Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 7172122232425262728293031323337 ... LastLast

Thread: EoFF XXVII Game Thread - Day Five - Showdown in the Velvet Room

Agreed. Most notably, it's still possible Ken ends up claiming something besides Vanilla Town or refuses to claim for some reason.

Locking down a vanilla town role early doesn't mean the person claiming it is town. You keep saying they only had one more available but that's flat wrong since anyone can try and refute the claim of you or Shinjiro. I don't know why you don't see that if you're town and if you're mafia you're making a very lame attempt to convince me you're not.

"I can't be mafia because I said I was town first so I must be town." Yeah, no.

No night one kill was one of two things. Doctor protection or mafia didn't make a move to throw a wrench into town investigators and the doctor.

For me the way the role was claimed was the damning evidence. It was almost a set response to if a role claim came out with evidence against them. By me insinuating my claim on Mitsuru it set off the chain reaction to throw one mafia under the bus koromaru in order for a mafia win end game. I have seen the tactic used before with great success for a mafia win.

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In amongst all of this, I should just say not to use people's identities IRL, as it goes against the spirit of the game. I mean, I can't stop you reading tone and language to draw your own conclusions, because Igor can't mind-control, but refrain from using it in-thread as some sort of evidence. It negates the whole point of secret accounts and is against the spirit of the game.

Who'd have thought the robot would be the one to appeal to emotion, eh?

Anyway, I'll also post a vote count and time check soon, so keep having fun, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Aigis View Post
    First off, you started the day accusing her by simply saying she seems scummy to you.
    Yes, because she has been acting fairly aloof and distancing herself from being a huge part of any major discussion. I'm not buying it.

Seriously, if you're trying to convince me that because some people said they're vanilla town she can't be then I'm more convinced than ever you're mafia and she's town because that is the single worst piece of reasoning I've seen this entire game.
    I'm speaking from my own point of view, as a Vanilla Townie. Because I am telling the truth, only one of Shinjiro or Elizabeth can be the other Vanilla Townie. Therefore one has to be lying.

Pretty solid reasoning to me. Whether you choose to trust me or not is up to you.

Third, no, of course people outside of the game =/= people inside. But unless you're a sociopath most people have a hard time maintaining false emotions and reactions over a long period of time. And I know what her reacting genuinely looks like. So either she's a damn good actor or I'm trusting my gut for now.
    Okay, cool. It's possible that she's telling the truth and that Shinjiro is the one who's lying. But your gut is 100% wrong about me and I can't wait until you realize it.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Junpei View Post
    No night one kill was one of two things. Doctor protection or mafia didn't make a move to throw a wrench into town investigators and the doctor.
    I still don't buy the no kill idea. It's statistically so unlikely for town roles to guess the righht people on that first turn that it's probably the worst time for a no kill. I just can't see giving up the chance for that early kill in order to go for the extremely low possibility that they throw off investigations. If it were me give me the easy kill and early lead. Especially after a town lynch.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Igor View Post
    In amongst all of this, I should just say not to use people's identities IRL, as it goes against the spirit of the game. I mean, I can't stop you reading tone and language to draw your own conclusions, because Igor can't mind-control, but refrain from using it in-thread as some sort of evidence. It negates the whole point of secret accounts and is against the spirit of the game.

Who'd have thought the robot would be the one to appeal to emotion, eh?

Anyway, I'll also post a vote count and time check soon, so keep having fun, everyone!
    100% agree with this. In most games I play this would be outright considered cheating and would earn you a swift modkill.

Of course, talking with other people outside of the game as fine just as long as you aren't talking about the game itself. But a game like this with secret identities, I think it's fairly important to respect the secrecy of it all.

Good thing I didn't name names then.

...and Doc protection is impossible if you believe Aigis to be Town and Mitsuru to be Mafia, since Aigis claims to have protected Mitsuru.

I mean sure Mafia going moveless is a possibility still, I just want you to be clear on the fact that your theory basically requires this to be the case.

It's not unfounded for mafia not to move night one if they think someone was on them and then there is no suspicious activity. My guess is the doctor guessed right however.

I never said that Aigis is the doctor. He has said that so far unchallenged.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Junpei View Post
    I never said that Aigis is the doctor. He has said that so far unchallenged.
    But your list of suspects does not include Aigis Xx

I think it's safe to say the safe lynch today is Koromaru, yet let's try to get all the mafia out of their holes.

I never said he wasn't the doctor there either. Just tossing out another scenario however he was low on my suspicions list.