Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415162030 ... LastLast

Thread: EoFF XXVII Game Thread - Day Five - Showdown in the Velvet Room

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Theodore View Post
    Koromaru, whom do you suspect?
    Bjørk!

[As I've mentioned above, Akihiko is on my list, though I do acknowledge that this partly stems from the fact that's I am not a fan of his general approach of aggressively pointing fingers instead of a more balanced discourse. I'm still not convinced the intentions he claims he had for his day one discourse are what he says they are, but I'm not ready to vote for him just yet.]

Awoo!

[Other than that, it'd be much easier to ask me who isn't on my list. The quiet people can be trying not to reveal themselves, while the chatty ones might be using their reasoning as a smokescreen, so anything goes. Aside from Sanada-San, on top of my list is Minato, Shinjiro, and you.]

Koromaru, whom do you suspect?
    Pretty sure you have a question that someone wants an answer to.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Shinjiro View Post
    I mean seriously, Theodore, what was the point of putting those votes on her. Was there *any* reason at all?

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Junpei View Post
    Alihiko you yell you claim all your moves, yet demonize anyone who makes any other move. You were the one that wanted to lynch people on how they said hello if I'm not mistaken. That being said I don't think your mafia even though you have been very wishy washy. I think you are just playing aggressive.
    Yeah I'm not gonna lie, that one was definitely a bit of a reach. But I truly do believe that sometimes you have to go with your gut, and my gut was telling me that a few people made some bad first impressions.

Maybe I'm just gutless but I think youre putting way too much emphasis on hunches.

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

First time and vote check of Day Two.

| Day Two |
    Approximately thirty-three hours remain

Theodore - 2 / 6 (Shinjiro, Mitsuru)
    Shinjiro- 1 / 6 (Akihiko)

(Aigis, Elizabeth, Junpei, Ken, Koromaru, Minato and Theodore are yet to vote)

Good luck, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Akihiko View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Koromaru View Post
    [The thing is, I still think it's hard to judge who mafia is simply based on who did and didn't vote for Yukari considering, and this is my personal reasoning here, so I may be wrong, that we needed to lynch somebody in order to get discussions going.]
    So just lynch someone for the sake of lynching someone? That's a pretty anti-town way of thinking.
    Except he literally said it was to get discussion going which means it wasn't lynching just for the sake of lynching. And despite what Yukari thought, it was still an extremely safe time to choose at random as we, the people of the town, maintained roughly the same probabilistic position if we lynched the wrong person as if we didn't lynch and there was the potential large gain to be had of taking out a member of Strega immediately. Mathematically it was a sound decision. No action can be considered done for the sake of doing it as all actions reveal information and encourage the reveal of new information. Whether we get the information we want is another matter entirely.

I think what you said is pretty fair. My main point is that while Minato and Ken are the least active players in the game by a considerable margin, the other players have all at least somewhat participated in this game. Since there are 3 mafia members, even if those two are both mafia, at least one other person is a more active player.
    This is also worth keeping in mind. It is highly probable at least one active person is Strega. Ultimately who was lynched on day one was going to be a decision based on very early, and highly incomplete, information. I think we can make a much more informed and well reasoned choice this time. As sad as it was to lose Yukari-chan, we do have a much greater abundance of data to sift through now, increasing the odds of the remaining SEES members survival.l

Mafia Townsperson [M] Harry - Dad's Dad's Avatar

Sorry I'm late, everyone, school yesterday was so tiring and I had a moutain of homework! It's not easy being a ten year old, you know.

Honestly, I'm feeling most suspicious of Theodore and Shinjiro. Their back and forth seems almost scripted. That could just be me though, I guess. As it stands, I'll probably vote for one of them. Depends if they can convince me that they're not mafia.

I wasn't aware that Shinjiro and I were arguing.

I have been reading the thread and am not sure who to suspect. The one person who comes to mind is Elizabeth. Where is she? Now I wonder if real life is just very busy for her, or if she is sitting reading and keeping a very low profile. Not sure which it is yet.

Looking back over it, I think I was misreading things. I was mixing up what Akihiko said with what Shinjiro said. Sorry about that, Theo!

Maybe I'm just gutless but I think youre putting way too much emphasis on hunches.
    I should de-emphasize my hunch when it comes to you, right?

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Aigis View Post
    Except he literally said it was to get discussion going which means it wasn't lynching just for the sake of lynching. And despite what Yukari thought, it was still an extremely safe time to choose at random as we, the people of the town, maintained roughly the same probabilistic position if we lynched the wrong person as if we didn't lynch and there was the potential large gain to be had of taking out a member of Strega immediately. Mathematically it was a sound decision. No action can be considered done for the sake of doing it as all actions reveal information and encourage the reveal of new information. Whether we get the information we want is another matter entirely.
    This game is based on far more than just mathematical decisions. Regardless of the intent of the lynch, the fact remains that it was basically a random lynch. Sure it generated some discussion, but it also made absolutely no sense to lynch her specifically for the reasons people gave.

I would like to encourage more interaction with Minato so for the time being:

##Vote: Minato

In no way is this a final vote of mine and it will likely change as I have little reason to vote for him aside from a general lack of communication at the moment. But I've found that the way humans act while under pressure can be more revealing than when they are feeling comfortable, so I hope this encourages a response from our friend with which to gather more data. It is necessary to fill in as many variables as possible for my predictive algorithms to function at optimal levels.

I'm still suspicious of Shinjiro, though. It really seems like he was trying to provoke Theo.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Shinjiro View Post
    I mean seriously, Theodore, what was the point of putting those votes on her. Was there *any* reason at all?
    Why would you say something like that?

I should de-emphasize my hunch when it comes to you, right?

This game is based on far more than just mathematical decisions. Regardless of the intent of the lynch, the fact remains that it was basically a random lynch. Sure it generated some discussion, but it also made absolutely no sense to lynch her specifically for the reasons people gave.
    Ruff!

[To be fair, the same could be said for anyone else who could've been lynched on that day - there is no concrete reason other than some people deciding that voting no lynch = mafia.]

This whole "This isn't my actual final vote, honest!" thing makes no sense to me. Can you explain your thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Ken View Post

This whole "This isn't my actual final vote, honest!" thing makes no sense to me. Can you explain your thinking?
    Arf!

[She does clarify in her post - it's to put Minato, who has been pretty quiet, on edge.