Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 378910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Persona 5 | Official Thread

New Royal trailer - thoughts?

Looks like an October release for Japan and a Western release in 2020. Also more details on whatever P5S is tomorrow.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Called it, I figured the new girl, Kasumi Yoshizawa, would be a new addition to the cast. She's apparently a gymnast and falls for Joker's civilian identity but hates the phantom thieves for some reason. Judging by her "thief" form though (SPOILER)I'm wondering if she'll somehow inherit Akechi's Persona Loki, since her outfit is reminiscent of his assassin form.

Other things to note about the game from official sources:

• There is a new Counselor character who looks like he'll be a new Confidant.
    • There is another "new" character in the form of a teenage boy seen in a few screenshots. His dialogue hints he's connected to Morganna.
    • New date spots with mini-games.
    • One of these new locations allows you to spend time with the Velvet Room twins.
    • There is a new scenario involving a "missing third semester" which will feature some new characters as well and a visit to a shrine for New Year's which hints that the game's ending may be altered.
    • There are new enemy types in the game, one called Kyoma in a screenshot gives the impression they're like the F.O.E. enemies in the PQ/Etrian Odyssey franchises.
    • There are new options in the Velvet Room as well as for Mementos.

My hot take from the trailer:
    • Looks like some new special abilities have been unlocked which may be similar to the special take downs from Persona 4 like Chie's famous kick to the moon special.
    • Not sure if the grappling hook is a new feature or just a flavor element to the obvious new additions to the dungeons.
    • I'm also curious if the Morganna/Haru special attack we saw is one of the aforementioned special attacks above or if it hints to unite attacks.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

can you date akechi now or
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

can you date sojiro now or

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm pretty sure that Tatsuya will still continue to be the only bisexual protagonist in the series outside of fanfiction. " smilieid="509" class="inlineimg" border="0">

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Yeah probably another Marie/Qatherine. I want to be a girl Joker.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

So... is anyone going to talk about the big pink elephant in the room?

Okay, so Persona 5 Scramble is a Dynasty Warrior game for the Switch that was also announced. I'm personally giving this a hard pass as I've learned I really don;'t care for those style of games, but I know a few people who are really excited for this entry cause they love that style of games.

Yeah no interest in Scramble just like no interest in the dancing games. Far as I'm concerned that's all just bs to try and tide us over until P6.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, don’t really like the style either. Don’t really get why everything needs a musou spin-off nowadays. I will defend the dancing games to my death, however. Also, thought it’s important to mention that Scramble is coming to both Switch and PS4.

Overall, I’m kinda let down by these announcements? I was hoping Royal would come for switch as well, as Persona is, IMO, structured perfectly for a handheld experience. Also, they really dropped the ball on no female protagonist Hope they can rectify this with a future rerelease a la P3P

It would sure be nice if we could get a full version of a game with a female protagonist option (as opposed to the downgraded p3p). Hopefully P6 will have the option right out of the gate, but the lack of that choice for both P4 Golden and P5 Royal makes me doubt it. It would probably be unlikely anyway just because the number of scenario changes would require significant delay to release.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

New Famitsu mag just gave some more details:

• Since the main Persona team has left to work on that new fantasy RPG, directing duties have been given to Daiki Itoh who was the Lead Designer for the Confidants in P5 as well as the director for P4 Golden.
    • The game will add in some quality of life improvements like easier ways to gain XP.
    • There is a Player Assist function that takes in consideration your levels with Confidants and character parameters.
    • The volume of content in this new Third Semester will surpass the volume seen in P4 Golden.
    • Kasumi's role in the game is to help expand a lot of the characters the player already knows.
    • With that said, the development team is doing their best to adjust the story so she doesn't feel tacked on to it.
    • To no one's surprise, Kasumi will also be a Confidant.
    • The name of the school nurse Confidant is Maruki, and he's described as a very nice and polite adult.
    • The developers have teased the idea that there will be more new Confidants besides these two.
    • You can't use your old Save Data for the Royal edition, but there will be a bonus for having one.
    • There is a new handsome male figure who has a scene in with the protagonist in his bed. P5 SpoilerThis guy is the one many fans assume is Morgana's potential human form.

Source: Siliconera

Turning Morgana into Teddie is dumb. I don't like it. Don't get me wrong, I like Teddie, but I don't like them repeating trout for all their mascots. Teddie is Teddie and Morgana is Morgana. Leave it that way.