Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 48910111213141516171819202434 ... LastLast

Thread: EoFF XXVII Game Thread - Day Five - Showdown in the Velvet Room

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Ken View Post
    Wow, I leave for quarter of an hour and things get weird. Your reasoning makes no real sense. Because I didn't phrase it the way you would phrase it, I must be mafia? You're acting so strange that you're either a mafia trying to sow confusion, or just a really weird player. You're definitely the most suspicious person right now. There's a slim chance I might change my mind if another obvious candidate pops up, but right now:
    ##Vote: Akihiko
    It's not about the way I would phrase it. It's about the way a townie would phrase it. Although at this point I'm beginning to think you were just being kind of oblivious.

Your vote against me doesn't seem to have any real basis, rather it's just coming off as a retaliation vote.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Aigis View Post
    The literal answer to your question as it was worded is 7. This is such utterly silly logic on your part that I'm not sure whether to think you're just a SEES member who isn't very good at deriving information from the questions he asks, or if you're somehow the most clever Strega member of all trying to appear completely and utterly ridiculous.
    Well, what I was looking for was for him to say "including myself." Just trying to get a read on him.

I'm satisfied with his response though. For now I'll redact my vote. Planning on doing a write-up on most (if not all) players sometime tonight.

##Unvote

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Aigis View Post
    I seem to have lost an entire post I'd made responding to Minato-san. I believe you humans would say such is life?

To sum up my thoughts again quickly, your wording had made it seem heavily implied that you did have knowledge you weren't sharing and weren't simply deducing everything. One should take a bit more care with their words perhaps.

As for your explanations you do seem less convinced than you had originally seemed. Perhaps it's a bluff, perhaps not. But you've given me some things to think about. Particularly with regard to Theodore. The more I look back at the thread from your perspective the more I do see where you're coming from that we agreed a fair amount, but it seems as though it was largely him following my lead if it was intentional on his part which does make me somewhat concerned that this was his intent as a subtle way to cast suspicion on me as the leader in some form of alliance. There's also the possibility that it is coincidence and you're trying to take advantage of it to cast aspersions that seem to have a ring of truth. Unlike you, I do believe in coincidence since they happen all the time. I do not trust them however. Perhaps some time to think about it leading into tomorrow will help generate new understanding for me.
    I respect that you disagree with my deductions. Note that this post only strengthens them.

I posited that the majority of your posts coincided, leading to my suspicion. Instead of providing evidence in return to counter me, you drew attention to my guesswork and assumptions, as they are the things you can most easily latch suspicion onto. I feel that you have failed in successfully drawing suspicion towards myself due to the fact that I had already made it clear that the aspects you targeted were nothing more than guesswork, and so you have utilized the key benefit of vaguely worded statements: the ease of escape.

To that end, Akihiko is an easy target, as his actions have always been outlandish, but are now seemingly inane. I personally still do not find him particularly suspicious.

You will need to provide evidence counter to the fact that your posts more consistently align than with any other person's, and your present argument of "He seems to be following me" is demonstrably false.

I would not be at all surprised to find that Theodore's next posts are directly counter to your own now that I have drawn attention to your actions.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Harry - Dad's Dad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Akihiko View Post
    Your vote against me doesn't seem to have any real basis, rather it's just coming off as a retaliation vote.
    To be honest, it was a bit of a retaliation. Your reasoning about lynching me over the semantics of a maths question just seemed so flimsy to me that it got my hackles up. But being annoyed at you isn't a good enough reason to lynch you. You also changed your mind, which doesn't seem to me like something a mafia would do: one of the main mafia strategies is creating or nurturing a wave of suspicion and then riding it. So, I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt.

##Unvote: Akihiko

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

| Day Two |
    Twenty-four hours remain

Theodore - 2 / 6 (Shinjiro, Mitsuru)
    Minato - 1 / 6 (Aigis)
    Aigis - 1 / 6 (Minato)

Shinjiro- 0 / 6 (Akihiko)
    Ken - 0 / 6 (Akihiko)
    Akihiko - 0 / 6 (Ken)

(Akihiko, Elizabeth, Junpei, Ken, Koromaru and Theodore are yet to vote)

I had a request for a vote check half an hour ago, but as it was nearly the half-way point I decided to do it here.

Anyway: a very electrifying first half. Good luck everyone!
    Last edited by [M] Mom – Host; 02-19-2017 at 05:32 AM.

Considering the one time I made a similar post following Theodores was my initial vote for Akihiko on the first page when we knew nothing, and the rest of the time his statements did seem to follow mine I'm not sure what makes you think that my suggestion that he's following me is demonstrably false. Not that it matters. As I said, it's merely one thing for me to consider in response to your expressed reasoning. A slim possibility to be sure since it's a strategy so subtle I think most wouldn't even notice it, but still a possibility so one I must consider.

As to providing evidence, you know this is all but impossible of course. You cast an accusation based on something you know I can't refute since the general consensus is there in writing, and any disagreement or agreement now would simply convince you you're right,despite your entire idea being nothing but a guess anyway. I must say that if your intention is to cast doubt on me that I can't shake in a single day then you've done a masterful job of reading an awful lot into what is largely nothing at this point. A single day does not a pattern make after all.

So let's not pretend that you can actually be convinced otherwise at this point since we both know that's not true. But the level of certainty you've displayed the entire time is far above what I'd expect from any SEES member on the second day. I stick to my belief that at the very least you think you know more than your letting on, and at worst you're a fairly aggressive mafia member who looked awfully hard for a reason to justify a lynching.

