Thread: Persona 5 | Official Thread

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm kind of running out of steam on this game, honestly. I like it, it's fun and for a while I played it very consistently, but now I kind of wish it was done.

So far I like it more than P3P but less than P4G

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin View Post
    I'm kind of running out of steam on this game, honestly. I like it, it's fun and for a while I played it very consistently, but now I kind of wish it was done.

By the game's end, you'll be wishing it weren't.

For me, its been 10 days since I got the platinum trophy. I'm still thinking about the game, and I'm still listening to some of the OST.

I honestly can't even remember the last time I was so passionate about a video game in the last few years.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I kept thinking we were about to hit the end and then it just kept on going and going. It kind of Lord of the Ringsed it.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post

I kept thinking we were about to hit the end and then it just kept on going and going. It kind of Lord of the Ringsed it.
    The escalation within the story is pretty palpable. I'm in September and trying to figure out how this game is going to keep going for another few months in-game time. I'm already over 70 hours in but it hardly feels like it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    It's all about getting Arabahki, he is almost always a highlight for me when he actually shows up in the game cause dude reflects Physical and Gun.
    Oh, I got an Arahabaki too! Quite a bit of the time I was deciding between Shiki-Ouji and Arahabaki - the former has higher stats and less weaknesses, but Repel Physical is hella useful. Ended up using both throughout the game.

I've heard a lot of people talk about it this way. My brother had never played a Persona game before and after about 50 hours into P5, he's pretty much dropped it.

On the other hand, a couple of my friends who played P3 and P4 said that they felt P5 was more of the same, in terms of storyline at least. I'd kinda agree with them...the storyline was far from the highlight of the game.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Honestly, I feel P5 has the best story of the new generation Persona games. The fact it feels like more of a focus for once has helped me stay invested. I mean the cast hits that odd sweet spot of being very flawed but still likable and the game's framing device is a neat concept,especially when it comes back to play after each "chapter" and when you unlock a new confidant. Maybe I'll feel differently when I reach the end, but I keep pushing forward because I really want to know where it's going to go.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I am feeling super sad for Morgana right now

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

So here's a question for people playing: Who did you choose to date?

I'm aware that you can date everyone at once if you want to, but I'm curious to know which girl won your heart?

Mine is pretty obvious...

P5_portrait_of_Tae's_casual_attire.png

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I romanced Chihaya, but my next playthrough I plan to do Haru because she is super presh

I'm aware that you can date everyone at once if you want to, but I'm curious to know which girl won your heart?

This one would as well.

ღმერთის შვილი შეეხო და მითხრა, რომ ანგელოზთა ფეხები მომეხია.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Some P5 thoughts now that I'm getting close to starting November...

Dear Haru, stop being a goddamn tease and establish a social link with me already, you're the last one I need to open and we've had two really adorable bonding moments and you still won't seal the deal. I don't want your money or to get in your pants, I just need to start making some Empress Personas.

Holy crap Atlus, October is just gone... what happened?! Well a lot actually...

I still have a love/hate relationship with the concept of using your social skills as requirements to complete social links. I'm sitting on four social links I want to complete that I can't because I need maxed out Charm, Proficiency, and Kindness. I don't have time to pour anymore evenings into maxing those out. Three of them are some of my favorite characters as well.

I have officially hit that moment of knowing I probably only have three months of in-game time left, of which a good half of that is going to be filled with story stuff so I really now only have a month and a half to complete all my Confidants. Let the panic commence.

With that said, I've completed two social links so far, and close to finishing up two more. This is not counting the story based ones who automatically rank up throughout the game.

I'm having trouble choosing between Takemi, the Temperance teacher and Makoto. I'm leaning towards Makoto for my first playthrough but I'm still unsure.

As for making time for the social skills, I'll probably have to start a New Game + with them maxed or close to maxed to do a complete Confidant run next time, assuming there is a New Game + option.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

There's a New Game + mode, so no worries. I think only the first game and Innocent Sin didn't have a NG+ mode.

Makoto and the Home Room teacher are my second choices as well. Makoto is just so adorable and won me over with her "expert" shadowing skills. She's just so adorkable it hurts.

Also, I am so freaking happy, because I finally found Tanaka in the game, I was so sad when he wasn't running the home shopping network show anymore but I finally found him in the game and his theme is still there as well.

Now that I plugged in a new hard drive for my console, I have to download updates for all of my old games. Persona is one of the few ready to play out of the box aside from optional stuff like the Japanese audio, which I wasn't using anyway. So I decided to get back into it while I slowly download everything else over the next few days. And immediately was reminded how I got my last game-over which was similar to Lucky Punch but called Meiha or something, and it almost did it to me again. Fortunately he followed up against a different character and I wasn't immediately slapped down

Here's hoping I can enjoy the rest of the game in relative peace...lol (Because I'm also reminded how much I really liked it before my 3 game-over marathons)

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well, November happened.

Thought I would share another silly video: