Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141828 ... LastLast

Thread: EoFF XXVII Game Thread - Day Five - Showdown in the Velvet Room

Okay, so with less than an hour left on the clock, I guess I'll try to get the ball rolling one last time.

##Vote: Theodore

I'm rather suspicious of both Aigis and Theodore for jumping on the bandwagon, and Theodore stands out to me a bit more than Aigis. He seems to be constantly trying to place himself in a highly defended position without actually contributing much to the discussion overall. And since I'm willing to give Yukari another chance (you rarely see a Mafia post that much in their own defense without anyone else backing them up) the people that still push for her execution but present themselves as peeeerfectly rational all the while rise to the top of my suspect list.

I strongly encourage everyone to re-evaluate who they believe to be the most suspicious people, given all the information we've gathered so far. Unfortunately, the quiet ones still haven't brought much to the table, but there's still plenty to sift through for now.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Greg - Hot Dad's Avatar

Man, this game picks up in the hours I am asleep and at work. How unfortunate for me.

But moving on. Wow, how the heck did this happen? Is voting for no lynch really that much of a "YOU R MAFIA SCUM" tell? Really? I mean, I also said it could be a safe option, does that make me mafia? I guess in your eyes - yes, and I should be next to go! Sure, go with your gut feelings, but wow the bandwagon kicked off, eh?

Also to all of you who are demanding an explanation: What more exactly do you want Yukari to say? She has explained why she is voting the way she is. You don't like her explanation, I understand, but honestly, what more do you want? Your noble "I will change my vote if you can change my mind" is all very well and good, but at this stage, you know you're just saying that so you can come across better.

Defending someone is always a dangerous game, and I can't say for sure whether I am right to do so, but I can't help but feel you have all overreacted, and allowed yourself to become distracted and focused only on this one person.

I mean, there's Akihiko's casual threat to the people who voted Yukari. Why did you feel the need to do that? Pinning your colours to the mast is all we can do, and every now and again town are gonna vote for town. If she flips town, I have no doubts that some of the people voting are mafia. But why you gotta threaten?

Theodore went from saying "A No Lynch is not indicative of Mafia" to voting for Yukari, claiming she was being terribly adamant about her theory. Even though she didn't post in between these two posts at all? Why the change of heart?

I honestly don't believe at this stage that Yukari is mafia. But something about Theo's change of opinion, with no apparent pushing, has me rustled.

Sorry I've been inactive the past few hours, was sleeping and then have been at work. I'm able to squeeze on here for a little bit but I wont be able to go in depth before I have to get back to work.

I am not convinced Yukari is scummy. The logic so far was because they voted a no lynch vote. And even in the discussion thread people are bickering that topic. I don't think it's indicative of mafia on day one. The bandwagon almost lynch for them though, now THAT'S interesting. Everyone just jumped right into that one. The day almost ended early because of it.

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Day One has ended. The write-up, reveal, and Night One will commence shortly.

Apologies for my absence. My Persona has responsibilities that require attending, thus affecting my attendance here.

I am 60/40 on Yukari being Mafia/Town. If she is Town, I would stake my reputation that Theodore is Mafia.

We shall see.

So have I miscounted or is it not sudden death with the vote tied?

Blog Entries

Default Night One | The Dark Hour Rises

Yukari - 4 / 6 (Shinjiro, Koromaru, Junpei, Aigis, Theodore)
    Theodore - 2 / 6 (Shinjiro, Mitsuru)
    No Lynch - 1 / 6 (Yukari)

(Akihiko, Elizabeth, Ken, and Minato did not vote)

"No, you've got to listen to me! I've worked out the probabilities and-" Yukari tried to protest her innocence. Complex mathematical theorems covered a whiteboard. I watched patiently as the others finally tired.

"Hah! We have no need of experts!" retorted someone in the crowd. Soon, they had instigated enough people to turn on Yukari.

"Only a member of Strega would use their brain!" shouted another. A few people held back, uncertain whether Yukari was really a traitor, but it was too late. Yukari's fate was sealed, her final words pleading for them to listen. The masses have spoken, and only I - a cosmic revenge spirit - could acquiesce to their request.

[M] Yukari was a Vanilla Townie played by The Summoner of Leviathan!

| Night One |

Tonight ends in twenty-four hours, or when all night actions have been submitted (unless it is stated they wish to have room to reconsider in the PM).

This thread will reopen at 18:30 GMT to begin Day Two.

Last edited by [M] Mom – Host; 02-23-2017 at 08:11 PM.

Blog Entries

I'll see you again in twenty-four hours! Or maybe even sooner. Who knows.

Blog Entries

Default Day Two | Speculating in the Velvet Room

It was a tense night. Everyone departed alone through doors to other areas of the Velvet Room, upset after Yukari's death. I sat alone in the main chamber after covering the body. I wondered whether S.E.E.S would be able to identify the Strega members.

Who were the killers? Would everyone make it through the night?

No deaths occured overnight.

| Day Two |

Today ends immediately when a majority is reached on either a player or the 'no lynch' option. If no majority is reached, the day will time out 48 hours from now (01:00 GMT, 20th).

The lynch cap for today is six.

Blog Entries

Oh, and open. Keep forgetting to do that.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Greg - Hot Dad's Avatar

Interesting, very interesting. Doc, you did good, whoever it was you protected.

Anyway, my questions still stand from my previous post. Feel free to answer them whenever, team.

Hmm, an eventful night, or the opposite? We'll see in time. For now, let's continue where we left off.

What do you think, everyone?

I picked an unfortunate time to be busy. Fortunately, our doctor seemed to pick the right target and now knows who they can trust.

Yesterday I asked if Shinjiro, Koromaru and Junpei were prepared to face the consequences of Yukari flipping town. I asked this question because I wanted to see their conviction and confidence behind their vote. Out of those three people, only Shinjiro firmly stood by his vote before later retracting. Junpei and Koromaru both attempted to deflect blame and suspicion back onto me, instead of standing by their decision.

Their are a few ways to interpret their responses. I initially respected the fact that Shinjiro stood behind his vote, but he then lost credibility when he backtracked on his vote. I think there's a realistic chance that he figured Yukari was going to get lynched anyways, and decided to redact his vote in order to earn some goodwill in the following day. If this is the case, he's likely mafia.

I think Theodore and Aigis bandwagoning together to vote out Yukari is a little suspect. However, from my experience it would be incredibly risky to do this on the first day phase. Doing that is a quick way to stand out and put a target on your back. The only people likely to do this are inexperienced or brazen mafia.

I am aware yesterday was a strategic miscalculation and I aware of how it makes me appear.

I stand by that my logic from last night was reasonable and I wasn't trying to bandwagon as much as I was trying to put pressure on Yukari, whom failed to convince me. Evidently it was the wrong choice so I'll answer any questions needed.

Akihiko, you are one strange fellow as you seem rather adamant that any action can be interpreted in specific way whilst not giving any reason as to how they could not apply. It's not particularly suspicious, but it certainly is bold and unconventional