Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 111516171819202122232425262731 ... LastLast

Thread: EoFF XXVII Game Thread - Day Five - Showdown in the Velvet Room

We should start looking at who won't talk. Mafia has the advantage by not talking much. The less posts, the less they discriminate themselves. I am wondering more and more about Ken. He seems to duck in and out not wishing to ask much.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

Woof!

[At this point, I really don't think we stand to gain anything by not lynching - we have five townies and three mafias, meaning that out of all of us, nearly half the people are mafia. If we manage to hit one of them, we'll be able to extend our game and stand a greater chance to win, since then they'll need to reduce the overall town populace to four, which will still take a while, but that also give us even more time to weed out the rest of the mafia.

There are a couple of reasons why I think Minato could have been targeted specifically:
    1) he was targeting one of the mafia
    2) his reasoning was getting too close to the truth so he was dangerous/a potential role in the eyes of mafia
    3) since his pool of suspects was limited, it's also possible that he didn't list the mafia who did the killing - that way they could kill him without raising suspicion

We now know he was dead wrong about Theodore. I personally never understood how that bandwagon formed, but that's moot at this point. Let's take a look at his other suspects.

Team A: Theodore, Aigis, Koromaru

Theodore: he's gone, and he flipped town, so he was wrong on that
    Aigis: Minato claimed she was trying to sacrifice Theodore which is how he explained away that she's voting for him. This, of course, turned out to be wrong, so we know she definitely wasn't in league with Theo. So Aigis could very well be mafia, which is why she targeted Theo. However, she knew that Minato would be on her case should he stay alive once Theo was out of the picture, and logically, she could have decided to kill him to stop that - but since she was his prime suspect, that would kind of make her most suspicious to us.
    Koromaru: I can't really comment on myself objectively other than the fact that I don't think Minato ever really elaborated why he thought it had to be me. I can only say that, other than that, the situation is similar to Aigis's with regard to suspicions and Minato's killing. Make of that what you will.

Team B: Minato, Akihiko, Elizabeth/Mitsuru

His second likely-in-any-way team also consists of him, so I'll just skip that since we already know what happened.

Akihiko: while he was listed, it was low priority, so the kill would still not have been too incriminating to him. But again, whenever an option seems too obvious, we need to consider the fact that the mafia might think the same and do a double fake-out, so who can tell, really. TBH, I still think he's the schmmiest of the bunch and I still can't wrap my head around how he's still in the game. The finger pointing so far has been incredibly unproductive, only serving to disrupt us. Then again, it may just be me. Also, proposing no-lynch now? Fishy.

Mitsuru: pretty much in the same boat as Akihiko when it comes to suspicion based on Minato's discourse. Has also been pretty quiet for a while.

Elizabeth: same as Mitsuru. She's low on my personal priority list, and I think it's a good idea to take into consideration the fact that Minato thought she's a doctor. I can't really remember what his reasoning for that was.

And that leaves Junpei and Ken who had literally nothing to lose by killing Minato since they both weren't listed as he didn't think anyone else could possibly be mafia. These are pretty much ideal circumstances for killing. And now Junpei is trying to point at Ken. Granted, the reasoning is valid, but I can't help but feel he's taking advantage of the situation.]

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Koromaru View Post
    Also, proposing no-lynch now? Fishy.
    In what universe is this fishy?

Assuming the town's power roles aren't roleblocked, we'll get another night to obtain more information. The mafia will have a pretty good chance at killing a power role (3/5 odds), but 2 will remain in the game. Meaning that at least one of the tracker or the cop is guaranteed to survive.

We're already at a stage where people are going to need to start roleclaiming either today or tomorrow should we elect to vote no-lynch.

Also, Minato was probably killed because the mafia suspected he had a power role. Therefore some of his posts may have ultimately been true.

Arf!

[Unless he was specifically killed because his predictions were inaccurate and this kill was meant to throw us off. But I do agree it's likely that they thought he was a role.]

Grr!

[As usual, the no-lynch debate doesn't have one clear answer as both sides have advantages, but I'd personally rather try and get one of the mafia so we stand a greater chance of extending our time right now, possibly even not losing another townie.]

Bark!

[I also don't think it's time to claim roles since if we end up killing a town, they will know who to target so they can get away with killing the final person more easily. It's still safer to lay low at this point, I believe.]

Bark bark!

[My personal prime suspects at this point are Aigis, Junpei, and Akihiko, though I can't say anyone is off the hook. Also, everything can still change. I'll wait until I've had a good feel of everyone's discourse today until I decide on my vote.]

I wasn't pointing at Ken. I just simply said my suspicions of him are up. I believe Mitsuru to be Mafia, and though Elizabeth has played a decent don't put much on me game. Mitsuru has a few times let a gem fall they are together in my opinion which is why I voted for her yesterday. I will go through the list of who is left from most suspicious to least in my thoughts.

Mitsuru: no doubt in my mind Mafia. This player has let a few things slip that has been damning yet it went just about unchallenged due to the Theodore band wagon.

Elizabeth: This is simply guilt by association with Mitsuru.

Aigis: There just seems to be something there they are not telling us. It may be the player is town with a night role and doesn't wish to incriminate themselves, or they are a part of the mafia.

Ken: Just covered Ken a few post ago.

Shinjiro: has been quite in the last little bit. Not sure where he stands.

Koromaru: don't think you are playing as mafia, but may be wrong. You do tend to put thoughts into posts when you post and try to uncover what you can.

Alihiko: To be honest I believe him when he says he is Vanilla. He is all over the map in an attempt to weasel any information he can out of anyone he can. It points a lot of fingers at him, but he is looking everywhere for any information he can find.

