WW: March 3, 2017

Price
    ----------------

USD: $299
    JP: ¥29,980
    EURO: £279.99
    AUD: $469.95
    CAD: $399.99

This thread is for everything Nintendo Switch related. There is another thread dealing with the Switch, but I figured it would be better to have a thread with a more informative title and concise information in the original post. All news and information regarding Nintendo's newest system goes here.

Recently, the Nintendo Switch's full specs were revealed.

What are you looking forward to most with the Nintendo Switch?
    Last edited by Scruffington; 01-30-2017 at 04:25 PM.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

What am I not looking forward to with the Switch? Personally, I've always enjoyed handhelds more than consoles. Not really sure why, but maybe because I tend to like to lay around and change positions while gaming and relaxing? Or maybe because it makes it a more personal and immersive experience for me? Not sure, but I like handhelds better. So I'm excited to see what the system can do. Breath of the Wild is certainly a stunning setpiece to start with.

Plus, the system is an absolute marvel of engineering, which is something I always tend to respect.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Newest trailer for the Nintendo Switch is out. I personally think this trailer is really well done, and I honestly hope the Switch is a success.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

That's a nice commercial and all but if you play a Zelda game while cooking you are either going to get Link killed or burn your house down.

So far the thing that bothers me most about the Switch is that the pro controller is not included and costs an absurd amount of money for a controller. They don't show someone playing it on a TV using the little stick controllers for a reason.

Aside from that, I like the idea of the Switch as a console/handheld hybrid in concept. I hope it lives up to that.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    That's a nice commercial and all but if you play a Zelda game while cooking you are either going to get Link killed or burn your house down.

So far the thing that bothers me most about the Switch is that the pro controller is not included and costs an absurd amount of money for a controller. They don't show someone playing it on a TV using the little stick controllers for a reason.

Aside from that, I like the idea of the Switch as a console/handheld hybrid in concept. I hope it lives up to that.
    They actually do in the extended cut, though not for very long, and it is a kid doing so:

EDIT:
    http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...online_service

Pricing revealed for online service. 18-25 dollars a YEAR.
    Last edited by Skyblade; 02-01-2017 at 06:05 PM.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Does the middle thingy the controller sticks fit into to make it a single controller come with the Switch or is that separate?

Some of the motion control stuff shown in the extended commercial gives off a Wii vibe, which may be good since that was a big success for Nintendo.

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Does the middle thingy the controller sticks fit into to make it a single controller come with the Switch or is that separate?
    That comes with it.
    "Use the included Joy‑Con grip to combine both Joy‑Con into a traditional-style controller."

There are also plans for different varieties of Joy-Cons, such as ones with a D-Pad, though we have no confirmed details on what these alternatives may be (and they'll cost extra).

Some of the motion control stuff shown in the extended commercial gives off a Wii vibe, which may be good since that was a big success for Nintendo.
    Indeed. I really wish 1-2 Switch was a pack-in title. It feels perfect for it, and I'm really not sure how well it will do on its own at that price. It doesn't seem like the sort of game that people will go hunt down to buy, but one they'd love to have with the system to play with friends/at parties the way Wii Sports was.

I'm loving that annual price for the online service, though. As long as they can deliver solid online performance with their dedicated servers, and offer reliable online, I'm absolutely on board at that price.

Articles
    Blog Entries

1-2 Switch should definitely have come included, similar to what Wii Sports was to the Wii. The system is very expensive (especially the controllers, sheesh) and I don't think people would go out of their way to purchase 1-2 Switch. I mean, i enjoyed Wii Sports, but I wouldn't purchase it.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Not including 1-2 Switch as a pack-in title is a huge mistake. Wii Sports basically made the Wii.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I'm also in the camp that thinks 1-2 Switch should've been included. For a lot of gamers, I'll even guess casual gamers, it doesn't seem like something you'd make an effort to go out to buy. They could've included it pre-installed onto the system, like the 2DS now has Mario Kart 7. Probably wouldn't have taken too much space.

Skip to 3:48

Welcome to 2017.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Necronopticous View Post

Welcome to 2017.
    I didn't see this one. It's different from the Superbowl one.

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Necronopticous View Post

Welcome to 2017.
    I didn't see this one. It's different from the Superbowl one.
    It's from Nintendo UK, while the Super Bowl one is Nintendo of America. Makes sense to have a commercial for other regions.

How do you all think they compare?

I've basically given up on there being any chance of any retailer having the Switch in stock for preorder.

Looks like I'm going to have to wait outside for this one if I want it on launch day. Still undecided if I'll do it or not. I haven't done that for a game system since the Wii came out in 2006.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Crazy to think that the Nintendo Switch comes out next Friday. I've hardly seen any buzz around the new system since the Switch Direct last month.

I'm sure excitement will pick up for the console again as soon as it gets released though.

Pull my Devil Trigger!