Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4141819202122232425262728293034 ... LastLast

Thread: EoFF XXVII Game Thread - Day Five - Showdown in the Velvet Room

I was blocked on night 2. Night one I tracked the puppy. Night 2 Mitsuru but that was blocked. By insinuating I tracked Mitsuru night one she came out with a wild claim as Cop for no reason. It was backed up bye Koromau who Said he was the doctor. Since he is who I actually tracked we were able to flush them both out as mafia.

Might as well ask this, who was the one who was blocked on Night 1?

I think they said it was Mitsuru but it was actually Koromaru, if I read that right.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Akihiko View Post
    The mafia will have to claim one of these and at that point we can just investigate their claim.
    Wow, so much happened during the night. And here I thought my plan to blow the game wide open seemed risky. I'm going to drop the pretense of the role playing now because it's a pain in the ass to keep up when trout is this serious.

Mafia already claimed a role. Koromaru is not the Doctor, I am. On day one I protected Mitsuru. I wasn't convinced of anyone really at the time so I chose at random. Congratulations Mitsu, you survived because Mitsuru is my waifu. So I've been 99% sure she wasn't mafia this whole time since not trying to night kill on night one was statistically stupid.

Night two I figured she seemed like the obvious choice for me to save and that she wouldn't be targeted for that reason. I'm not one to play that conservative a game that I'll just target her again though. I went with someone else I was 50/50 on that wasn't making too many waves in the hope that if he was the one chosen I'd gain some new information. Since I'm not the only role in this game after all I figured the others were bound to find something if I didn't. So I protected Koromaru. Obviously not the best choice since he was never in danger but hey! We know our first mafia with 100% certainty now so time to rock out to that one boys and girls! And he's one that's slipped through the cracks enough that maybe he's roleblocker? I don't know. Might be too early to say that, though he's certainly a role stealer!

Now until reading everything this morning Junpei was one of my prime suspects. He was pushing Mitsuru pretty hard without much to really back his claim. Since I knew she was town it seemed like a mafia perhaps trying to generate a lynch vote for a townie. But if he's actually the tracker and saw that she moved to investigate someone then by my admittedly limited understanding of the game since it's my first mafia tells me that makes sense, so I'm less suspicious now, and certainly less suspicious of him than Koromaru.

Other suspects I had prior to today included Akihiko because he just contributes so little to the actual discussions and his accusations are about 70% insane and 30% sane. Honestly I think he's mafia trying to avoid too much suspicion by being completely battrout and so far the only legitimate claims he's actually made have been against town while everything else is so god damn ridiculous it makes no sense.

My other suspects largely came down to Koromaru since I was having trouble getting a bead on him (hence protecting him in case of a night kill since that could have cleared him up almost completely for me), and Elizabeth since she was suspicious of Junpei but not really pushing him hard and suspected Akihiko but could have been tossing him under the bus since he's crazy. I was also having a tough time really feeling her out as she's been a little less active and not really committing hard to any actions. Obviously Junpei maybe (probably?) not being mafia changes my assessment of her a bit and of everyone really. Though I stand by my Akihiko is mafia vote if only because I would really hope that a town wouldn't be this god damn nuts and he's been largely unhelpful. Probably deliberately so.

And now a little refresh before I post we see that Junpei is claiming he followed Koromaru night one and Mitsuru night two but was blocked. Again, I protected Mitsuru night one, which given Koromaru falsely claiming to be doctor makes me think he was the guy going out for a bit of killing. I'm assuming he made the claim since he knew he visited Mitsuru and could have been found out? Sorry Koromaru, no Mitsu kibble for you.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Junpei View Post
    I was blocked on night 2. Night one I tracked the puppy. Night 2 Mitsuru but that was blocked. By insinuating I tracked Mitsuru night one she came out with a wild claim as Cop for no reason. It was backed up bye Koromau who Said he was the doctor. Since he is who I actually tracked we were able to flush them both out as mafia.
    What made you suspect Mitsuru so much that you were willing to lie over? Don't get me wrong, I'm happy it worked out. But it could have easily backfired had she really been town and you lied about it.

