Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101424 ... LastLast

Thread: EoFF XXVII Game Thread - Day Five - Showdown in the Velvet Room

activity thing* not big. I apologize for the typo.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Greg - Hot Dad's Avatar

That certainly is some ridiculous reasoning you've got there, Akihiko. If that were the case then we must have 5 mafia here because 5 players made minimal "I'm here" posts.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

Arf arf!

[Sorry I'm late! There was a frog that neede to be punished!]

Awoo!

[Let's get the bad guys! Give me a moment while I reread the whole thread.]

Mafia Townsperson [M] Harry - Dad's Dad's Avatar

Can... can I stroke you Koromaru? Your fur looks so soft and fluffy!

Wow, you guys all move fast. All these suspicions flying around are a bit much for me to keep up with: I'm only 10, after all.

I'm not surely sure what to think, to be honest. People piled onto Akihiko a little too quickly for my liking. We should probably vote for somebody though, in my experience voting for "no lynch" doesn't seem to do you any favours.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

Bork!

[To be perfectly honest, this is pretty tough. No one's really acting in a way that could raise any suspicions. But then, perhaps people who are the first to point fingers are acting suspicious? But maybe they're just trying to move things forward?]

*yawn*

[I'll wait a bit with my vote. We still haven't heard from Arisato-dono, and I want to hear from as many people as possible before making my decision.]

I'm here.

I'm not convinced Akihiko is Mafia. His behavior is indicative of:

A) Someone trying to analyze as best they can with the limited information they have;
    B) The most obvious Mafia in the world;
    C) The most obvious Mafia in the world attempting a double bluff.

In a group this size, C is a risk.

I feel the reactions to Akihiko's blindshoots are more indicative of intent than anything else.

I am undecided on all fronts, but my instincts say A. Apologies that I couldn't contribute further.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Minato View Post
    I'm here.

I'm not convinced Akihiko is Mafia. His behavior is indicative of:

A) Someone trying to analyze as best they can with the limited information they have;
    B) The most obvious Mafia in the world;
    C) The most obvious Mafia in the world attempting a double bluff.

In a group this size, C is a risk.

I feel the reactions to Akihiko's blindshoots are more indicative of intent than anything else.

I am undecided on all fronts, but my instincts say A. Apologies that I couldn't contribute further.
    Oh, there you are. That's everyone! I was a little worried we'd have to have another replacement. But you're here now, so we're all good.

I'm inclined to agree here. I don't know if Akihiko is mafia, he did act a little dodgey but they aren't screaming MAFIA to me.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Akihiko View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Theodore View Post
    ##Vote : [M] Akihiko

Mr Sanada, could you kindly take this vote merely as incentive to clarify your reasoning? I mean not to "offend" your sensibilities.
    Why are you so interested in my reasoning? Notice that I never said who my suspects were, yet here you are voting for me over it. Perhaps you're insecure and think I'm referring to you.
    Although, this response is very strange. Why would you not want to give your reasoning in a game where your only advantage is talking? Basically, how I read this was

A:"You're suspicious"
    T:"Well why do you say that?"
    A: "Why are you so obsessed with me? I don't have to tell you anything."

That's just very... strange

I initially ignored that, as I felt it was simply a panicked reaction to a vote. You raise a good point, however.

Akihiko: what is the reason you don't feel comfortable explaining your thoughts?

Ah, but did Akibro really not want to give his reasoning? I feel you're jumping to conclusions there. Let's see first what he has to say.

I was unaware my rather...terse method of communicating was somehow indicative of my guilt. Especially since I was attempting to communicate in-character.

Your logic seems flimsy and your rather defensive accusation has done little to assuage my worries.
    Except I never once said it was a solid indication of guilt. As I explained, I've used it as a tell on some mafia. The three who typed the least in their opening post were you (Theodore), Aigis, Elizabeth and Junpei. That's where my suspicions begin --- but this is not the determining factor I use to decide whether or not a person is mafia.

My accusation was not "defensive." I was the one who started the game off by stating I have a few suspects in mind.

As far as standing out, I was the first person to give a vote, was I not? Why would you christen the voting booth in an attempt to remain under the radar? It seems more likely to draw attention as opposed to avoiding it.

And even if my strategy was to avoid making what they call, a splash, that isn't necessarily evident of any alignment in a vacuum. Many townspeople with power roles or merely cautious play styles do the same. It's not uncommon for mafia to try and puppetmaster the game as well.

How curious.
    Yes, and you also ignored my direct response to your vote.

Putting a vote on someone who has a list of suspects isn't standing out. It's lazy. Instead of doing some critical thinking or analysis on your own, you're just voting for someone who already has in hopes that they'll give you the information.

What I also find curious is how two of the four people I initially suspected (Aigis and Theodore) are bandwagon voting someone on Day 1.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Mitsuru View Post
    That certainly is some ridiculous reasoning you've got there, Akihiko. If that were the case then we must have 5 mafia here because 5 players made minimal "I'm here" posts.
    No, some of the other posts are different. There's nothing really concrete about what I'm suggesting, I've just effectively used this as a tell in past games. I'm going with my gut on this one, and it usually leads me to the right answer.

##unvote: [M] Akihiko

Upon further analysis I am more convinced that he has no actual insight and is simply either trying to stir the pot or possesses flaws in his critical thinking that lead him to believe he sees important information where none exists. The former may be helpful, but the latter indicates a need to return to his studies. Exams are coming up soon Senpai. We would not want to see you go into them ill prepared. I myself have been studying the poetry readings lately to avoid a repeat of my last test result. Sadly human emotion and metaphor are still very difficult for me.

*pets Koro-chan*

Honestly, there's little data to suggest anything right now. We need more information to contextualize!

##vote: no lynch

Mafia Townsperson [M] Greg - Hot Dad's Avatar

Apologies for my general lack of activity, it's been a busy few days.

Fair enough Akihiko. Still think it's a bit ridic, but you do you, man. I do wonder what you have to say in regards to Elizabeth's comments.

A no lynch may be a safe bet for this day. But then, we've still got a bit of time yet, someone may throw themselves under the bus by the end of the day.

A no lynch is giving the mafia a free kill with no threat. Really only mafia love a no lynch scenario.

Statistically we are far more likely to vote for a Townie than a Mafia given the little evidence or information we have. It is the first day and we have a few posts that may or may not be suspicious but don't have sufficient data to contextualize. There are 3 Mafia and 8 Townies. Meaning we have slightly less than 30% chance to randomly vote for Mafia. So I would rather not take a shot in the dark and hinder our cause.

If anything, anyone aggressively calling for lynching particular person on the first day would seem suspicious. There's just insufficient data.