Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 591011121314151617181920212535 ... LastLast

Thread: EoFF XXVII Game Thread - Day Five - Showdown in the Velvet Room

As for Yukari, I mean her logic regarding a No Lynch seemed totally ungelpful and I thought that may have been an attempt to avoid the possibility of having Day 2 essentially be a stalling exercise in trying to keep the Town as deprived for information as possible whilst not actually risking the loss of a scum.

I'm pretty sure I and others have made similar points.

Oh I can assure you I'm not dismissing Akihiko-senpais behaviour. I've been up front about being suspicious of him from the start. When it was just him claiming to have suspects based on opening posts it was easier to believe that was just him attempting to stir the pot in an admittedly strange way. But the more he throws wild accusations around based on the flimsiest of reasoning the more suspicious I am. The possibility is there that he's a SEES that is just bad at deduction or is being deliberately absurd to provoke reactions, but the longer it goes on with him providing no well reasoned insight into who he finds suspicious or the situation in general, the more convinced I am that he's a Strega member that's playing the fool in the hopes of slipping through because of how absurd he is making him seem like he isn't a threat.

Working on a fairly substantial post now. Will post as soon as it's up.

Well okay. Sorry had a baby shower I had to go to yesterday and it lasted far longer than I had hoped. I'm totes having one of those if I ever have one. They got so much free trout.

There is so much to read to catch up on. Let me look over everything and I'll be back in a bit with thoughts. I don't have anything today so I should be able to be more present now.

Okay everyone. Here's the Akihiko Manifesto.

Theodore
    • Voted me as an incentive to clarify my reasoning
    • Suggests it isn’t uncommon for mafia to puppetmaster the game
    • Kept vote on me to prevent discussion from losing focus
    • Did not want to vote no lynch, and said it isn’t necessarily indicative of Mafia (I assume he meant advocating for no lynch) A No Lynch is not indicative of Mafia.
    • Seemed to be open to the idea of lynching a town: nonchalantly says he doesn’t mind voting off a townie unless it’s a power role.
    • Voted for Yukari after stating he hopes he “doesn’t contribute to a majority lynch” yet his vote was the fourth one placed onto her.
    • He even admits he has nothing to go on “would likely prove minimally incriminating, but there’s relatively little to go on”
    • Has an interest in who possesses which roles
    • Stated that he was not trying to bandwagon lynch Yukari but instead trying to put pressure on her, despite the fact that she already had three votes before his vote.
    • Didn’t buy Yukari’s defense
    • Votes for me again on Day 2, citing various reasons including needless aggression, forced persona and interactions, and backing out of a vote due to a disagreement.
    • Seemingly has no interest in suspecting Aigis. Doesn’t deny that he tends to agree with her, and only suggests that she deserves analysis if I end up flipping town/mafia.

Aigis
    • Initially suspected me for “causing dissent and sowing division”
    • Voted me for apparent evasiveness. This was in response to a question Theodore asked me, when he wanted to know what my reasoning was for suspecting a few people right away. My response to his question was to simply provoke him, as I hadn’t mentioned any names yet he voted me over it. I took this as a sign of insecurity, that perhaps he was concerned I was voting him.
    • Criticizes Shinjiro’s vote as being a pure provocation and attempt to elicit more information. However, she literally ignored the fact that Theodore’s vote had literally the exact same purpose.
    • Redacted her vote for me because I was stirring the pot and didn’t have any actual insight
    • Contributed the fourth vote to Yukari’s bandwagon lynch, with her reason being that Yukari was advocating for a no lynch vote.
    • Like Theodore, did not buy Yukari’s defense
    • Brought up Minato and Ken, suspecting them for being inactive
    • Agreed that at least one active player is mafia
    • Voted for Minato in order to encourage him to interact more. She criticized Shinjiro for doing this exact thing on Day 1.
    • Planted doubt on Shinjiro’s vote retraction from Day 1
    • Stated she had different reasons for voting Yukari than Theodore, but this was not true. She also seemed very familiar with Theodore’s reasoning.
    • Concedes that Theodore and her agreed a fair amount, but attempts to distance herself from him by stating he was just him “following her lead.” Says that he was doing this to cast suspicion on her as the leader in some form of alliance. Shady.
    • Continues to suspect me after Theodore has voted for me.

