Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm glad to be of service xD

Looks like I seriously underestimated just how long this Platinum Trophy would take.

"A Solid B" is by far the most time consuming trophy in the game. Probably one of the most lengthy trophies I've ever had to grind for, honestly. I was hoping to be finished with the 100% today, but man..looks like I still have a ways to go.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

I watched my friend play and personally, despite being only 1/10 of the budget for FFXV, it's fundamentally a better RPG.

Quote Originally Posted by Squall Leonhart Loire View Post
    I watched my friend play and personally, despite being only 1/10 of the budget for FFXV, it's fundamentally a better RPG.
    Yup, I agree with that wholeheartedly. It also has a much better cast of characters which shouldn't be the case as that's supposedly what XV sacrificed everything else in order to focus on.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Dang Laphicet went badass all of a sudden

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Hangover Velvet is best Velvet. She needs a purse dog.

Finally got the Platinum Trophy. Now I can finally move onto writing my review.

I think after this, I'm going to work on my reviews before I finish the Platinum trophies for games. Should have my review finished tomorrow or Thursday.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Here is my full review of Berseria.

Some feedback and critique would be appreciated. This is my first review of a game.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Oh, I've got a question for you Tales fans: after I've finished Tales of Xillia, is there any recommendation as to which Tales game to play next? Should it be Zesteria, or Berseria, or even one of the earlier ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    Oh, I've got a question for you Tales fans: after I've finished Tales of Xillia, is there any recommendation as to which Tales game to play next? Should it be Zesteria, or Berseria, or even one of the earlier ones?
    The next game is Xillia 2, but I honestly couldn't stand playing it for more than a few hours.

I'd recommend Zestiria as it's the next game. I actually really enjoyed it too, although a lot of people felt differently.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Can you live with a silent protagonist (who should never have been a silent protagonist in a million years)? If yes, play Xillia 2, it follows on from and builds nicely upon Xillia 1.

Then I would say go for Vesperia if you possibly can, because it'll be your last chance before Berseria makes it feel a bit too archaic.

Then play Berseria. Skip Zestiria entirely. Maybe you'll like it, maybe not, but I would say it is the modern Tales Of game that has the highest probability of putting you off the series. It's like the FFXIII of Tales.

Symphonia is the best. Although it's the last one I actually played.

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Then play Berseria. Skip Zestiria entirely. Maybe you'll like it, maybe not, but I would say it is the modern Tales Of game that has the highest probability of putting you off the series. It's like the FFXIII of Tales.
    Totally disagree about Zestiria. That game is super underrated.

Berseria is also a prequel to Zestiria, and playing through Zestiria first will make you appreciate Berseria even more.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Can you live with a silent protagonist (who should never have been a silent protagonist in a million years)? If yes, play Xillia 2, it follows on from and builds nicely upon Xillia 1.

Then I would say go for Vesperia if you possibly can, because it'll be your last chance before Berseria makes it feel a bit too archaic.

Hey, I liked FFXIII!

But in all seriousness, what about Zesteria was iffy? Was it the characters, or the plot?

I didn't know Xillia 2 had a silent protagonist. That seems strange, but not a deal-breaker. I suppose the good thing with Vesperia is that it is probably rather cheap at this point. And I do want to play a Tales game in-between Xillia and Xillia 2 so I'm not constantly in Xillia-world.