Hmmmm I will look over what has transpired and add my input, if applicable.

All right after looking over the thread right now the person who I find most suspicious is Akihiko. Initially I merely thought he was brazen, but his persona seems kinda forced. No matter how inexperienced one may be using things like word choice as a basis for suspicion as well as being needlessly aggressive sets off my radar.

Not to mention, he's willing to set up an entire "gotcha" vote rather confidently as if he's about to make a big play but then ultimately decides to back out of it at any disagreement.

I'm also finding his interactions with others to be rather forced (Ken, Aigis) and/or set up but I wanna see him defend himself first.

##Vote: Akihiko

The "gotcha" being in relation to Ken.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Greg - Hot Dad's Avatar

I have missed a lot! Whoops. I accidentally my entire Saturday away.

Been some good discussions over the last few hours! Lots to think about. Some things I agree with, some things that made me laugh out loud. The usual mafia stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Theodore View Post
    Also, I never asked for a roleclaim. I predicted it but my argument was merely is that if we know the roles, we have more knowledge in our possession with every flip, good or bad.
    We do know the roles in play though. They're in the first post and have been this entire time. So, why even bring it up?

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Shinjiro View Post
    Mind you, I'm also a tad bit suspicious of Mitsuru. Someone speaking on someone else's behalf either knows more about them than they should (i.e. Mafia) or is a pretty damn trusting town. And the fact that I know said trust is most certainly *not* misplaced by chance is what makes me suspect the former.
    I am not 100% sure what you're referring to here in terms of my own behaviours, but if I don't understand something, or something is not quite right in my own reading, I will ask a question about it, regardless of who it relates to. Only being able to talk about things that relate to yourself would leave this game mighty dull.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Koromaru View Post
    [The thing is, I still think it's hard to judge who mafia is simply based on who did and didn't vote for Yukari considering, and this is my personal reasoning here, so I may be wrong, that we needed to lynch somebody in order to get discussions going.]
    Luckily nobody is basing opinions solely on who did and didn't vote Yukari. It's a jumping off point, for sure, but not the be all and end all. Also discussions happen without a lynch, what a strange thing to say. Better kill someone so we can talk more? What?

I'm still suspicious of Shinjiro, though. It really seems like he was trying to provoke Theo.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Shinjiro View Post
    I mean seriously, Theodore, what was the point of putting those votes on her. Was there *any* reason at all?
    Why would you say something like that?
    Why not? Gotta put some pressure on him. I mean, he's evading this question like the plague. I asked him, Shinjiro asked him, Akihiko restated the question, you highlighted it again, and Minato has pointed out that his explanations have been insufficient. Yet there continues to be no answer. Any time now, buddy. <3

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Junpei View Post
    I am wondering why people jumped on Theodore at the end of day one. It was just two jumped on votes with the intent to have more people jumping on? They really gave no real reason for it, then day two it was just business as usual for them and jumped on again with no real reason for it.
    Perhaps you should read the posts again. There have been reasons given. You may disagree, and you can challenge the reasoning given, but don't try and say that there is no reason for it. Trying to save your mafia bro by sowing seeds of doubt about his accusations?

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Akihiko View Post
    Okay, so apart from proving that I'm bad at math, what was the point of that? You're really starting to seem quite shady, Aki.
    You didn't include yourself. The correct answer was "6, including myself makes 7."

##Unvote
    ##Vote: Ken
    ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa

brilliant

What the heck are you even doing, Akihiko? This is great. I honestly have nothing more to say about Akihiko's "strategies", I just needed this to be in as many posts as possible so we will never forget about this.
    But, now that I am typing this, I realise that his continuous nonsense is causing him to slip under my radar despite being the loudest person in the room. Gotta stay vigilant! I am looking forward to his analysis, he has some good insights when he's not going off the deep end. I have my popcorn at the ready though, just in case.

Re: Aigis & Theodore - I also noted the strange trend of the two of you being on the same side of the argument consistently. Even with my but cursory glances over the course of the day when I was able to check this place out, it stood out to me something chronic. But, as I am still of the opinion that Theo is scum, that leads me to suspect you less Aigis. This is coming purely from the thought that surely the mafia wouldn't do something this incredibly obvious, especially now with Theo doing exactly what Minato said he would - going off on a tangent unrelated to what Aigis is doing.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Greg - Hot Dad's Avatar

Ken: Do you have any thoughts on who is a bad dude?

Same to you, Elizabeth!

Mafia Townsperson [M] Harry - Dad's Dad's Avatar

I'm going to have to look back through everything very carefully before I make up my mind. I realise I've been letting my emotions overinfluence my suspicions, and that's not going to lead anywhere productive. I'm going to try and dump all of my preconceptions and start again from the beginning. Might take a while. I'm only ten, after all.

After spending the last couple hours re-reading the thread a couple of times I now think I know who my vote is going towards. This person has checked in, yet not really took the effort to look for any information yet just tow the line. It makes me very suspicious. So with that...

##Vote: Elizabeth

Mitsuru: Yes, because we know the roles in play it's easier to verify and/or disprove role claims as our numbers dwindle and more roles are revealed. Typically a role claim necessities determining if said role is even present in the game. However, with this set-up we will always have an ever-growing base on which to work with regarding the roles of the players remaining.

As for my tendency to agree with Aigis on everything, I merely haven't found anything particularly n

Damn mobile.

Aigis hasn't said much to require comment on that hasn't been addressed by others. Her inability to actually do anything other than dismiss the behavior of Akihiko is interesting and if he flips a particular way she might deserve a bit of analysis regarding her intentions.