Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

Thread: Persona 5 | Official Thread

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

i can't really say i'm feeling this song, though. it's not doing much for me.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles
    Blog Entries

I've listened to a good sampling, and most of the music is first-rate. It's jazzy and contemporary. It certainly isn't dull, and fits the setting and mood very well. Whoever chose contemporary jazz as the OST theme should be applauded.

I feel like Lyn is really good at the choruses (especially in Rivers in the Desert) but I can't help but think the quality wanes during the verses. Parts of songs where it's quieter are where it is most evident. "On razor's edge now" during Rivers in the Desert is sung very abruptly. The words don't follow through to the next, they're... isolated? I don't know, describing singing is hard.

And to be honest, I can't help but feel I'm being a little harsh. English isn't Lyn's first language, and honestly she does a good job overall (I know I couldn't sing in Japanese, that's for sure). It's just when I'm listening to these songs (which is often, as they're on my iPod) a few parts clunk. The rest is great.

Does anyone have advice about which version to buy?

Originally I was just going to get the PS3 version but now I'm not sure (I own both consoles). It seems the main difference with the PS4 version is an increase in resolution, but it's about $20 more expensive (here in Canada anyway). I heard that maybe the load times are a bit faster as well. However the battery life of the controller will be longer on the PS3. Which version are you guys buying?

Niche anime weeaboo title that's going to sell 5 copies here in the west. Who cares about it?

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Squall Leonhart Loire View Post
    Niche anime weeaboo title that's going to sell 5 copies here in the west. Who cares about it?
    Far more than 5 people. And if you don't I'm curious why you bothered to come in here just to share some negativity and harsh everyone's buzz?

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Far more than 5 people. And if you don't I'm curious why you bothered to come in here just to share some negativity and harsh everyone's buzz?
    Harsh everyone's buzz? Nobody in real life cares about Persona. Only JRPGs people care about are Pokemon, FF, and KH.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Still not sure why you insist on joining a fan site for a JRPG series, name yourself after a JRPG character, then proceed to be a bit of a jerk to people around here who are actually excited about a JRPG. This really shouldn't be a surprising situation to you as a clear fan of at least one JRPG.

Final Fantasy is not a JRPG series. It has Western settings and Western characters. Calling Final Fantasy a JRPG series is like calling Dark Souls a JRPG. It is nothing like one.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

That is factually incorrect but whatever.

The first six Final Fantasy games were heavily influenced by western European fantasy. The games for the most part always had European settings with European looking characters. Later on, the franchise grew to take heavy western themes. VIII and IX in particular. What JRPGs do this? Millions of people, even millions of non-gamers, play Final Fantasy but no other JRPGs. Maybe Kingdom Hearts or Pokemon but that's it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Dragon Quest, the quintessential JRPG has a very Western setting in every installment, so your argument is moot? And Persona's popularity has grown significantly, so it definitely won't be bought by just five people.

What's your deal anyway? You come into random threads about games you don't care about and are just so negative in the least constructive way possible? Go hug a cat or something, you're wasting your life away like this.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I have no life.
    I'm sorry for you about that but the act's getting old. Knock it off.

I've heard this is the best Persona game yet, even from big fans of both the old games and 3 and 4. Anything that can potentially surpass the greatness that was P4G is worth all my moneys so I'm gonna get that special edition off Amazon. I'm gonna get a backpack! It's like I'm back in school again, getting BS pop quizzes from my teacher who either calls me a degenerate dumbass or who wants to sleep with me

That was everyone else's high school experience too, right?