Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131418 ... LastLast

Thread: Persona 5 | Official Thread

It's really hard to be mad at ATLUS for the video restrictions when people put up unlabeled videos with major frickin' spoilers for some of the later parts of the game.

Dang it, that sucks.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I feel people were more annoyed with Atlus on how they went about it instead of why. I think if Atlus had initially approached it as "hey guys, don't spoil the game for others and make sure label thing appropriately, it would have been fine. Still, that sucks man.

Agreed. Ask nicely, make reasonable points, strongly urge. Don't threaten your fans. I'm honestly more worried about certain entertainers and creators being able to survive than whether Atlus would survive without my one purchase. What if someone never saw the notification and ended up having their channel demonitized for a month because Atlus was being petty. So I got petty and got the game used. And even that was frustrating. I've taken a long hiatus because I've gotten critical attacks from normal enemies who immediately follow up on the same character: my main character. 3 game overs due to Lucky Punch, and one random regular critical hit. I get that the games are supposed to be difficult, but having that happen 2 or 3 days in a row totally took the wind out of my sail, and it's before I've even been able to come up with a Persona strong to physical. I haven't even bothered to look up what's available that I may have missed. I haven't played in a couple weeks, and not sure if I'll get back into it at this point. But at least GameStop got my money, and I got some nice PS4 themes out of the deal. Long story short, I'm not sure spoilers even matter to me anymore. So Atlus being a putz means I'm even less inclined to agree with them

On 11/19 right now.

Finally nearing the end of this awesome game. One of the absolute best JRPGs of all time, period.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Finally beat it.

Persona 5 is one of the greatest games of all time.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

We're on 11/21. It's a good game with some really enjoyable and likeable characters. There has been some great and wonderful writing, although if I had to make a criticism of the game it would be that at times there has also been some surprisingly poor writing in comparison. End game spoilers obviously, don't click!

The whole smurfing plan with Akechi and those subtle hints throughout the game. Wow. smurfing wow. Tense and slick drama. Masterfully executed. Jaw was on the floor. 10 and a half out of smurfing ten.

But then it shoots itself in the foot with the follow up scene with Shido and Akechi. They literally just went through the entirety of their stuff in a way normal people just wouldn't smurfing do. "Haha, remember when we did that evil thing?" "I then followed you because you are a cool guy." "Yes, we then killed that guy too. To achieve our plans." "Yes. Our plans. Let me repeat what those are to you." It was the complete opposite of the basic "Show, don't tell" rule and disappointingly jarring, particularly when we'd filled in most of the blanks they were explaining ourselves.

Hey ho, doesn't ruin the good stuff by any means. Just something that irked me and I wanted to vent!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I finished Bloodborne yesterday, so I'll finally be able to start this tonight.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm liking Ann more than I thought I would

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I haven't met other girls yet so I don't know.

WHY do you ask?

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    WOULD you say Ann is best girl?
    Maybe. I think all of the playable girls are likeable although Ann has the advantage of being with you the longest.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm pretty salty about mid-May to be honest. It's just one thing after another and I lost a lot of potential freetime and I hate it when the games railroad me like that

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Just started last night and I'm getting ready to do the first Palace dungeon officially. Holy hell the UI and loading transitions for this game are insane. No wonder it took them almost ten years to make this game. So far I'm digging everything, and I'm appreciating several of the design call backs to P2. The way the narrative has been working is also really well done so far. The game does a great job of giving you the feeling of oppression and does a better job of showing the ugly side of high school life. The game has brought back some of the bleakness from P2 and P3, and the story feels more multilayered than the last two installments. If I had any minor gripes, it's that the game is a bit too tutorial heavy at times. I'll finally be able to really check out battles and dungeon design with tonight's playthrough. I'm digging all of the characters so far.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I also don't like that I have to take more than a day to do a dungeon. Valuable time people!!

The have you gained weight thing with Ann was pretty friggin funny though

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin View Post
    I also don't like that I have to take more than a day to do a dungeon. Valuable time people!!

The have you gained weight thing with Ann was pretty friggin funny though
    Well, after you get through the opening infiltration parts of each dungeon, you can clear them in a single day. :P

Of course by "clear" I just meant reaching the treasure. It does take about 3 days to do a dungeon. Reach treasure > Calling card > Steal heart.

SP Adhesive 3 is a godsend for one-day dungeon clears.

Pull my Devil Trigger!