Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | Official Thread

Downloaded the DLC pack and what is the first thing I do? Spend close to half an hour watching my 225 hour progress from beginning to end.

ymLSu7O.jpg

It was fun being able to recognize specific moments just by how the little green line moved around. Some of the icons I placed on the map helped me recall some as well.

I also like that it tracks ALL deaths, not just game over ones.

Hard Mode has changed my playstyle far more than I expected. Although all the enemies are buffed up, weapons aren't. Hence, you're going at Blue Bokoblins with base level gear. Which means you can burn through your entire weapon inventory on just one or two foes. The game goes from "what's the best way to take these foes on" to "how can I evade and survive until I get more powerful". It's a nice change, at least, so far. And with a Lynel on the Great Plateau, I expect things are only going to get rougher from here on out.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

I'm itching to try Master Mode, but I still have work to do in my first playthrough. All the new items have been collected and the Korok mask is SO nice for hunting down those little buggers. So many random instances that would be a pain to scout out if not for a hint.

There's also Hero's Trial I need to do. I probably would have tackled that today, but SGDQ has distracted me.

DEGjO45XcAA8OQk.jpg

Stumbled into this while playing Master Mode. The Fierce Deity armor is great, but I just had to laugh at that comment with those eyes.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

I have finally upgraded all base game armor pieces sans some of the Gerudo jewelry. Everything else are Amiibo rewards that need a bunch of Star Fragments.

Soon I need to attempt the Hero trial since I already collected all the new armor pieces (that fortunately or unfortunately can't be upgraded). Also still stalking the three new Zelda Amiibos for availability again.

C_VWp6SU0AA09Jz.jpg
    Random screenshot.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'm almost done with this masterpiece. Just need to find a few more shrines and then the final assault on Hyrule Castle. I wandered in there a couple times and it looks like quite the challenge.

My kids are loving this game. They call it 'Link game' and my son asks me to play it almost every day. They love cooking and helping me pick ingredients to cook. I also let them play a little on their own (they're only 3 so they just run around). They like jumping and climbing and using the magnet power and throwing bombs. For some reason my son likes throwing Link's weapon as soon as he gets the controller so I have to make sure it's a crappy weapon. He also gets very scared when the enemy music starts and yells for me to come back so I can hit the bad guys for him. My daughter though does not care at all about the bad guys and just runs circles around them like it's nothing. She also doesn't care that much if Link runs off a cliff or drowns on her watch. No fear, that one.

They are also very smart and tell me to use my fire arrows on ice enemies and ice arrows on fire enemies. No joke, during one of the boss fights I couldn't figure out how to hit it since it had a lightning shield and my son said 'maybe you should use your magnets' (on the metal spikes it shoots at you)... How did you know that, boy??

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Del and Miriel are raising those kids right!

Articles
    Blog Entries

I rushed through the game on my friend's Wii U (he let me borrow it because he got the game on a Switch). This game might honestly be my favorite game of the decade. For me personally, Zelda has always been more engaging when the exploration to dungeon ratio leaned more on the exploration side, so I'm obviously biased (that being said, I still think A Link to the Past has brilliant dungeon design and is the one example where I enjoy a Zelda game more for the dungeons than the exploration). Majora's Mask and Wind Waker are my favorite Zelda's because of this; the joy was less about doing a level filled with puzzles and combat and more about solving the mysteries of the land. Unlike most Zelda's, the game isn't about a Hero travelling through dungeons to collect Macguffins and save the world; it's about learning to navigate and survive a world filled with natural hazards as well as bloodthirsty monsters. Hell, my favorite moments in the game have less to do with the game's story and more to do with discovering how to finally reach the Goron Village on Death Mountain despite the sweltering heat, or stumbling upon the Gerudo Village when originally I was just exploring the nearby mountain range for the sake of it.

The whole game is about survival; thinking about how you want to progress and obtaining the materials to make it a reality. I LOVE the weapon durability because it reinforces this Link as a hunter-gatherer. You have to make difficult decisions with the limited resources you have, and giving a weapon infinite durability would cheapen that element of the game design.

Anyway, this was me gushing about BotW; I can't wait for Nintendo to reissue the Switch this Holiday Season so I can get the game with both DLCs and take my time with the game.
    Returners Represent!

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Finally got a hold of a switch and this game. Seems pretty fantastic so far. I tend to get burnt out on most open world games pretty quick though, so hopefully I'll get around to beating this.

Good new is that the game is beatable almost from the get go. If you ever grow tired you can always rush it to see the ending.

I still haven't finished the Hero's Trial yet. I've just been to tired to have the resolve to tackle it lately. I missed out on pre-ordering the Champion Amiibos, too. They were available not long ago, but it was taking to long trying to get it done on my phone at work. By the time I was home they were gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Well, from the game itself, we know that the war 10,000 years prior to BotW took place thousands of years after Ocarina of Time. So, it would seem to be one of the latest games in the timeline.

I finished the first part of the Trial of the Sword and was relieved to discover it was broken up. The third to last room cheesed me hard right in the beginning. The killer is the last time I tried I was right at the end before I died.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Finally started actually playing this game. It’s fantastic! I really like seeing the people’s schedules in the towns and how they react to stuff like rain. It’s pretty cool.

I finished my first divine beast at Zora’s domain. I liked how Prince Sidon just kept being really encouraging the whole way through. He was a swell guy.

I’m currently hanging out with Garuda.

Finishing Vah Ruta first will definitely give you an edge early on. Mipha's Grace is a God send when you're still low on hearts and have fewer armor options. Vah Naboris of the Gerudo is by far the most difficult and I, of course, ended up there first and got slapped around.

I'm thrilled that I finally got the last Zelda Amiibo I was missing (TP Link). A $20 import version, but better than waiting forever for GameStop to never restock. Also finished up most of the DLC content. I haven't done everything in the second pack just because I maxed my armor inventory and don't want to sell anything to get the rest of the pieces (come on, Nintendo, just patch in one more page).

Outside of that it's just continuing to hunt for Koroks.