Thread: Tales of Berseria or World of Final Fantasy

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Default Tales of Berseria or World of Final Fantasy

I've been having trouble deciding which of these 2 games to purchase next, can anyone (who ideally have played both) offer some advice on which one I should go for? Which game has the more quality content?

Advice would be appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've finished WoFF and am currently playing Berseria. I personally prefer Berseria so far, but they're both good games.

What are some things you like about the Tales series and what are you looking for in specific?

WoFF has a lot more in the way of sidequesting so far, collecting Mirages. It's got some classic FF callbacks and characters. It's cute and generally more lighthearted and fun. Some decent customization options. The story isn't bad but isn't really the central focus, although it gets more engaging later on in the game.

Tales of Berseria has an engaging battle system, some really interesting characters, a good group dynamic (as usual). The story is the central focus and it's a good one. The story is a bit darker than typical Tales games, focusing on a group of anti-heroes fighting what's considered the "good guys" which is an interesting take on things. It's got cooking again and eventually you can send a ship out to scout for treasures. The ability system is FFIXesque where you learn through equipment.

WOFF if you miss the old turn-based system and love collecting monsters like a Pokemon game.

Tales if you want something more action-y, and want to experience a bigger, more deeper JRPG story.

Articles
    Blog Entries

WOFF is more "fun", Berseria is more epic.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

I've only watched someone play them, but I think Berseria looks more engaging.

WOFF looks fun, and cute, and humorous, but it also looked like it got a little sloggy towards the end.