Mitsuru:
    • Seemed willing to vote no lynch. Considered it a safe bet.
    • Defended Yukari despite the bandwagon, voted for Theodore because of his change of heart in regards to voting her.
    • Suspected Theodore again on Day 2 for contributing the fifth vote on her, and for casually pushing for roleclaims.
    • Seemed to casually trust Junpei.

Koromaru:
    • Both agreed and disagreed with Yukari’s desire for a no lynch vote. Voted for her because according to him, there was a greater chance of someone voting for no lynch being mafia.
    • Suggested that the Yukari lynch doesn’t necessarily indicate who is mafia.
    • Suspected Ken, Junpei and Minato for their inactivity.
    • Didn’t like my aggressive approach and suspected me for it
    • Mentioned that there was no concrete reason for suspicion on the Yukari lynch, other than the fact that some people decided voting no lynch = mafia. I found this funny because he was one of these people.
    • Helps out Aigis by answering a question that was directed at her by Ken.

Minato:
    • Initially not convinced that I’m mafia. Stated that I was attempting to analyze as best as I can with what limited information I have.
    • “If Yukari is town, I would stake my reputation that Theodore is mafia.”
    • Backtracks on this a bit, but still suspects him.
    • Thought that Shinjiro may have been targeted by both Mafia and the Doctor.
    • Seems to have valid reasons for why Shinjiro and Theodore could be either town or mafia, but sees Theodore as more suspicious.
    • Suspected Aigis for planting doubt and siding with Theodore. Found that they were consistently in alignment. Ultimately voted for her because of this.
    • Roleclaimed Vanilla Townie.
    • Initially thought Aigis was the Roleblocker, but suspects a third person aside from Theodore and Aigis has this role.
    • Doesn’t seem to have any issue with Aigis voting for him as a more passive member. This isn’t Minato’s reason for suspecting Aigis.
    • Sees myself (Akihiko) as an easy target.
    • Fairly casual interaction with Elizabeth.

Elizabeth:
    • Doesn’t think I’m mafia despite me acting dodgy.
    • With only half an hour before the end of Day 1, she states that she does not find Yukari scummy. Instead she seems to suggest that the bandwagon lynch is scummy.
    • Noticed the Aigis and Theodore chain vote.
    • Did not vote for anyone because she didn’t find anyone immediately scummy.
    • Fairly casual interaction with Minato.

Shinjiro:

• Voted for Aigis for seemingly no reason.
    • Voted for Yukari for “limiting the discourse.” Doesn’t advocate for a no lynch vote.
    • Retracted his vote from Yukari as he felt that the bandwagon lynch needed to be examined. Wants to avoid vote lockdowns.
    • Voted for Theodore, as he felt their chain voting of Yukari was suspicious.
    • Voted for Theodore again on Day 2.
    • Seemed to somewhat suspect Mitsuru for casually trusting Junpei.

Junpei:

• Voted for Yukari because she advocated for a no lynch vote. Thought that only mafia would want this.
    • Doesn’t think I’m mafia, merely thinks I’m just playing aggressively.
    • Suspects Elizabeth for keeping a low profile.
    • Wonders why people jumped on Theodore at the end of Day 1.
    • Suspects Minato.
    • Voted for Elizabeth for her inactivity.

Ken:

• Contributed a mere 2 posts on Day 1. Probably busy.
    • Suspected Shinjiro for “provoking” Theodore.
    • Suspected Aigis for her vote on Minato, as he felt she was trying to portray her vote and intent to lynch as non-suspicious.
    • Voted for me (Akihiko) because I asked him how many townies there are, and I voted him because he didn’t give me an answer I liked. He conceded that this was a retaliation lynch and he retracted his vote.

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

| Day Two |
    Eight hours remain

Theodore - 2 / 6 (Shinjiro, Mitsuru)
    Minato - 1 / 6 (Aigis)
    Aigis - 1 / 6 (Minato)
    Akihiko - 1 / 6 (Theodore)
    Elizabeth - 1 / 6 (Junpei)

Shinjiro- 0 / 6 (Akihiko)
    Ken - 0 / 6 (Akihiko)
    Akihiko - 0 / 6 (Ken)

(Akihiko, Elizabeth, Ken and Koromaru are yet to vote)

As expected, Day Two has a nice spread of votes!

Just to say though: eight hours left until the deadline. Theodore will be lynched in the deadline passes at 01:00 GMT.

Based on my post, I've come up with a few suspects. My four most suspicious players are Theodore, Aigis, Junpei and Koromaru.

