Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 26789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Persona 5 | Official Thread

Persona 5 has cracked my top 5 games of all time. Maybe even my top 3 at this point.

I think anyone who is a fan of RPGs or Japanese games owes it to themselves to play this masterpiece. One of the greatest games ever made.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Figured I would resurrect this thread because we have some news about P5R.

Atlus is set to reveal more information about Persona 5 R tomorrow (March 23, 2019), following the Persona 5: The Animation anime special.

What do you think Persona 5 R is?

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The popular consensus is that it's very likely going to be P5's version of FES and Golden, which I totally expected and depending on what they do for it, will be quite welcome.

I actually just returned to the game after several months and finished it in a few days (the story really picks up after it catches up to the present!) I was quite close to completing the last few Confidants - kind of bummed I ran out of time but at least my social stats are maxed. I ended up picking Makoto after turning down a bunch of people - I felt bad about turning down Haru but after the Valentines Day scene with Makoto no regrets! (And then I cheated and watched all the others on Youtube). xD

Perfect timing for finishing the game just before they release info on the enhanced version! I hope the English localization doesn't take too long this time after the Japan release and hopefully they can get back the VA's, because PQ2 will be the Japanese cast only. It'll be neat to play through PQ2 with the original cast because I've never played an Undub and am curious, but I hope the English cast will be there for P5R (probably will). I wonder if SMT 5 will have a localized cast or not. Got a Switch with that one in mind.

I was a bit more critical of P5 before but it really grew on me with the ending. I'm a bit disappointed it's over now. xD

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Here's the teaser trailer for Persona 5 Royal:

Translation from Siliconera:
    “What are your thoughts on the Phantom Thieves?”

New female character: “It’s wonderful thing to help other people… but if I had to say, I don’t like them. I just have a feeling that the way the Phantom Thieves doesn’t help fix the world or help anyone. In the end, I think those are things you must fix yourself.”

We still don't really know what Persona 5: The Royal is.

About all we can assume is that it's something new related to Persona 5 and it features a new female character.
    A lot of people were falsely reporting that it's a female protagonist, but there's no confirmation that's the case. She could just be a new Social Link.

Either way, I know I'm getting it on day one. Can't wait to play it on PS4.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Great. Another Marie.
    No one literally knows anything about this new character. You're jumping to conclusions.

But I'm not sure why that's a bad thing. Even if the new character ended up being like Marie, that's totally fine because I love Marie. Persona 4 Golden was fantastic.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Marie is simply the embodiment of everything wrong with Atlus’s recent enhanced rereleases - it’s not an addition that organically to the story that’s already there - rather, she’s there to rewrite what there is to be all about her. Marie on her own is fine, but it’s her role and purpose in the plot that’s just... kinda insulting.

Honestly, I’d vastly prefer a new female protagonist.

Marie is simply the embodiment of everything wrong with Atlus’s recent enhanced rereleases - it’s not an addition that organically to the story that’s already there - rather, she’s there to rewrite what there is to be all about her. Marie on her own is fine, but it’s her role and purpose in the plot that’s just... kinda insulting.

Honestly, I’d vastly prefer a new female protagonist.
    And I strongly disagree because I think Marie was one of my favorite Social Links in Persona 4, if not outright my favorite. She was a really interesting character and I was interested in seeing her story develop as the game progressed.

Again, you're jumping to conclusions without any basis. We have close to zero information as to what the character is supposed to be, so it's pretty irrational to imply that she's a "Marie clone" or "not a female protagonist."

Pull my Devil Trigger!

I thought Marie was a good character, but I hadn't played through the original P4 before playing Golden, and I also didn't finish her social link or get the extra dungeon/ending.

I wonder how many of the people who disliked Marie actually played Golden first - probably most people who dislike her played the original first. Might also be the case for people who really didn't like Chie's new VA as well.

Some day I'll have to replay P4G and get the other ending to see if it changes my opinion. I think the original True ending was kind of bizarre in (SPOILER)making the gas station attendant the Big Bad after only being in one scene at the start .

The Adachi bad ending was also part of P4G too right? It's a pretty brutal addition as an ending. P5 too also had a similar option to (SPOILER)side with fake Igor. What are your thoughts on the evil MC endings?

Also since the thread has been resurrected, who were everyone's favourite VA's in P5? I thought Sojiro's was really good. It was neat that (SPOILER)the real Igor had a similar voice to his original VA - all along I thought the fake Igor voice sounded way too evil.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

JUST LET ME PLAY AS A GIRL WHO CAN ROMANCE AKECHI
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Hopefully it's a female protagonist because that's a much bigger change than just a new confidant. It would likely affect the interactions with many if not all confidants as well as probably changing some plot scenes a bit. That's enough to make another purchase worthwhile.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If I had to make an educated guess, I'd say she's a Marie/Rin situation, where she'll be a new character who is going to be woven into the main narrative to shake things up. I'm basing this on the dialogue from the trailer that makes her sound like an antagonist, as well as this kind of being Atlus MO for most of their "director's cut" games. I wouldn't be surprised if she is a rival Phantom Thief that tries to stop the party and will likely join later. This is just my hot take on the teaser trailer. We'll know more next month. I would personally prefer a FemMC though.

Articles
    Blog Entries

My mind's been racing a bit and I feel like yeah she'll be an original character crammed somewhere in the story, and probably be antagonistic at first but have an arc where she comes to side with the Kaitoudan. If she is what she claims to be she'll fit the thematic hole left by the original.

(SPOILER)More than anything her introductory quote makes her instantly sound like an incredibly naive rich bitch very much deserving of her own palace. Kinda the anti-Makoto/Haru, a girl who actually profits a lot personally from the twistedness of the adults around her and thus spouts some idealistic bulltrout about how people need to be introspective themselves and trout to discredit the protags. Honestly I hope they go all the way with her and make her impossible to reason with to show how truly evil that kind of mindset can be and not shy away from pointing out that she'd totally defend Kamoshida freely abusing his students.

I doubt it'll play out quite the way I envision it but I'm definitely curious to see where it goes.