Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Pumpkin's Top Adventure Games!

I was excited to get this going and I should have the first entry up by this weekend!

So what is this?
    I decided, since I have played many games and am expanding my gaming in to different genres, that I would appreciate each genre for what it brings and make individual favourites lists based on that. These lists will happen when I've played the games I want to play in the genre (the JRPG one is going to take a long while, don't hold your breath). This will also allow me to customize the review style to what suits the genre. Scariness is important in the horror genre, for example, but maybe not so much in others. Note that games that fit in to more than one genre will be placed in only one list depending on which I feel it suits better personally.

So which list is this?
    This will be my Adventure genre list, which will include point-and-click and interactive movie/walking sim types of games. The action-adventure style will be covered in a later list. These are generally more low key games, lighter on the action, and there's sometimes an element to puzzle solving. In other cases they can be "your choices matter!" type games or they might just focus on exploring while uncovering a narrative.

How will the reviews for this genre be structured?

I will cover what I think are the most important aspects: Story, environment, ambiance, and puzzles and choices if applicable. Gameplay will also be covered briefly.

Will there be spoilers?

Spoilers will be marked in spoiler tags so no worries if you haven't played the game. My hope is that some peeps can find some new games to try!

So look forward to my list Coming Soon and enjoy! Also remember that all opinions are subjective yada yada

Enjoy!

#15 Abzu
    #14 Fran Bow
    #13 Doki Doki Universe
    #12 Life is Strange
    #11 Flower
    #10 Firewatch
    #9 The Wolf Among Us
    #8 Beyond Eyes
    #7 Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
    #6 Gone Home
    #5 Read Only Memories
    #4 To the Moon
    #3 Her Story
    #2 Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
    #1 The Walking Dead
    Last edited by Pumpkin; 02-23-2017 at 08:12 PM.