Aigis and Theodore are most likely both mafia. They both voted for Yukari together on Day 1 within twenty minutes of each other. At the time they voted, she had already had 3 votes on her. Their two votes essentially guaranteed she would be lynched.

This isn't the first time the two have worked in tandem. At the start of the game, Theodore asked me to clarify my reasoning for suspecting some players. He voted for me over this. I responded by trying to provoke him, as I felt his reply was rather insecure. It seemed odd that he would go so far as to vote for me over my "suspicion" considering I had yet to even name a single person I was suspicious of. In response to my reply, Aigis also voted for me. Her reasoning was that I was evading the question and vote, which had the explicit purpose of provoking me. However, she would later go on to criticize Shinjiro for doing this exact thing.

Their apparent teamwork has continued today, where they are both suspecting me and Theodore is once again voting for me.

Conclusion:

Theodore and Aigis are by far the most scummy players in this game. If one flips mafia, the other is also likely to be mafia. They seem to have been working together from the outset, with Aigis in particular willing to contradict herself in order to throw more suspicion onto me. They probably thought I would be an easy lynch on Day 1 for my aggressive playstyle, but when Yukari came along they had another scapegoat to use. It's likely they probably thought they had thrown enough suspicion on me to get me lynched today as well.

I'm willing to take the risk on one of them being mafia.

##Vote: Theodore

Alright, I have my breakfast casserole in the oven and i'm loaded up on coffee now! Let's get this rolling! I think the easiest way for me to share my thoughts on all of this will be to list everyone out and share how I'm feeling here. Some may have more thoughts than others from me. I haven't been active, and I'm super sorry for that. This game started on the worst weekend for me. My workload should be slower on monday so I'll be able to check this tomorrow while i'm there when the day starts as well (If I make it til then that would suck if when I finally have time I get axed in the night, ugh)

First off, we know 3 are mafia and 3 are roles. I'm going to try my best to not speculate and out someone with a role cause that'd be troutty when that happens to people

Mitsuru:
    I am not feeling a mafia vibe much here. Their behavior has been, well very townish? Maybe i've been duped. I just don't see what they're saying as scummy. I think that may be cause I was also along the lines of thinking that theo was possibly a mafiaoso at the beginning of the day. Them pointing out how much Theo has been evading questions when so many have asked!

Akihiro:
    Ohhhh akihiro. I have had this are they aren't they this whole game. Part of me wants to be like "oh a mafia wouldn't be this loud and ridiculous" but then, maybe that's the perfect strategy? Maybe being so random is a way to get people to go off the tracts when trying to pinpoint scum? Your job is to confuse the town? I mean so far your logic has been "Oh a person who posted a few words on the check in day is scummy." "Oh someone who wants to no lynch on day one is scum" "oh when someone does math wrong they're scum" Those are all very, not good reasons to think someone is scummy? I think i'm leaning toward confusing the town intentionally. The last game I played I made the mistake of thinking the loud ridiculous one was town, I don't think i'll be doing that again.

Shinjiro:
    The voting history of shinjiro makes me kinda wonder what's going on here. I don't think they intentionally tried to start a bandwagon, as I said before. And as I had said, them noticing the piling on starting they unvoted. That to me shows me that they weren't trying to lead the town to a quick lynch. I mean, that could have been a mafia trying to save their skin but the more posts I read by shinjiro, I'm not sure. I don't think they had strega thoughts about their actions.

Minato:
    I honestly don't know what to think about Minato. I have agreed with most their posts they've posted so far. I know that's dangerous too! What if i'm being led astray? But they've been pretty spot on in what I was also thinking. I wary though because I don't want to trust anyone. I see them maybe just being a more quiet town. When they do post, it makes me think and understand their point of view on things.
    Ken:
    Ken has hardly even posted! While Minato has posted some longer pieces kens have been short. Although I can understand that akihiro vote and then unvote after akihiro started point a finger over a miscount post.

Aigis:
    Aigis. Dear aigis. You are the one I really do not know where I fall. There are posts of yours where I feel you have the town's best interest at heart and then some things you say, my eyebrow perks up. As I mentioned before, I'm not keen on the jump to push an almost bandwagon lynch on day one with you and Theo. But your recent posts have me rethinking that. I'm not sure if it was ill timed or a mafia planned vote.
    Theodore:
    So theo is pretty much super suspicious in my eyes. Your voting history from day 1 coming into day 2. I was never convinced of the "no lynch = mafia" thing and I don't think I will ever be. When this game is over I will probably be arguing this in the discussion thread for a bit ha. And even though Yukhari, in my eyes, seemed to be making a decent case for themselves, to me it was a silly reason to push for a lynch. I'm leaning toward scum on theo but I am not completely sold on it either. Ahhh this game, I dunno what to think.