That is my list as it stands right now. We need to hang a mafia today or it's game over for us.

AWOO!

[I totally forgot Shinjiro existed! Wow. Talk about being a professional at laying low. Incidentally, he's another person that wasn't at all listed by Minato. I'm adding him to my list, then.]

As usual, the no-lynch debate doesn't have one clear answer as both sides have advantages, but I'd personally rather try and get one of the mafia so we stand a greater chance of extending our time right now, possibly even not losing another townie.
    Except our time is guaranteed to extend if we vote no lynch today. Our time ends if we lynch town.

[I also don't think it's time to claim roles since if we end up killing a town, they will know who to target so they can get away with killing the final person more easily. It's still safer to lay low at this point, I believe.]
    What the hell are you talking about "if we end up killing a town" ? Is this a scumslip or what? Sure looks like one to me.

Your post looks suspect as hell, dude. Pushing hard for a lynch when it isn't necessary, reluctance to roleclaim, and your statement about "killing a town" are all making you sound like mafia.

##Vote: Koromaru

I agree that claiming a role early in day three may be a little quick. Mafia doesn't have to find out who the killer is, but instead has to figure out the towns power roles and try to exterminate them. I also agree that a No Lynch will not help us in the slightest. I always say a No Lynch is a move Mafia uses to save their own skin and stop the flow of information put out by the town.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Akihiko View Post
    As usual, the no-lynch debate doesn't have one clear answer as both sides have advantages, but I'd personally rather try and get one of the mafia so we stand a greater chance of extending our time right now, possibly even not losing another townie.
    Except our time is guaranteed to extend if we vote no lynch today. Our time ends if we lynch town.

What the hell are you talking about "if we end up killing a town" ? Is this a scumslip or what? Sure looks like one to me.

Your post looks suspect as hell, dude. Pushing hard for a lynch when it isn't necessary, reluctance to roleclaim, and your statement about "killing a town" are all making you sound like mafia.

##Vote: Koromaru
    -_-

[Dude... if we, town, end up ACCIDENTALLY killing town.

Think about it. People claim roles. We don't lynch those who claimed roles, so we pick one of the remaining five people. But instead, we hit a vanilla town - KILLING. A town in the process, while the mafia can easily target a role at night, possibly even a doctor, so no one can stop them anymore.

You know, some basic reading comprehension skills can make this game a lot more logical and less random. You should try it sometime!]

Claiming a role at this stage is dangerous Minato got killed due to the mafia thinking she had a role for what she put out in the open. We should look at her lists and we can see she had a few mafia pegged with list two. In my opinion. They thought she was either a doctor, or a tracker, and thus the kill on her.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Junpei View Post
    I agree that claiming a role early in day three may be a little quick. Mafia doesn't have to find out who the killer is, but instead has to figure out the towns power roles and try to exterminate them. I also agree that a No Lynch will not help us in the slightest. I always say a No Lynch is a move Mafia uses to save their own skin and stop the flow of information put out by the town.
    Normally yes, but considering we are in a mislynch or lose scenario roleclaiming is pretty much a necessity. No Lynching has benefits to town in this particular instance.

[Dude... if we, town, end up ACCIDENTALLY killing town.
    If we accidentally lynch town, the game is over. Barring a lucky protection from the Doctor. I would rather not leave my game up to a 1/4 chance if I can avoid it.

You know, some basic reading comprehension skills can make this game a lot more logical and less random. You should try it sometime!]
    For someone who tells me to try "basic reading comprehension skills" you seem to lack them yourself. Otherwise you wouldn't have missed the "Mislynch-or-Lose" text written in big bold letters.

Claiming a role at this stage is dangerous Minato got killed due to the mafia thinking she had a role for what she put out in the open. We should look at her lists and we can see she had a few mafia pegged with list two. In my opinion. They thought she was either a doctor, or a tracker, and thus the kill on her.
    Except Minato LITERALLY claimed they were a Vanilla townie. Either the mafia didn't read the claim or they didn't trust it (which I find less likely to believe because who the hell would lie in that scenario).

Considering you also seem to have missed the claim I'm starting to think you're either incredibly dense or mafia yourself.

Woof!

[It's not exactly mislynch or lose, since the doctor can still potentially protect the mafia's next target. Which is why asking people to reveal themselves now is pretty smurfing stupid.]

Bark!

[Voting no-lynch only serves to extend our suffering since by the end of the day, we'll be no closer to reducing the mafia's number, and they'll still end up killing someone the next night. Then the next day, it's truly mislynch or lose, AND lynch or lose. While if we manage to kill a mafia today, our fourth day can be a lot less tense, and we'll have a lot more info to go on since we'll know who one of the mafia was - as long as we get that far.]

Ruff!

[Fkr someone who's advocating for no lynch so strongly, you're pretty quick to lynch everyone today instead of voting no lynch. Scared of making the first move? That the fact you were the one to do it could be used against you?]

Everyone at that point in the game will claim vanilla. It is dangerous not to. Vanilla is the safest claim anyone can make. They had said... I'm the doctor, do you think Mafia wouldn't kill her for sure? It is the claim everyone in their right mind would claim if they thought they were dying in the night.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Akihiko View Post
    Except Minato LITERALLY claimed they were a Vanilla townie. Either the mafia didn't read the claim or they didn't trust it (which I find less likely to believe because who the hell would lie in that scenario).

Considering you also seem to have missed the claim I'm starting to think you're either incredibly dense or mafia yourself.
    Arf!

[Except it's common sense to lie in this instance because revealing yourself as a role puts the whole town at a disadvantage!]