Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Persona 5 | Official Thread

I didn't care for new Chie at first, but I uad to give her props for fixing the delivery on some lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Yup. I am convinced that’s exactly what happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    Which is kind of infuriating.
    Just give us the option to have a female protagonist, already!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Carnelian View Post
    Yup. I am convinced that’s exactly what happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    Which is kind of infuriating.
    Just give us the option to have a female protagonist, already!
    and f u c k akechi-kun
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Atlus just released some more information concerning new additions to Persona 5 Royal.

• Kasumi's Persona is Cendrillion and she uses the Bless element but her Persona is physical base. Her Tarot is La Foi or "Faith" which is also her Social Link.
    • It looks like the new Lupin Hook/Grappling Hook item will get it's upgrades through her social link. You can eventually be able to use it to enter battle from a distance. For the most part, the item is used to avoid new traps or reach new sections of the dungeons.
    • Guns have been retooled in this version. They now recover all of their ammo after battle and there are new customization options for them that will give you the ability to use status effect inducing bullets a la classic SMT/Persona 1. The purpose of retooling them is so players will use them more often.
    • Akechi Goro will have some extra scenes in this version.
    • Like P4 Golden, the characters will all sport new outfits for this game in certain places.
    • There is a new type of treasure found in dungeons that the Lupin Hook is likely going to be needed to get. Basically every dungeon has a special treasure that has been broken up into pieces. If you collect all of the pieces, it will become and accessory that grants a special ability when equipped such as Diarama.
    • As suspected the new enemy types in the game are powerful FOE style enemies that have powerful counterattacks and drop rare items if you can manage to defeat them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    • Akechi Goro will have some extra scenes in this version.
    RIP Jinx

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Atlus just released a video showing off some new sequences with Ryuji and including the revelation that the cast are going to get third tier summons as well as the new combo attacks party members get with each other.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Next character video is up, this time featuring Anne who has a hilarious unite attack with Morgana. Sadly, we don't get to see her third tier Persona in this trailer but we do get to see her best friend.

Since this is the first time I've actually played the OG version before an expanded one, I wonder if I'll end up like those crotchety fans who don't like P4G or whatever.

Back in my day we didn't have a third trimester!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent, Thunder God View Post
    Since this is the first time I've actually played the OG version before an expanded one, I wonder if I'll end up like those crotchety fans who don't like P4G or whatever.

Back in my day we didn't have a third trimester!
    More likely you'll simply feel how off it is when they cram in the new social links because you'll remember they weren't there to begin with.

New trailer featuring my main man Yusuke. If only there was an option to date him... Anyway, he's got a dual tech with Ann.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Some new details from the Morgana Report #3 for Persona 5 Royal.

• The Unite/Combo/Dual tech attacks seen in some of the trailers are officially called Show Time attacks. You earn them by doing events that allow the other team members to bond and get closer to each other.
    • Stealing an idea from Pokemon and possibly Devil Survivor, Personas are now going to have Traits which will add some new elements to them. These traits can be inherited through fusion as well.
    • There are new accessories in the game that grant additional support abilities or skills to a character which will seriously open up customization options.
    • The Baton Pass mechanic will now have ranks which grant more passive bonuses to the receiver such as cutting down skill/magic costs or even more bonus damage. The highest rank apparently makes all abilities cost nothing.
    • The new Kichijoji area has a few new things for players to do such as the dart and billiards minigames which will help rank up the MC's stats and help the other team members bond with each other.
    • There is a new Jazz Club in this area you can visit in the evening as well.
    • There is a Thrift Store in this area as well which will allow you to sell back items and gear you find in Palaces and Mementos. These will stack up points with the place that can net you some new items.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Huh, that all sounds pretty intriguing. Wonder if there'll be a genuine "matrix" of relationships instead of just "Joker's relationship to everyone". That sounds awfully ambitious for an updated rerelease.

The accessories and Baton Pass upgrades sound like they're probably going to be hilariously overpowered. Though I suppose in the fights that matter the most you don't actually get many Baton Passes, so maybe it'll just make normal fights flashier and more unique. Which would be cool and welcome.

It's probably not going to be terribly complicated. It probably will just give some kind of unite attack ranking that will go up for each Sunday or whenever when you meet up with multiple characters but don't advance any of their individual social links.

Oops missed the part about minigames. So it's probably even simpler than I said.
    Last edited by Lord Golbez; 07-12-2019 at 12:58 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Here's the new opening to Persona 5 Royal for anyone who cares.