Thread: Is this where I expose myself in fashion?

:monster: Is this where I expose myself in fashion?

I didn't mean what you think, you perverts! Any who, to be honest I wasn't sure forums like this still existed. I was on Youtube the other day watching videos about final fantasy as I recall some fun memories playing the series in my younger days and stumbled upon the nerve to start binging stuff. Since I've trapped myself in my room recently I figured joining a community of people who are probably around my age might be fun.

I'll just through in this little snippet about myself. I have a terrible sense of humor that people either love or hate. I enjoy music, from classical to modern rock. I'm training to be a piano technician which, in short means I tune and repair/regulate acoustic pianos.

I enjoy writing off and on and hope maybe one day to have something worthy of being published. My love for music extends to a project I call November Auditorium which shamelessly takes inspiration from pretty much everywhere. Despite the fact that it's available everywhere, I don't really know how to sell it just yet.

I enjoy gaming in small bursts during my free time. I currently own a PS2, a Nintendo 64, a PS3 and a white Xbox One. Currently playing through the Master Chief Collection and doing my first play through of Halo 4 so please no spoilers

I'm somewhat of a techie. I currently have three computers. Two Dells, one is a tower from 2012 running Windows 7 and Fedora. The other is a Inspiron laptop from 2015 running Windows 10. The third computer is a Mac Mini I got used from eBay after my loyal MacBook Pro from late 2008 finally quit after everyday use for 8 years. The mini is currently running MacOS Sierra. I also have an old HP tower from 2004 running Windows XP along with Ubuntu and I believe Redhat. It doesn't power up atm so I excluded it from my count as it's in the other room.

Whelp, it wasn't short after all but there you have it folks

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Welcome to Eyesonff!

We have a semi active writing subforum so feel free to jump in there.

Techwise I'm not much help in those kind of convos But Now I guess we know who to ask!

We have most of the FF albums on our youtube if you ever wanted to listen to those, since you said you enjoy music

Welcome once again!

Thanks, Freya! I confess I posted this thread here before checking my PM to find out this is where I should have posted it. Guess I lucked out, eh?

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Welcome! Forums like ourselves definitely are becoming a bit of a relic item in these days, but we're still around! Somehow.

What was your favourite FF game? What other games do you like?

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Welcome to the Fourms. Be sure to post a lot!

Oddly enough, I'm a big fan of the original Final Fantasy, much like I'm a big fan of the original Legend Of Zelda. I've been playing Final Fantasy III on my PSP but when I started working on my second album I kind of forgot about it so I'll have to restart it I think. I didn't get very far and RPGs are kind of hard to pick up if you've been away for a long time. Something to do with forgetting plot points and which characters did what.

Big fan of Mario. The first game I ever played was Super Mario All Stars. One of my favorite mario games is Paper Mario on N64 and it was possibly the first RPG I ever played.

I was a big WoW player back in 2006 to about the end of 2008 and I played a bit of EQ on the Macintosh when the servers were still up and running. My MMO I jump on these days is The Lord Of The Rings Online mostly because of the great community.

I enjoy shooters to a degree. Put a lot of time into Destiny on the PS3 and will probably look into getting it for Xbox One at some point. I used to play counter strike back in the day but with my internet being satellite shooters online don't bode as well as RPGs. Personal favorites is the DOOM series and basically the first Quake game. Though II and 4 were good, I liked the lovecraftian influence in the first Quake.

I also enjoy strategy games. I used to own Crusader Kings and I played a bit of Star Craft and Halo Wars. I remember rocking Final Fantasy Tactics back in the day when my old Greystation still worked. Jeanne D'Arc is a good one too on the PSP if you like tactical RPGs like FFT.

Puzzle games are also great. Tetris anyone?

Oh yeah, and point and click adventure games. Shivers is a great classic from my childhood.

In closing, is there and appropriate forum to post music? I obviously won't be trying to sell anything and it's all youtube but I figured I'd let people listen to my musical side.

As for writing, I'll post one of my short stories I wrote back in 2015. It isn't perfect but I used an electric typewriter from the 70s to write it just for fun =P

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Sounds like you've got a range of tastes! I'm sure you'll find some common ground fans around these parts.

If you want to post up your music, we have a tag in the Writer's Forum for music, so go nuts.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Welcome! Forums like EoFF are unfortunately becoming rarer over time, which is a great shame, but this one is still ticking over. Somehow.

I noticed you wrote on and off! Our writing sub-forum is semi-active (it peaks and valleys, like many things), but there's still a few people who make regular additions. Myst Knight, Fynn, Mr. Carny and Pumpkin, among others, are the names that come to mind right now. We have murder mysteries, several co-wrote serialisation, and writing prompts published monthly. You're in luck actually: February's writing prompt is going live shortly! There's also discussion on writing and technique, so if you ever feel you get stuck, people are generally around to give you their takes on various topics.

I also approve of your gaming tastes. Shooters aren't really my thing, but I enjoy puzzles! Professor Layton is probably my favourite series in that genre. Do you read/play visual novels at all, PaperNinja?

Nice! I went ahead and posted my music and short story thread there I hope to get to more posting around here once I clear some time. I did hope in the chat the other day but I didn't stick around as long as I had wanted unfortunately xD

I have heard about visual novels but I can't say I've had the pleasure! I'm actually quite curious now, too be honest!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PaperNinja View Post
    Nice! I went ahead and posted my music and short story thread there I hope to get to more posting around here once I clear some time. I did hope in the chat the other day but I didn't stick around as long as I had wanted unfortunately xD

I have heard about visual novels but I can't say I've had the pleasure! I'm actually quite curious now, too be honest!
    Honestly I'm not even the best person to talk about visual novels. If you're interested, hit up Karifean. He's pretty much the expert on visual novels and can recommend a few based on your interests.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Yo, I'm Sephex. I am known as a bit of a joker, but I am ALWAYS up to date on the latest memes. Check this out!

Welcome!!
    FF games played so far: FFIV; FFVI; FFVII; FFX; FFX-2; FFXII; FFTA; FFXIII Trilogy

Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories (PS3)

Favourite FF games: FFVI; FFXII

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh man... I also put a lot of time into Destiny. I'm never going back there ever again...

Welcome to Eoff, though! Look forward to seeing you post around

That endgame grind? I feel you. If I had a dollar for the times I ran raids over trying to get a certain drop, I'd be a rich man =c

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

rich enough to buy the next expansion?
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?