Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Tales of Berseria | Official Thread

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    It is.

You do know wikipedia is a thing that exists, right?
    Well, maybe I thought my friends would also know the answer. And I prefer hearing answers from people I know.

Clearly, that's a mistake.

For the record, I have no issues with a good dub in games! I always watch anime subbed, but games go either way depending on the quality and if I desperately want to study or not. So Xillia, for example, I am super happy to have played in English because I absolutely adore Minae Noji's performance as Milla. And Vesperia just wouldn't be the same without Troy Baker and Michelle Ruff. I like to find examples of the major performances ahead of time and then make the call.

Man, now I've mentioned Michelle Ruff I need my Rita Mordio fix. I sure hope you have a character of that caliber, Berseria!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ah, well, when you're learning a language that is certainly a great tool!

Articles
    Blog Entries

I definitely attach myself to good dubbing. I can't think of Kanji from Persona 4 without thinking of Troy Baker or Matthew Mercer.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

This is actually my reward for finishing most of my goals this month. EXCITTTEEEEE

Not interested. Tales, IMO, has never been good since Symphonia.

Quote Originally Posted by Squall Leonhart Loire View Post
    Not interested. Tales, IMO, has never been good since Symphonia.
    What was the last one you played? I much prefer both Vesperia and Xillia to Symphonia (which was good for its time but has aged terribly).

The main plot has now kicked off in Berseria. I AM SO INTO THIS RIGHT NOW. Velvet is great!!!

Just picked the game up. Looking forward to spending the next week or so playing through this. The opening theme is incredible.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Quote Originally Posted by Scruffington View Post
    Just picked the game up. Looking forward to spending the next week or so playing through this. The opening theme is incredible.
    I love how it starts off so gently and you're like "Oh is this it?" and then suddenly HOLY TROUT IT'S VELVET TIME

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I thought Vesperia was terrible, except for the combat. Same for Graces.

Xillia and Xillia 2 are good.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    I thought Vesperia was terrible, except for the combat.
    Huh, TIL it's possible to dislike Vesperia. I'm doubly surprised the only thing you like is the combat, which I find exceedingly slow and unresponsive. I mean it's tolerable but it's not one of my Vesperia highlights.

Berseria continues to be awesome so far. It... it could end up being the best one. My most significant criticism so far is the field/dungeon designs are fairly bland compared to the intricate locations that existed pre-Xillia... although I will take bland over infuriating block pushing puzzles any day of the week THANK YOU VERY MUCH GRACES F

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    I love how it starts off so gently and you're like "Oh is this it?" and then suddenly HOLY TROUT IT'S VELVET TIME
    Totally. I thought Zestiria had a great opening, but man Berseria's is on a whole different level.

I'm not even two hours in and I'm already tempted to call Berseria the best Tales game I've played. Seriously good so far.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Quote Originally Posted by Scruffington View Post
    Totally. I thought Zestiria had a great opening, but man Berseria's is on a whole different level.
    The full version of the OP (BURN by Flow) is, somehow, even better. It's an incredibly creative song even without Ufotable's great animation. I went and bought it from Amazon (along with Kaze no Uta from the "Zestiria the X" anime) because... damn.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    I thought Vesperia was terrible, except for the combat.
    Huh, TIL it's possible to dislike Vesperia. I'm doubly surprised the only thing you like is the combat, which I find exceedingly slow and unresponsive. I mean it's tolerable but it's not one of my Vesperia highlights.

Berseria continues to be awesome so far. It... it could end up being the best one. My most significant criticism so far is the field/dungeon designs are fairly bland compared to the intricate locations that existed pre-Xillia... although I will take bland over infuriating block pushing puzzles any day of the week THANK YOU VERY MUCH GRACES F
    The story is just so uninteresting and cliché.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?