Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Horizon: Zero Dawn | Official Thread

Default Horizon: Zero Dawn | Official Thread

Release Date
    ----------------

NA: February 28, 2017
    PAL: March 1, 2017

Horizon: Zero Dawn is Guerilla Games' first attempt at an RPG game. It has been in development since 2011 after they released Killzone 3.

I personally think this game looks absolutely gorgeous. It is definitely one of the most exciting and ambitious titles of the year, and I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Thank you for making this official thread. There were a lot of threads out there but I was waiting for the one officially endorsed by Scruffington before I posted.

This game looks intriguing so I'm keeping tabs on it. I'll wait to see the reviews, though, because it could be hit or miss. Fighting robot dinosaurs with a bow and arrow does sound kind of silly though.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Thank you for making this official thread. There were a lot of threads out there but I was waiting for the one officially endorsed by Scruffington before I posted.

This game looks intriguing so I'm keeping tabs on it. I'll wait to see the reviews, though, because it could be hit or miss. Fighting robot dinosaurs with a bow and arrow does sound kind of silly though.
    I've never played a game made by Guerilla Games, but I was totally hooked on this the moment I saw the first trailer back at E3.

The idea of using primitive technology (bows and arrows) to fight large, mechanical creatures sounds incredible to me. It looks visually appealing.

I am worried about the dialogue, story and characterization considering this is GG's first attempt at an RPG. I might wait for reviews too.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

It's one of the games I'm looking forward to most this year.

It had better be good, for the sake of the developers. It's their first non-Killzone game and the press has hyped it to high heaven.

I hope this is an RPG about AIs.

Quote Originally Posted by Scruffington View Post
    I am worried about the dialogue, story and characterization considering this is GG's first attempt at an RPG. I might wait for reviews too.
    Smartly, they seem to be aware of their inexperience and have brought in some key talent, such as John Gonzalez (lead writer of Fallout: New Vegas).

I really, really like the setting. I dunno what to expect really, I'm expecting something like "New Tomb Raider mixed with Far Cry with robo-dinosaurs". If the plot is half decent that could be a winner. I'm kinda sick of open world questing for the most part these days but the uniqueness of the setting may well be enough to hold me on it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Yeah I'm pretty hyped for this. I'll probably be grabbing it on initial release, so fingers crossed it doesn't disappoint.

WHAT DOES ZERO DAWN EVEN MEAN

Other than that, go motherland!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Here's 20 min of the game.

Game has also gone gold today.

FFXIV Character

Well I just saw this clip that's floating around and well.... let's just say my hyped has died a bit.

I REALLY hope it's not representative of the game as a whole because...good God.

Great, another boring open world game. Sigh... will this horrible trend ever end?

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    Well I just saw this clip that's floating around and well.... let's just say my hyped has died a bit.

I REALLY hope it's not representative of the game as a whole because...good God.
    Wow that video is brutal. Is that a side quest or a main story quest? I'm really hoping it's the former.

Everything about this video concerns me, from the static background image to the awful voice acting, to the fairly poor dialogue. I'm not willing to write the whole game off just yet, but man does this video look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Squall Leonhart Loire View Post
    Great, another boring open world game. Sigh... will this horrible trend ever end?
    Normally I would agree with you as I am also getting tired of open world games, however I think what sets this one apart is its setting, enemy designs and story.

I really hope it's a success.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

ashley burch is aloy

this is so different than tiny tina

Reviews for the game are now live. Currently sitting at an 89 on Metacritic.

I'm actually surprised by how good the reviews are for this game. I think because of them, I'll definitely be picking this up soon. Maybe even at launch.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

FFXIV Character

Yeah, I'm relieved that reviews are so high. They exceptionally high actually. I've read five different reviews and they all make the game sound fantastic in every aspect.

I just pre-ordered.
    I like Kung-Fu.