Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 610111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Persona 5 | Official Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Karifean View Post
    Wonder if there'll be a genuine "matrix" of relationships instead of just "Joker's relationship to everyone".
    Yeah, a lot of titles would benefit from more depth than just "everything's about the MC," especially in current AAA games.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Man, I got this game a couple weeks ago and nobody told me it was going to be this addiciting. I'm already over 50 hours in this game. I'm shocked. This is longer than a Final Fantasy because y'all know it takes around 40 hours to beat a Final Fantasy.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn R View Post
    Man, I got this game a couple weeks ago and nobody told me it was going to be this addiciting. I'm already over 50 hours in this game. I'm shocked. This is longer than a Final Fantasy because y'all know it takes around 40 hours to beat a Final Fantasy.
    My first playthrough took 118 hours, and I missed out on two whole confidants, and did not play in an optimized way at all. I missed out on a lot of stuff, actually. This game is unreal in its amount of content.

Replaying right now. Upthread I mentioned that in a trailer it sounded like Makoto's VA had been recast, but I just looked at the cast list and she hasn't. Thank goodness! Makoto's has the best female voice actor in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Makoto's the best everything.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    My first playthrough took 118 hours, and I missed out on two whole confidants, and did not play in an optimized way at all. I missed out on a lot of stuff, actually. This game is unreal in its amount of content.

Replaying right now. Upthread I mentioned that in a trailer it sounded like Makoto's VA had been recast, but I just looked at the cast list and she hasn't. Thank goodness! Makoto's has the best female voice actor in the game.
    Are all the Persona games this long and doesn't it seem like Ryuji smurfs up a lot? I liked him at first, but now he's getting annoying. We could have seriously been effed over a few times due to him.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Personas 3, 4, and 5 follow a similar format, yes. The first three games (1, 2 Innocent Sin and 2 Eternal Punishment) follow a more traditional RPG formula, so they're shorter, but still probably longer than FFs usually are

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Why does this game have me questioning my morals? I just spent a whole day with Ann and kissed her and them my teacher sent me a text saying she can do any chore I want. I'm not sure why I still need to use the yellow phone when she has the number to my cell, but whatever.

I'm really struggling if I should call her or just make some lockpicks before bed.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Why does this game have me questioning my morals? I just spent a whole day with Ann and kissed her and them my teacher sent me a text saying she can do any chore I want. I'm not sure why I still need to use the yellow phone when she has the number to my cell, but whatever.

I'm really struggling if I should call her or just make some lockpicks before bed.
    She makes you use the public phone so that it will be harder to trace her activity in case his phone ever got confiscated. Also, if you raise her rank high enough, she can actually make lockpicks for you.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

There's some decidedly questionable stuff in this game especially regarding adult women preying on the minor protagonist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    There's some decidedly questionable stuff in this game especially regarding adult women preying on the minor protagonist.
    Well you're not exactly playing a model student in this one. Course since the series reboot, Persona has played up a few male fetishes more than usual.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Some more info about Persona 5 The Royal

There is a strange feature called My Palace Mode.

It's a strange hub world you can decorate with features bought from medals awarded for doing achievements in the main game. You can then decorate the world as you please. You can also change who your main character model is within the world to other playable cast members. Depending on what items you place, you can have various characters from the game appear in the world for special scenes.Not sure if these worlds will be available for other players to visit though. The place also has an archive mode that lets you re-watch cutscenes and there is also a mode to play some mini-games against the other cast members.

Personally, I'm a little bewildered and disappointed with this mode.

The other big announcement was DLC.

Persona 5 Dancing All Night costumes
    Persona Q 2 costumes (yes it makes your characters look like their chibi forms from the game)
    Challenge Battles, which let you fight the main protagonists from P3 and P4 as super bosses.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Well you're not exactly playing a model student in this one. Course since the series reboot, Persona has played up a few male fetishes more than usual.
    I'll have you know my MC was a model student. Other people treating him like he wasn't for no good reason is not his fault.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well, at least they're acknowledging P3 and P4. Too bad all connection with P2 seems lost, as I feel the casts of these two games would really work together well

Also, please just confirm there is a gay option now

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I beat this game a few days ago and OMG! One of the best games I've ever played period. I never played a game that made me question if I was a smurfboy or not. This game is so addicting too. I was obsessed with making relationships with people.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm happy you enjoyed it. It's a pretty great franchise overall.