Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5151920212223242526272829303135 ... LastLast

Thread: EoFF XXVII Game Thread - Day Five - Showdown in the Velvet Room

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Elizabeth View Post
    If Mitsuru is mafia, to claim such a crazy role or a role at all may mean that she HAS a role. Maybe she's the roleblocker.
    That's what I wondered as well. She deliberately claimed a role that has a target and *specified* her target without even waiting for Junpei to claim what target he saw her pursuing. Regardless of what her role is, I think it's quite fair to say Theo was her target during the night, which means she is either the Mafia Roleblocker banking on the Tracker only being told who she roleblocked (which is why I asked about this earlier, Igor or Junpei, care to clarify?), or she is actually a Town Power Role. Since neither of the two doc claims says they protected Theo, her ability can't have been a kill, otherwise Theo would've actually turned up dead the next day.

Whew this is messy.

If no one else claims Doctor or Cop, I'm willing to concede that Aigis and Mitsuru are both town.

I suppose a role with a stipulation like that could theoretically exist although I find it particularly restrictive. That isn't really how the Sanity/Insanity mechanic is supposed to work.

This would leave Elizabeth, Ken and Shinjiro as mafia suspects. Since Shinjiro was the first to come out and claim Vanilla, I believe Ken and Elizabeth are mafia.

##Vote: Koromaru

And on top of that, Mitsuru's claim could only make sense if the Doc ACTUALLY DID protect her on Night 1. Could've been a ploy with Koromaru in tow to get the real doc to come forward, but this falls apart when we consider that nobody died on Night 1, which means the one who was targeted was protected. And unless Aigis is in on this whole thing, or the Mafia deliberately didn't kill anyone to set this up from the beginning (in which case are you smurfing kidding me) it seems Mitsuru HAD to have been the one targeted by Mafia that night.

Not even kidding, I'm almost hoping this is a huge charade by Mitsuru, Koromaru and Aigis and they are actually all scum because that would just be a smurfing beautiful move.

Anywho, I suppose I might as well lock my vote in now. Or at least a vote since I know with certainty Koromaru is mafia now. Not like I could paint a bigger target on my back anyway.

Come at me mafia!

##vote: Koromaru

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Shinjiro View Post
    And on top of that, Mitsuru's claim could only make sense if the Doc ACTUALLY DID protect her on Night 1. Could've been a ploy with Koromaru in tow to get the real doc to come forward, but this falls apart when we consider that nobody died on Night 1, which means the one who was targeted was protected. And unless Aigis is in on this whole thing, or the Mafia deliberately didn't kill anyone to set this up from the beginning (in which case are you smurfing kidding me) it seems Mitsuru HAD to have been the one targeted by Mafia that night.

Not even kidding, I'm almost hoping this is a huge charade by Mitsuru, Koromaru and Aigis and they are actually all scum because that would just be a smurfing beautiful move.
    Whoa​I hadn't even thought of that! That would be, wow.

Either way, no matter how you twist and turn it, Koromaru is Mafia in any setup. Their doc claim was just way too convenient; since Mitsuru said he was the one she investigated on Night 2, he had to discredit her claim, and fast. Several other ways he could've done that (claiming real cop, feigning ignorance and having a partner come forward as doc, claiming a Mafia conspiracy against him), but picking the one that forces the real doc to come forward seems plausible enough for a Mafia.

I won't vote for him quite just yet, as I still want to hear from everyone involved.

I'm at this point, If I go with MItsuru telling the truth, either Koromaru or Aigis is real.

If I go with Mitsuru being fake, then Koromaru or Aigis are possibly both lying or one of them is. They both claimed to protect mitsuru day one, which no one died so that would mean mitsuru was town but then I don... brain fired

The Tracker works in the sense that you can tell if someone made a night move, but it won't tell you what side they are on. Koromaru did nothing on night one and then claimed doctor. He had no night moves used that night so his claim of doctor is false. He is mafia as him claiming doctor as a mafia would put a my word vs yours, but me picking him to track showed he is not the doctor.

I don't think it would be a good move. Too susceptible to counter claims.

Also it seems like Elizabeth is one of the mafia. Her responses are very reactionary and of little substance. She also claims she's "town" and suggests someone is lying yet doesn't offer a specific role herself.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Elizabeth View Post
    Whoa​I hadn't even thought of that! That would be, wow.
    Well if that really was the case then we'd still have a real cop and doc around somewhere and nothing would stop them from claiming and revealing this farce. It would be quite an insane move =P

Aigis is the best bet as doctor at the moment. Unless he is third mafia to create a safe space for the other two when Koromaru was outed as a false doctor.

I'll be honest Akihiko, I don't find any of that from Elizabeth right now all that suspicious. This trout has gone battrout crazy and I love it. If towns people in non-power roles weren't losing their minds and confused as hell right now I'd find it more suspicious.

I'm quite convinced of Mitsuru's legitimacy at this point. Nobody died on Night 1, and two people claimed doc and claimed to have protected her. Again, unless the Mafia deliberately did not kill anybody, this just isn't happening.

Perhaps the doc-switching-sanity gimmick is some sort of reference to Persona 3, not that I'd know?

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Aigis View Post
    I'll be honest Akihiko, I don't find any of that from Elizabeth right now all that suspicious. This trout has gone battrout crazy and I love it. If towns people in non-power roles weren't losing their minds and confused as hell right now I'd find it more suspicious.
    How the hell is she not suspicious? There are no more unclaimed town roles left. She has suggested she is town but hasn't offered any specific role.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Junpei View Post
    The Tracker works in the sense that you can tell if someone made a night move, but it won't tell you what side they are on. Koromaru did nothing on night one and then claimed doctor. He had no night moves used that night so his claim of doctor is false. He is mafia as him claiming doctor as a mafia would put a my word vs yours, but me picking him to track showed he is not the doctor.
    I can't argue this. It fits if he's mafia then Aigis is town. Or at least... I'm not sure but koromaru is not looking good.

##Vote: Koromaru