Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6162021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect: Andromeda | Official Thread

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Bubba and TSoL are also playing default male!

My twin ryder is custom too, he has a smurfboi haircut and isn't crazy colors like my fem but he doesn't look bad? A lot of hte presets before you fiddle on males were bad though. It was easier on Female

Articles
    Blog Entries

I don't think I could ever use a default face. I don't know, I just love Character Creation too much, even if I spend half an hour getting just the right bone structure.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I like to imagine the scar came from the time she was mauled by a tiger as a teenager.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Tried multiplayer and that's hella fun!

You get extra bonus packs for owning ME3 and DA:I

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Just encountered a harmless and silly little glitch (no spoilers, I promise)

https://twitter.com/unknowinglycrab/...61156438147075

Oh Bioware.

EDIT: ahahahah right after I uploaded this I then talked to Vetra next to him, the screen went black and I was talking to nobody. And then it teleported me halfway across the ship. Wowzers.

Sounds like normal space behaviour

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yup, default male for me. My play time is pretty limited and I wasn't prepared to spend an hour of it creating some freak show candidate. He's no Shepard, but default Ryder is pleasant enough on the eye.

Only a couple of hours in but enjoying it so far. (SPOILER)Daddy pathfinder is dead and I also failed in finding Greer and the poor bastard had been horribly mutilated on some operating table. Whoops, sorry pal.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

So i was on Veold and

(SPOILER) I found a remnant Architect and holy crap was that a long and intense fight with a giant robot in the freezing weather. That was intense, i was just doing a damn side quest

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I dont' have time for a 20 minute video, you're insane.

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

I am pretty far into Andromeda and will admit that the game needs some patching on the glitches and the whole save thing. Just annoying things that aren't game breaking but annoying.

The writing isn't not bad. If someone is telling you the writing is bad then they probably haven't spend enough time on the internet to come across truly bad writing. The writing is decent, sometimes having really strong moments but usually just average writing. As a series that is big on storytelling and dialogue people might say it is bad but it is really not that horrible. Moreover, comparing the emotional investment you have in characters that you have known over the arc of a trilogy to the cast of single game, kinda foolish.

Andromeda is much more organic. Your squadmates develop relationships and have conversations outside of you. The worlds are huge and plenty to explore. They feel much more lived in and organic. Things are not so centered on the player as much. This allows for the feeling of exploration to be there. I have spent as much time pushing the "main plot" as doing side quests and other things. And while there are still plenty of fetch quests that riddles the genre (usually labelled as tasks) the bigger planetary and personal missions are pretty well done and give you a good sense of satisfaction.

Oh, and the combat is amazing. I am a biotic god that all cower before me. Though I feel the leveling a bit too fast paced. I am already at 32 and according to the game I am not even half way done. Usually by this level in ME games I am at the end. So leveling pacing is weird like it was in FFXV.

Oh, and I am disappointed for the gay romance options. I don't have a squadmate as a choice. I get one crew member and someone on another planet who is missable. Both humans. No alien sex for me. I am disappointed mostly because it was their Montreal studio that made this game. Montreal is one of the most queer-friendly cities in the country but apparently their other studios that are in the heart of conservative areas can do better for LGBT romance. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    I dont' have time for a 20 minute video, you're insane.
    It's basically a showcase of all the bugs, glitches, wonky animations, dialogue and other things wrong with the game.

Some of the bugs and glitches are hilarious.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Girlfriend just finished the game a few hours ago. And only ran across a few bugs. Certainly they detracted a little, most were amusing to her however, and none of them were game-breaking

Also she enjoyed it enough to immediately start another game. It should also probably be noted that she got distracted from Horizon: Zero Dawn to play this game. It's certainly not a disaster of technology, and is capable of being highly enjoyable. And like previously mentioned, the writing isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be. Especially once you get past the beginning

The bits and pieces I've seen through her have me anticipating my own playthrough once I'm done with Horizon, Gravity Rush, and Nier

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I've clocked around 20 hours of Andromeda, I'm at about 21% completion.

Aye there are bugs - no trout, but if you let that put you off what is an amazing game then well, your loss honestly.

I love that it's different to the original trilogy, I love the interactions, I love listening to my squadmates chat when I'm driving the NOMAD. There's LOTS to love in this game, there's some things that aren't great, but mostly this has been a really enjoyable gaming experience for me and for the most part the game looks STUNNING.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    So i was on Veold and

(SPOILER) I found a remnant Architect and holy crap was that a long and intense fight with a giant robot in the freezing weather. That was intense, i was just doing a damn side quest
    Oh man yeah I just randomly came across that last night too, that was some proper (SPOILER)Shadow of the Colossus trout right there. It was really tricky balancing my temperature with being in cover/being in good positions to open fire on the bastard whenever it was weak. A really good and well thought out boss battle imho.