this instance because its the 4th game in the series and doesn't hold up nearly as well.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Articles

Bloody hell, even IGN gave it a 7.7. IGN. For a triple A game that's basically a 2/10 from them.