Koromaru:
    For one, I enjoy this role play of barking. Thought i'd get that out there haha. That's a fun way to do it. That has nothing to do with my suspicions, I just thought i'd share ha.

I really haven't been able to really get a read on Koromaru either. They seem to really be contributing and when asked, they explain. I dunno if this is a smooth mafiaso or a good town. Of course, they were also one of the ones to vote for poor Yukari based on the no-lynch thing. Which I'm again, not happy as an excuse on day one. So they aren't completely in the clear for me but nothing else has really jumped out at me for me to be really convinced.
    Junpei:

Junpei has been fairly inactive themselves, mentioned my inactivity twice now but has posted one or two sentences for each post and a bit less than I have. They said they spent the time to re-read the thread and then haven't posted much to even participate? Strange.

Overall. I've been wishy washy on akihiro this whole time. I think they are, I think they aren't. I think they are. I think they aren't! Well I feel that maybe there's too much waffling for me. I don't think they are being productive to the town. I have had past experiences in these games where I think the loud ones couldn't possibly be mafia cause that's waaay too much spotlight on them.

So that being said

##vote: Akhiro

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

Arf!

[##vote: Akihiko]

Woof!

[I can't help but feel that his attempts at pointing fingers look very desperate, with all that Ken business being exceptionally baffling. Again, might be just that his particular style doesn't sit well with me, but while I was suspicious before, this act pretty much cemented it for me, especially since he later tried to back out of it somehow.]

Bark!

[You can't just point to yet another flimsy reason, go "Aha! Now I've got you, mafia scum!", back out from that, and then expect people not be suspicious. Of course, I could always be wrong, but in my view, this is way more suspicious than anything anyone else has done so far. So either he's mafia, or just someone who thinks they're doing a better job than they actually are.]

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

Grr!

[Just thought I should clarify this again - I did not vote Yukari because I though no lynch=mafia. I simply wanted to vote someone and she was the only one that gave me any reason other than "you suspect me so I'm voting to lynch you"

Oh man, as I was typing all that up, akihiro posted sooo much. Let me look over that.

Wait, how am I suspicious for NOT suspecting someone, Akihiko? What the hell?

I mean so far you've been the primary contributor on piling suspicion on Aigis; yet I'm the only one who out of the many other persons who are being targeted by you for it??

Also Koromaru literally just posted that he didn't particularly suspect Yukari either and still voted for her anyway?

I don't understand you.

I mean regarding Yukari, Koromaru admitted he was voting her for ancillary reasons, whilst Junpei and Aigis voted using the same criteria as I did. What sealed the deal for me was the apparent "if you voted for me your scum" argument which seemed inconsistent with her insistence on data and mathematics up to that point. With relatively few narratives, that was the one I felt most strongly on.

It was an objectively bad choice, but I wasn't the lone person contributing.

Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko
    • Suggests it isn’t uncommon for mafia to puppetmaster the game
    Ah yes, truly my masterminding at work.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Koromaru View Post
    [I can't help but feel that his attempts at pointing fingers look very desperate, with all that Ken business being exceptionally baffling. Again, might be just that his particular style doesn't sit well with me, but while I was suspicious before, this act pretty much cemented it for me, especially since he later tried to back out of it somehow.]
    What's desperate is someone taking the easy out and bandwagon lynching the player with the most votes or generally aggressive playstyle. You don't want to bother scumhunting, so instead your plan is to just go with the flow and vote me out.

[You can't just point to yet another flimsy reason, go "Aha! Now I've got you, mafia scum!", back out from that, and then expect people not be suspicious.]
    Like how you voted for Yukari for a flimsy reason, backed out of it by saying the lynch "doesn't necessarily indicate who is Mafia," and are somehow not expecting yourself to look suspicious?

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Theodore View Post
    Wait, how am I suspicious for NOT suspecting someone, Akihiko? What the hell?
    It's called playing favorites. If you're town you should be suspicious of everyone. Not that you would know that, seeing as you aren't town.

I mean so far you've been the primary contributor on piling suspicion on Aigis; yet I'm the only one who out of the many other persons who are being targeted by you for it??
    I actually haven't. Minato is the one who was most suspicious of Aigis.