Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Persona 5 | Official Thread

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    I'm happy you enjoyed it. It's a pretty great franchise overall.
    What girl(s) did you choose in your first playthrough?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

It's definitely worth going over with a guide for NG+, but having max or nearly maxed social stats will help soooo much. Of course, Royal comes out in (according to one thing I read) March, so might just be worth it to wait for that since it's confirmed your save file WON'T carry over.

But yeah, I bought the game thinking I wouldn't be too into it, and then I ended up no-lifeing it for 3 weeks. It's absolutely amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn R View Post
    In P5 I romanced Tae Takemi the Quack Doctor. In my second, I am debating between Haru, Makoto, or getting the Cheating Valentine event.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

In P5 I romanced Tae Takemi the Quack Doctor. In my second, I am debating between Haru, Makoto, or getting the Cheating Valentine event.
    Eww, Haru? I think she's boring and I hate her voice. You must like her because she got money and you trying to be a suga baby. Well, at least it isn't Ohya who is the worst girl. I went with Ann at first because I felt that it was right and it felt almost real to me when we finally established a relationship, but then I did some foul trout and got with Takemi too later on, but they came to bite me as she knocked my ass out the day after Valentine's Day. Sojiro had to pick me up from the floor.

I sort of want to hop right back into this game, but I feel like I need a breather, but I was thinking of getting with Makoto too or Futaba, but on my first playthrough Futaba's constant game references started to make me roll my eyes and that made me feel like she was more of my sister than a girlfriend.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Futaba definitely feels like more of a sister. She's very smurfing annoying.

OHYA IS OBJECTIVELY WORST GIRL.

I romanced everyone on the most recent playthrough, and I think Ann actually has the best supports. Or rather, she feels the most natural to actually enter into a relationship with.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I'm guessing ranks carry over for each playthrough because on mine I barely managed to max out 2 girls by the end of the game, like I got Takemi to kiss me during the last palace.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Eww, Haru? I think she's boring and I hate her voice. You must like her because she got money and you trying to be a suga baby. Well, at least it isn't Ohya who is the worst girl.
    I like Haru cause she's actually a bit psychotic if you pay attention to her dialogue in Mementos. She's got a serious violent streak that I find amusing. She also pulls a P3 Mitsuru on you if you cheat on her, and is the only character who flashes an "All-Out-Attack" close up when she berates you. I honestly feel she's the most underrated girl besides Hifumi Togo.

I sort of want to hop right back into this game, but I feel like I need a breather, but I was thinking of getting with Makoto too or Futaba, but on my first playthrough Futaba's constant game references started to make me roll my eyes and that made me feel like she was more of my sister than a girlfriend.
    Futaba is honestly my least favorite girl of the bunch. I just look at her and just see a character the devs tried too hard to make as fetishistic as possible for the demograph. Underage, sister-like personality, gamer, nerd, socially awkward, moe, glasses, short skirt/pants with long socks, red head, and acts really childish; she's like every awful sexual anime trope rolled into one character and it made every scene with her awkward for me. I grew to like her eventually, but I actually find her Confidant cringy so I never finished it. Even Kawakimi doesn't hit as many tropes and she's the freaking forbidden teacher romance and maid fetish character.

Ohya never bothered me, but I like her frankness and I could easily jive with her "I'm an adult, just a dysfunctional one" cause that's what most adults are like I find. I don't know, I like reporter characters. Perhaps its a leftover feeling from Persona 2. As for Anne, I just feel like she's the most boring choice and frankly she's a bit too "dumb blonde" for my taste. That and I ship her with Ryuji. I did something similar in previous games because I never tried to date Mitsuru or Chie because I shipped them with other cast mates.

Despite all that, I actually feel P5 has the best romance options overall among the female cast. Now if I could only date Yusuke, the character I truly fell in love with in this game.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Futaba is honestly my least favorite girl of the bunch. I just look at her and just see a character the devs tried too hard to make as fetishistic as possible for the demograph. Underage, sister-like personality, gamer, nerd, socially awkward, moe, glasses, short skirt/pants with long socks, red head, and acts really childish; she's like every awful sexual anime trope rolled into one character and it made every scene with her awkward for me. I grew to like her eventually, but I actually find her Confidant cringy so I never finished it. Even Kawakimi doesn't hit as many tropes and she's the freaking forbidden teacher romance and maid fetish character.
    Now that you mention it, she does look the type that could make a living selling her bath water

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I didn't pick up on any of that. Y'all must watch wayyyyy more anime than me.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Haru is still tame in Mementos. I actually remembered you mentioning it last time I played it, Canoe, and I looked out for it, but literally didn't see anything of what you meant.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Now that you mention it, she does look the type that could make a living selling her bath water
    Nah, she's too ugly for that. Seriously, Futaba has a buttface. No one would want to smurf her because she's attractive, just because she's easy prey.

Also, re: romance

I actually think Yusuke has the best fitting and natural romance out of any of the characters, and I also ship Ryuji x Ann, but Ann had the most natural romance of the women. And she's actually not dumb...but I love that she's never mean or cruel, like she just sees people being mean to her as them expressing weakness, and not necessarily being evil (Kamoshida aside). Makoto is best girl, but she's too serious for Joker. And Haru is alright, but she's completely underdeveloped (although her voice actress is abysmal). I hope she's expanded on in Royal.

I'm not even going to comment on the adult romances, because they're all nasty. And Hifumi is utterly forgettable.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

What, Hifumi is fine as smurf. When I ran into her I was like damn, maybe she should be the one, but I was like nah, Ann is the ride or die chick and yeah, she ain't dumb.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I didn't pick up on any of that. Y'all must watch wayyyyy more anime than me.
    NSFW but funny as hell

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    Haru is still tame in Mementos. I actually remembered you mentioning it last time I played it, Canoe, and I looked out for it, but literally didn't see anything of what you meant.
    It's there, but since dialogue is randomized in Mementos, you have to play around there awhile to hear all of it or just get really lucky. She talks about how much she enjoys listening to the shadows beg for their lives, comments to Anne that she would love to use her whip sometime, and talks about how thrilling it is to cut down her enemies which has Makoto asking her not to make such statements while brandishing her axe. When she gives you her chocolates in the cheating scenario, she calmly tells you to take her chocolates before she crushes them. Her mini-psycho personality is there.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

What, Hifumi is fine as smurf. When I ran into her I was like damn, maybe she should be the one, but I was like nah, Ann is the ride or die chick and yeah, she ain't dumb.
    Just because she's hot doesn't mean she's not completely forgettable. She has no personality.