Blocked, not tracked. The one who was blocked should know about it, no? (Even if they are vanilla?) Of course it's always possible to strategically refrain from roleblocking anyone so you can claim to have been roleblocked the following day, or of course the one who was roleblocked on Night 1 could have been Theo or Minato, but I figured I might as well ask.

Haha wow. Well I thought to hold back so the Doc could feel less pressured fitting into Vanilla Townies, but I might as well say it: I'm the other Vanilla Town. If Aki's telling the truth that means everyone besides us is either scum or a power role.

OKAY

So if Junpei is to be believed, they tracked Koromaru and koromaru did nothing.
    Koromaru Claims to have protected Mitsuru twice.
    Mitsuru claims insane cop if investigated.
    Aigis claims doctor as well. Says protected Mitsuru night one.

Mitsuru had guilty verdict of theo night one. And Guilty for Koromaru.
    So we know mitsuru was wrong on night one because theo flipped town.

Mitsuru could be right or wrong on koromaru depending on which doctor we choose to believe.

If we choose koromaru to believe, then he'd have the most to gain. If we choose Aigis to believe then koromaru's claim is wrong.

OR if Mitsuru is lying, well this is a clustersmurf then and I dunno what to believe!

If i'm town, you're town, akihiro is town then someone is lying. And I know I'm not so

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Shinjiro View Post
    Haha wow. Well I thought to hold back so the Doc could feel less pressured fitting into Vanilla Townies
    I'm not one for really playing a passive game. I'm fully aware that tonight I'm a night kill since I can't protect myself. But I'm also aware that if we lynch a mafia we are no worse off after that fact than if we were to no lynch or if we managed to lynch a mafia and I protected someone. Really, we're just better off being guaranteed a mafia today than guessing wrong again because we won't share information and counting on me picking correctly and not being the person targeted for the kill. So here we go, risk time.

I don't like playing a slow passive game. If I'm playing Counter-Strike, I'm the person rushing an awper or two on the point with a P90 and not letting go of the trigger until they're all dead or I'm dead. If I'm playing Starcraft, I'm the one shooting in the doors of your base five minutes in with 50 supply worth of marines. I'm the one sticking around after you concede the game because beating you wasn't enough and I'm going to finish killing every single building and unit you have before I'm done. If I'm playing Overwatch, I'm the person picking a damage role because I want to put as many bullets in as many faces as I can.

So with this day getting so crazy especially (though I was going to post everything anyway when I went to bed last night when I thought a big role claim would actually be a much bigger shake up until three others beat me to it), it's time for me to hold down that trigger and pump some bullets into some faces.

This is seriously what I live for now. A massive adrenaline rush fly by the seat of your pants game where anything can happen and crazy plays are being made left and right. Whatever happens today, this is glorious!

https://youtu.be/E7oMBq1vkCM

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Aigis View Post
    Mafia already claimed a role. Koromaru is not the Doctor, I am. On day one I protected Mitsuru. I wasn't convinced of anyone really at the time so I chose at random. Congratulations Mitsu, you survived because Mitsuru is my waifu. So I've been 99% sure she wasn't mafia this whole time since not trying to night kill on night one was statistically stupid.
    Either you're Mafia #3 or you really are the doctor and things are getting complicated.

Mitsuru's cop claim doesn't make sense, as it doesn't reflect how the actual mechanics of the role work. There's no such thing as a stipulation that lets you flip from sane to insane, and if there was, how would she know? How would she know what triggers it?

If Mitsuru is mafia, to claim such a crazy role or a role at all may mean that she HAS a role. Maybe she's the roleblocker.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Akihiko View Post
    Mitsuru's cop claim doesn't make sense, as it doesn't reflect how the actual mechanics of the role work. There's no such thing as a stipulation that lets you flip from sane to insane, and if there was, how would she know? How would she know what triggers it?
    One would presume Igor told her. Though if she is mafia I'll say this, jesus christ that was an incredibly well played day one con. But I'm willing to be my life she's town. And either way, I'm dead tonight and you'll have your answer. But by god am I ever going to go down swinging!

Bet my life. Not be my life. That just makes no sense.