Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | Official Thread

Default The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | Official Thread

Release Date
    ----------------

WW: March 3, 2017

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild officially releases on March 3, 2017 for both the Nintendo Switch and Wii U.

Recently, it was reported in a Eurogamer article that the official Nintendo guide on Amazon revealed some new information about the game. It will apparently have 120 Shrine mini-dungeons, 900 Korok seed puzzles, and 76 side quests.

Personally, I'm just hoping the main dungeons are as good as Zelda dungeons always are. What are you looking forward to most about Zelda: BoTW?

Last edited by Scruffington; 01-30-2017 at 06:34 PM.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I don't give two craps about how many repetitive fetch quests or monster hunts there are in this game. As you said, as long as the dungeons are on par with the series' legacy then I'm sold. Hopefully it doesn't go too deep into the 'open world RPG time sink' genre.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

How do you know it's repetitive and the game isn't out yet?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Oh I'm just being obtuse.

I'm looking forward to the story the most actually. It seems like the story telling is different from the other Zelda games, especially with the voice acting and all, so I'm looking forward to seeing how the story will be told.

I'm also worried that there's going to be a lot of fetch quests and busywork in this game. Nintendo isn't exactly known for making open world games or good side quests. The industry now seems to be trending towards big, empty sandboxes with little substance to them. I'm optimistic though; Nintendo has never made a bad Zelda game. I'm pretty confident they'll do a good job.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyndis Highwind View Post
    I'm looking forward to the story the most actually. It seems like the story telling is different from the other Zelda games, especially with the voice acting and all, so I'm looking forward to seeing how the story will be told.
    After Skyward Sword, Nintendo has proved they can make a great story. SS has the best story in the entire series, period.

I'm disappointed that BotW won't have Japanese voices with English subtitles. You either get everything in JP or everything in ENG. Which is disappointing, because I felt that the performance from Zelda's voice actress from the recent trailer was very weak from the NA voice actress compared to the JP version.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

The sidequests in Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask were legit. I have no worries in that. I think that 900 is a typo though. 900! That's ridiculous. I love everything I've seen of this game and I can feel that I'm going to be a horse collector looking for that right horse with the right stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    The sidequests in Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask were legit. I have no worries in that. I think that 900 is a typo though. 900! That's ridiculous. I love everything I've seen of this game and I can feel that I'm going to be a horse collector looking for that right horse with the right stats.
    Eh, a typo actually seems unlikely, given what we've seen of the world so far. This game world is big. The Great Plateau starting area (which is itself pretty expansive, and is all that was shown off in the demos and such that people have played, at least until recently, I don't know if the stables are a part of that Plateau or not) is 1% of the world, and analysis of the world map seems to indicate that, yeah, that's not an invalid claim. And Nintendo has said that they've done their best to fill the game world with as much content, and varying content, as they could.

Also, good interview here, that gives a little insight into their design philosophy:

My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Hard Mode, behind a paywall. I'm not for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    Hard Mode, behind a paywall. I'm not for that.
    Agreed. To me the positives are the low price, and the near guarantee that the pass will have good content. Unfortunately, I still strongly dislike having to pay for expansion passes and I absolutely dislike the idea that Hard Mode is behind a paywall.

That said, at least the game won't have any cut content and will be shipped as a complete game (unlike a certain Fantastic companies' newest game).

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    I don't give two craps about how many repetitive fetch quests or monster hunts there are in this game. As you said, as long as the dungeons are on par with the series' legacy then I'm sold. Hopefully it doesn't go too deep into the 'open world RPG time sink' genre.
    Well, Zelda was never an RPG to begin with.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yeah, that's the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Squall Leonhart Loire View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Well, Zelda was never an RPG to begin with.
    That may be what you think and some RPG haters who defend the Adventure aspect of Zelda to death but Zelda games have plenty of more RPG heart in them than other games that you guys accept as RPG. Even the creators back in the days called Zelda RPG so I see no problem with that. Especially not as an RPG fan. I see no problem of a genre-mix.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I really loathe the visuals/art style. I'll probably end up playing it eventually just to use my Wii U one last time.
    I like Kung-Fu.