Thread: Resident Evil 7: Biohazard | Official Thread

Default Resident Evil 7: Biohazard | Official Thread

Release Date
    ----------------

WW: January 24, 2017
    JP: January 26, 2017

Resident Evil 7: Biohazard is the latest installment in the Resident Evil series. It returns the series to its survival horror roots, while also diverging from the series' traditional formula by using a first person perspective.

Currently, the game has high metacritic scores (88 on PC, 85 on PS4, and 86 on Xbox One) with many critics considering this game a return to form for the series.

Has anyone had a chance to play it so far? What are your thoughts?

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Waaaaaay out of my comfort zone. I don't do horror, and I definitely don't do first-person horror. I think I'd literally die if I used the virtual reality component of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    Waaaaaay out of my comfort zone. I don't do horror, and I definitely don't do first-person horror. I think I'd literally die if I used the virtual reality component of it.
    I don't play too many horror games, but I definitely don't mind some (Resident Evil and Dead Space are really good series to me). Speaking of comfort zones...I only played about thirty minutes of this game before it took me out of mine.

This game made me physically ill. Nauseous. It has to do with the FOV and the way the camera bobbles, but I was literally feeling sick while playing this game. I can handle other FPS games like Destiny perfectly fine, but this game is really messing with me. I haven't experienced this feeling since I played Metroid Prime on the Wii, which also made me very nauseous.

I plan to give this game another chance as soon as I'm finished playing Tales of Berseria. Apparently there are some settings I can use to fix it.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Yeah I believe there is a way to turn off the head bob.

I've played the first section and it seems decent. Looking forward to digging in a bit further.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I've been trying to play this game but I've turned int a big frady cat and I dread jump scares. So far the furthest I've gotten is right after you enter the house next to the fire where you find what's-her-name's purse. The inside of the house is so damn creepy and the first person view makes it ten times more terrifying than it would be otherwise.

I really want to play through it. I just need to build up the courage.

Played it. Beat it. Loved it. It's not perfect but it is extremely good. Capcom turned over a new leaf in a great way

I finally played through the game. Cleared the whole thing in about 2-3 nights.

What a great game. Resident Evil 7 cleared up any uncertainties I had about the franchise, and it's clearly alive and well. I might write an actual review of it, but overall it's a fantastic game that is well worth anyone's time and money.

I think it's got me motivated to play through the next two games in the series I haven't finished! Namely RE6 and RE1. I'll probably start with RE1 though. :P

Pull my Devil Trigger!