Sure the games are now old and out of date but we PS1 gamers can say this.

1. We had the most Final Fantasy game titles released. We had Final Fantasy I, II, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, and IX all on 1 system. When I recall PS2 only having Final Fantasy X, XI, and XII. Sadly Final Fantasy XIII was the main game for the PS3 era. Also the PS4 is still new and I won't go there.

2. We seen Squaresoft become really successful and seen the transition to Squarenix. The games changed but the fanbase still stayed strong.

3. We didn't have analog controllers for most of our games. That is right, most PS1 controllers weren't fleshed out with two joysticks. We had to buy memory cards and didn't have to worry about updates!

4. We were the first to play 3d games! Yeah before there was great graphics like X and after, there was 2d games and that was fine to many players.

5. PS2 was backwards compatible making all our games just as great!

There is many things PS1 players liked about the square-soft titles. Mainly graphics and well accepted gameplay. Sure there are imports on almost all systems but VII, VIII, and IX were really well received. /end-rant